saddles breaking
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

newsnakekeeper
Hatchling

United Kingdom
222 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2010 :  22:43:39  Show Profile  Send newsnakekeeper an AOL message  Click to see newsnakekeeper's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I was just wondering do the saddles break on all corn snakes as they grow bigger sorry if this is a daft question

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2010 :  22:49:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What do you mean?

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2010 :  22:52:12  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well I imagine there is no snake with perfect saddles and the markings and colours can change as they get older so I imagine yes. Or it could be that you just don't notice the broken up saddles as much when they are tiny and as they grow, it becomes more obvious.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

newsnakekeeper
Hatchling

United Kingdom
222 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2010 :  23:35:23  Show Profile  Send newsnakekeeper an AOL message  Click to see newsnakekeeper's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Matty there ave been a couple of posts bout the saddles on corn snakes breaking ie 2 saddles going into one

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2010 :  23:52:56  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ah, as in you were wondering if it's common for the saddles to sort of join up as they get older?
If so, then as far as I'm aware, it's not possible.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2010 :  10:15:39  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Some of the saddles on Sprockett have 'grown apart' and split up, you can see in the sig one saddle (about 4 in from the right) half way there. they're now seperate.

I guess it's like our skin, like when you get a scar when you're young, incertain places (like shin or something) they can move or change shape as you grow! :D

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2010 :  10:20:41  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Are you reffering to the saddles seperating as they get older/longer/bigger rather than them joining up. For instance my casper has faded lines through some saddles, as she continues to grow these saddles may well seperate therfore becoming 2 saddles.

As mouse said you can see on sprocket where he had faded lines through his saddles and they have now gone on to "break" so to speak.

If not and your are talking about them joining up, 2 saddles becoming one, then like Kehhlyr has said i would have thought it to be impossible.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Edited by - DannyBrown91 on 19/04/2010 10:23:03
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2010 :  13:41:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by newsnakekeeper

Matty there ave been a couple of posts bout the saddles on corn snakes breaking ie 2 saddles going into one

i think the OP has gotten a little confused..

think it should be "1 saddle splitting into 2" and not the other way around

if so then yes it is possible..just a sign that your snake is growing

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2010 :  16:53:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The patterns can change over time, but its a very slow process and the changes will be very slight.

Go to Top of Page

newsnakekeeper
Hatchling

United Kingdom
222 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2010 :  16:56:40  Show Profile  Send newsnakekeeper an AOL message  Click to see newsnakekeeper's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
HB yes 1 saddle splitting into 2 is what i meant sorry for any confussing i may ave caused i wasnt sure how to put the post

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2010 :  18:07:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah I get you, how like a germ reproduces, splits into one?

My corn is doing it, as he sheds theyr'e slowly moving apart, it's fine, natural, shows he is growing.

Edited by - hillzi on 19/04/2010 18:07:38
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000