The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 homework......

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
meggi Posted - 04/02/2010 : 18:40:46
hi , i`ve got a bit of a problem. This is really the wrong place to put his question but what the heck!...... I`ve got to found out about the `buddha` i think i`ve found out all i need apart from one thing. Where can you put/ not put a laughing buddha.

thank you ever so much megxxxxx
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 06/02/2010 : 14:17:20
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

wonder what he finds so funny?

Probably that people think he needs to be put in all these different places..?

xXx
meggi Posted - 06/02/2010 : 13:25:03
Thank you SO much xx It`ll help loads.

thanks again megxx
SexyBear77 Posted - 05/02/2010 : 18:33:06
Sounds like laughing Buddha gets put in a lot of strange places- wonder what he finds so funny?
eeji Posted - 05/02/2010 : 18:31:16
you also shouldn't tie Laughing Buddha to your back while swimming because it creates negative forces and makes you sink
HannahB Posted - 05/02/2010 : 15:27:02
i need to get me some laughing buddha's then!! could do with some luck and happiness and fortune over the next few months
n/a Posted - 05/02/2010 : 09:24:45
Display the Laughing Buddha on the dashboard of your car. He will pick up your problems, stuff them into his sack and transform them into happiness. That will take the load off your mind so that you can focus on driving, and reach your destination safe and sound.

what happened before cars? suppose he would have been strapped to the horse! i like how religons adapt ancient things to suit modern day :p
Kellog Posted - 05/02/2010 : 04:56:30
I hope this helps with your homework Meggi....

According to legend, if one rubs the Laughing Buddha's great belly, it brings forth wealth, good luck, and prosperity.

While Chinese and Japanese tradition merely associates the placement of the Laughing Buddha in the home or office with prayers for prosperity and happiness, there is a school of thought known as Feng Shui that also focuses on the actual position of the placement and direction the Laughing Buddha statue is facing.

Laughing Buddha is one of the lords of wealth. So ideally, the statue should be placed in such a way that it faces the main entrance of the house. If that is not possible , then the next best location is the side-table or the corner-table provided the table is diagonally opposite the front door and is facing it. A good place to put the Laughing Buddha is in the living room, preferably facing the front door to harness good fortune while staving off bad luck, to bring in harmony and take away quarrellings, to absorb negative Chi and emanate auspicious energies.

Display the Laughing Buddha on the dashboard of your car. He will pick up your problems, stuff them into his sack and transform them into happiness. That will take the load off your mind so that you can focus on driving, and reach your destination safe and sound.

The Laughing Buddha may also be placed on the study desk to take away pressure and stress, as well as to assist the student towards fulfilling academic goals.

Place the Laughing Buddha in your office table or reception’s area of your shop to bring wealth luck and harmony as well as to prevent backstabbing.

You can put the Laughing Buddha on a small plate and put some grains on that, it is the belief in India that if you keep it like this you will fill your home with wealth.

Do not place the image in kitchen and toilets!????

Although I am not sure we should be doing your homework for you Meggi!!

(and yes I did J*GI Kehhlyr!!!)

xxx

Kehhlyr Posted - 04/02/2010 : 23:56:55
I'm sure I've heard something like they should be facing the door to welcome people, or something like that anyway.
sexychef Posted - 04/02/2010 : 22:39:46
you can put a laughing buddha on money and it is believed this will make you wealthy. other buddhas this is not true. that is all i no tho
DannyBrown91 Posted - 04/02/2010 : 20:34:07
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

in a bowl of custard?

Is that a place for a laughing buddah? because i don't think i'd want mine with a soggy buddah init.
meggi Posted - 04/02/2010 : 19:45:53
i`m beggining to think the same.
eeji Posted - 04/02/2010 : 19:45:32
in a bowl of custard?
DannyBrown91 Posted - 04/02/2010 : 19:39:12
I think that is probably one for google lol.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000