The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 listening to fools

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kevgerb46 Posted - 09/02/2010 : 17:59:49
i bought my corn "flash" about 14 days ago, he is my first so im on a learn curve with him he's about 3yrs old and about 4ft long, when i first got him he was a bit shy,as u would expect everything being new an that but he was still quite inquisitive, he ate and drank well, up until a few days ago when he stopped eating and went into hiding. when i bought him iwas told he ate and drank well and had just shed, so today i popped a look at him and i think he's shedding again, is that possible? or were the pet shop talking b----x, he has gone dull his skin looks kinda bluish and his eyes are a bit misty, what do u think guys?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eeji Posted - 09/02/2010 : 23:03:10
he's refusing because its too much for him, he'll be fine on one XL every 10-14 days, or one medium every week.
kevgerb46 Posted - 09/02/2010 : 21:08:43
the shop told me he was eating 1 xl mouse every 4-5 days, 3days after i got him i fed him and he ate that no problem and he ate again 5 days later, but i offered him one on sat and he refused it so ileft it in there for a few hours and he still wouldnt eat it (i brained it too), in the bin that went.
the shop had no feed records at all. i have one, and use it daily..
eeji Posted - 09/02/2010 : 20:44:10
colours dull + cloudy eyes = getting ready to shed :) He'll be ok without food if he refuses, some corns will eat while shedding and others won't - its just one of the little things you'll get to know about your snake as time goes on :)

just out of interest, what did the shop tell you he's eating and how often?
gingerpony Posted - 09/02/2010 : 20:38:10
if the shop didn't provide you with any records i personally doubt if they'd even know when he last shed...............
HannahB Posted - 09/02/2010 : 18:59:21
some snakes are generally twitchy and a bit nervous about being touched..it might be that shes not used to the handling as shes not had much human interaction,
sounds like she is shedding with that description
kevgerb46 Posted - 09/02/2010 : 18:51:35
well by what they were saying i thought she meant the previous week to me buying him cause she said he might still be a bit sensetive to touch, or was it she didnt want to get him out ? to be honest they dont really seem very knowledgeable about snakes at all.
a33272 Posted - 09/02/2010 : 18:39:10
when you say they said he had just shed did they tell u exactly when?? sounds like he sheding from what you have said, some snakes are ok during this time (mine will still eat and be handled without problems) but some wont, just wait till his eyes clear up then try offering him food or just wait until hes shed
kevgerb46 Posted - 09/02/2010 : 18:09:42
but surely bud, he wont shed twice in a month will he? and will he b ok without food? offered him some mon he left it, i even brained it.
Budaholic Posted - 09/02/2010 : 18:02:49
Yup, sounds like he's gonna shed again.... He'll naturally seek somewhere to hide. Just leave him alone until he's shed.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000