The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 How our first week has gone

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 15/05/2010 : 14:48:19
I have some more pictures of Savara and I thought I'd just share our first week with her with you all. The 5 pictures below were taken on 13.05.10 this was the night of our 1st attempt at feeding which was very uneventful as Savara was not in the least bit interested in her pinkie at all.

We did try feeding again last night and yet again not interested, so I came straight here and read up on some old posts which helped a lot. We have a long piece of bark that goes the whole length of her home and she seems really happy in it sleeping at different places along it but after reading that everyone says they should have 2 hides we decided to do something about that today and she now has an oxo cube box at either end of her home. Well I took a few more pictures of her today as I rearranged her home and Jordan was holding her and I don't know if I'm right but I think she is getting ready to shed and I'm now thinking thats why she didn't look at that pinky because she has been really quite sociable and friendly, she just seems to want to investigate everywhere and everything and really hasn't seemed stressed at all and is always out wandering round her house every evening and night.

I'd be really interested in your opinions though you can see in the photos below those eyes look really cloudy and her colours look duller.

Tracey
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sta~ple Posted - 15/05/2010 : 20:18:55
That's great news :) Snakes seem to love cardboard boxes more the special nice looking hides, they are like children at christmas playing with a cardboard box but not the £100 toy XD
herriotfan Posted - 15/05/2010 : 17:59:39
Aww, bless her. Her lil eyes look really grey/blue defo shed time, me thinks!!
crazy JJ Posted - 15/05/2010 : 17:45:21
she is a lil cutie, hope she sheds alright :D
never know you might even be able to catch her shed and watch it :D now that is great to watch :D
HannahB Posted - 15/05/2010 : 16:19:25
aw shes really sweet - glad she seems to be settling in well, and hope she sheds ok
n/a Posted - 15/05/2010 : 16:13:39
I am her official photographer so there will definately be pics. She was really interested in the camera today which is how I got the good head shots.
Sta~ple Posted - 15/05/2010 : 16:13:06
^ And hopefully there won't be a poo in it so you can keep it :D
DannyBrown91 Posted - 15/05/2010 : 16:10:05
Just check on her from time to time, won't be long before theres a nice shed in her faun/RUB
Dan-sunkist Posted - 15/05/2010 : 15:55:10
lovely snake but i agree with danny your snake id very misty looking in the eyes more than likley in mid shed
n/a Posted - 15/05/2010 : 15:08:23
I thought that about her belly the other day but was so excited about having her out, I remember thinking on Thursday that I thought her belly marking had been black. She has happily settle in the oxo box at the cold end of her home now but happily checked them both out when she was put back in.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 15/05/2010 : 15:00:23
I can understand why she didn't take the pinkie as on these pics it looks like she is coming upto a shed. Her belly and eyes are very cloudy and skin looks fairly dull in the last 2 pics.

I'd leave her be untill she sheds and she should take a feed after that

Edit: Make sure you take some pics after hse has shed so we can see your nice new shiney snake.
n/a Posted - 15/05/2010 : 14:49:56
Sorry the pics are a bit big I thought I had resized them all but seem to have only done the one.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000