The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 saddles breaking

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
newsnakekeeper Posted - 18/04/2010 : 22:43:39
I was just wondering do the saddles break on all corn snakes as they grow bigger sorry if this is a daft question
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hillzi Posted - 19/04/2010 : 18:07:25
Ah I get you, how like a germ reproduces, splits into one?

My corn is doing it, as he sheds theyr'e slowly moving apart, it's fine, natural, shows he is growing.

newsnakekeeper Posted - 19/04/2010 : 16:56:40
HB yes 1 saddle splitting into 2 is what i meant sorry for any confussing i may ave caused i wasnt sure how to put the post
matty18714 Posted - 19/04/2010 : 16:53:41
The patterns can change over time, but its a very slow process and the changes will be very slight.
HannahB Posted - 19/04/2010 : 13:41:15
quote:
Originally posted by newsnakekeeper

Matty there ave been a couple of posts bout the saddles on corn snakes breaking ie 2 saddles going into one

i think the OP has gotten a little confused..

think it should be "1 saddle splitting into 2" and not the other way around

if so then yes it is possible..just a sign that your snake is growing
DannyBrown91 Posted - 19/04/2010 : 10:20:41
Are you reffering to the saddles seperating as they get older/longer/bigger rather than them joining up. For instance my casper has faded lines through some saddles, as she continues to grow these saddles may well seperate therfore becoming 2 saddles.

As mouse said you can see on sprocket where he had faded lines through his saddles and they have now gone on to "break" so to speak.

If not and your are talking about them joining up, 2 saddles becoming one, then like Kehhlyr has said i would have thought it to be impossible.
Mouse Posted - 19/04/2010 : 10:15:39
Some of the saddles on Sprockett have 'grown apart' and split up, you can see in the sig one saddle (about 4 in from the right) half way there. they're now seperate.

I guess it's like our skin, like when you get a scar when you're young, incertain places (like shin or something) they can move or change shape as you grow! :D
Kehhlyr Posted - 18/04/2010 : 23:52:56
Ah, as in you were wondering if it's common for the saddles to sort of join up as they get older?
If so, then as far as I'm aware, it's not possible.

newsnakekeeper Posted - 18/04/2010 : 23:35:23
Matty there ave been a couple of posts bout the saddles on corn snakes breaking ie 2 saddles going into one
Sta~ple Posted - 18/04/2010 : 22:52:12
Well I imagine there is no snake with perfect saddles and the markings and colours can change as they get older so I imagine yes. Or it could be that you just don't notice the broken up saddles as much when they are tiny and as they grow, it becomes more obvious.
matty18714 Posted - 18/04/2010 : 22:49:39
What do you mean?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000