New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

meggi
Hatchling

United Kingdom
321 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2010 :  18:40:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi , i`ve got a bit of a problem. This is really the wrong place to put his question but what the heck!...... I`ve got to found out about the `buddha` i think i`ve found out all i need apart from one thing. Where can you put/ not put a laughing buddha.

thank you ever so much megxxxxx

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2010 :  19:39:12  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think that is probably one for google lol.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2010 :  19:45:32  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
in a bowl of custard?

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

meggi
Hatchling

United Kingdom
321 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2010 :  19:45:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i`m beggining to think the same.
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2010 :  20:34:07  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

in a bowl of custard?

Is that a place for a laughing buddah? because i don't think i'd want mine with a soggy buddah init.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2010 :  22:39:46  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
you can put a laughing buddha on money and it is believed this will make you wealthy. other buddhas this is not true. that is all i no tho

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2010 :  23:56:55  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm sure I've heard something like they should be facing the door to welcome people, or something like that anyway.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2010 :  04:56:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope this helps with your homework Meggi....

According to legend, if one rubs the Laughing Buddha's great belly, it brings forth wealth, good luck, and prosperity.

While Chinese and Japanese tradition merely associates the placement of the Laughing Buddha in the home or office with prayers for prosperity and happiness, there is a school of thought known as Feng Shui that also focuses on the actual position of the placement and direction the Laughing Buddha statue is facing.

Laughing Buddha is one of the lords of wealth. So ideally, the statue should be placed in such a way that it faces the main entrance of the house. If that is not possible , then the next best location is the side-table or the corner-table provided the table is diagonally opposite the front door and is facing it. A good place to put the Laughing Buddha is in the living room, preferably facing the front door to harness good fortune while staving off bad luck, to bring in harmony and take away quarrellings, to absorb negative Chi and emanate auspicious energies.

Display the Laughing Buddha on the dashboard of your car. He will pick up your problems, stuff them into his sack and transform them into happiness. That will take the load off your mind so that you can focus on driving, and reach your destination safe and sound.

The Laughing Buddha may also be placed on the study desk to take away pressure and stress, as well as to assist the student towards fulfilling academic goals.

Place the Laughing Buddha in your office table or reception’s area of your shop to bring wealth luck and harmony as well as to prevent backstabbing.

You can put the Laughing Buddha on a small plate and put some grains on that, it is the belief in India that if you keep it like this you will fill your home with wealth.

Do not place the image in kitchen and toilets!????

Although I am not sure we should be doing your homework for you Meggi!!

(and yes I did J*GI Kehhlyr!!!)

xxx

Edited by - Kellog on 05/02/2010 07:14:34
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

286 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2010 :  09:24:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Display the Laughing Buddha on the dashboard of your car. He will pick up your problems, stuff them into his sack and transform them into happiness. That will take the load off your mind so that you can focus on driving, and reach your destination safe and sound.

what happened before cars? suppose he would have been strapped to the horse! i like how religons adapt ancient things to suit modern day :p

corns
0.1 Maizy, carolina 05
0.1 violet, anery 09
1.0 Smithy, amel 07
0.1 Nessa,amel 07
0.1 Lois normal/hypo motley 02
1.0 Dr Heinz Doofenshmirtz anery 00
1.0 Fry normal 08
0.1 Dora amel aztec 09
1.0 Red bloodred 08
0.0.1 Conker kastanie 10
house bunny
1.0 rex, 09
kittys
2.1 tom,jerry 09 Mittens 10
kids
3.1 Charlie-jane 98, ethan 99,coby 06,adam 07
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2010 :  15:27:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i need to get me some laughing buddha's then!! could do with some luck and happiness and fortune over the next few months

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2010 :  18:31:16  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
you also shouldn't tie Laughing Buddha to your back while swimming because it creates negative forces and makes you sink

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2010 :  18:33:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like laughing Buddha gets put in a lot of strange places- wonder what he finds so funny?

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

meggi
Hatchling

United Kingdom
321 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2010 :  13:25:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you SO much xx It`ll help loads.

thanks again megxx
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

876 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2010 :  14:17:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

wonder what he finds so funny?

Probably that people think he needs to be put in all these different places..?

xXx

Slinky-Tallulah-Fairy-Bell

"My Heart has joined The Thousand for my friend stopped running today"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000