The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Progress at last :D

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
crazy JJ Posted - 25/03/2010 : 15:55:36
i am now an even happier mummy

I got Twilight and snoopy out yesterday without them biting me, hissing, rattling or anything like that and finally sitting happly on my hand, without them trying to get away, just happily going in and out my fingers, and loking alot calmer...

Things are looking up

So am hopin shall get the same tonight

10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
crazy JJ Posted - 26/03/2010 : 14:39:30
yea she doing reli well :D beta than snoopy lol
Sta~ple Posted - 26/03/2010 : 14:28:24
Awww I hope Twilight continues to behave well.
crazy JJ Posted - 26/03/2010 : 14:02:20
haha lol...but yeah it eventually works out... its coming to the point where when they rattle their tail i kinda think its funny cos i know none of them are going to do anything anymore, so i just crack on (which is a relief)

xx
Kellog Posted - 26/03/2010 : 04:41:33
That is great news that they are getting used to you handling them. It really is a case of patience and perseverance....and not letting them scare you - which they certainly have tried to do and failed miserably!

You have to remember that corns are not used to being handled, dont really want to be and it just takes time for them to adjust to us handling them and then come to enjoy the time outside the viv, being able to explore etc.

Just keep doing what you are doing....ignoring any tail rattling or hissing. And the good work will definitely be worth it....it is so lovely when they are finally happy to sit on your hand or slide through your fingers..... (although both of mine are rather too big to do either of those things )

xxx

crazy JJ Posted - 26/03/2010 : 01:33:20
thanks guys... yea it went ok 2night as well.... well except snoopy he wasnt that pleased lol but he shall live!! n get over it... he just doesnt like the 'picking up' stage but once in ya hand he fine

but nope instead ciass was the one being stupid and defensive and rattling... g if it aint one its the other...but he shud know better... :)
herriotfan Posted - 25/03/2010 : 21:04:50
That's really good. I'm pleased for you. Lets hope they 'understand' now and you'll have no more problems!
Kazerella Posted - 25/03/2010 : 20:14:55
Great news crazyJJ.

Glad your patience is paying off for you
mozacchio Posted - 25/03/2010 : 16:37:29
Congrats!
Spaghettino never bites but he rattles or gets into striking position sometimes..
Hope he takes example from Twilight and Snoopy!
crazy JJ Posted - 25/03/2010 : 16:04:54
yup and it has finally paid of.... hopefully will not get bitten know more not that i have 4 a while but o well just soooo happy.. its like they cant be bothered to be defensive n stuff haha... snoopy thought about it but thought na.. lets not bother woop woop :D

xxx
n/a Posted - 25/03/2010 : 16:00:29
YAY!!
Congratulations!
Little and Often :)
xXx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000