The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Case (viv) Mod

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Azzheasman Posted - 08/04/2010 : 18:31:55
So im looking at Milkys viv and i notice its a tad hot and the airs a bit stale there are vents but not much airflow, and the thought occurs to me, wouldnt be that different to cooling your pc down essentially the same thing (it gets to hot it dies) so i went up to my store of parts (in this case one of my room mates who just happened to have upgraded his heatsync fan) and started splicing some wires together, managed to get a working plug out of the setup (used a spare USB wire spliced that into the fan wiring plugged the usb jack into a wallplug with a usb that JRDN used for one of his phones) and we were away, Screwed it onto the side vent on the OUTSIDE so snakie didnt get tempted to stick her toungue in there, screwed the bit that adjust the speed of the fan on the the side of the viv and bam adjustable airflow, or vivaircon as i like to call it. Who knew a degree in computer games design would help out with the snakies PWNED

(in the pic it looks like the fan is the wrong way its like a big scoop that pulls air from the sides and forces it out the front through the vent)
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 09/04/2010 : 22:07:20
That's fantastic!

I was only thinking about this the other day while pondering over the crestie setup I'm likely to be doing in the next couple of months. Good to know that others have done it!
Azzheasman Posted - 09/04/2010 : 21:53:14
vent is almost at the roof lol and theres no wind as such in there just when you open the viv its fresh not that kinda stale woodchippy smell :)
n/a Posted - 08/04/2010 : 22:56:32
i have pc fans attached to the vents of all my vivs for hot days
DannyBrown91 Posted - 08/04/2010 : 20:19:36
Nice thread matty, tis a good idea.
matty18714 Posted - 08/04/2010 : 19:26:39
Nice one. I did the same thing last summer when is was boiling.

http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=1802&SearchTerms=pc,fan
Kehhlyr Posted - 08/04/2010 : 18:39:06
I've done a similar thing in the past, a PC powersupply fan screwed onto the back of the vents.

Good idea they are, if you have to much heat.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 08/04/2010 : 18:35:33
Nice idea, how high up is the vent/ fan? Don't want it too draughty on milky.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000