The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Sheding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
newsnakekeeper Posted - 29/01/2010 : 12:46:14
Hi all i checked on my corn snake this morning and i noticed his eyes were not as bright as they usualy are. I was wondering could this be that he is about to go blue or mayb he has been blue and they are starting to return to normal colour. I know this may seem daft but this is the first shed since i bought the snake in december.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
newsnakekeeper Posted - 29/01/2010 : 13:10:05
gp i have a normal amel and the eye colouring is like a ruby red at min they are very dull and if they are going blue dont want to distrub the snake as it spending most of his time under substrate and dont fancy seeing if it will tag me
gingerpony Posted - 29/01/2010 : 12:52:57
have a look at the lower down pics on here of a snake in the blue-eyed phase of shedding http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8093

how obvious it is depends on the morph/eye colour but it's VERY obvious on SC's pics

it is a gradual change and then they clear again but their eyesight remains hazy until they actually shed properly about a week later
SexyBear77 Posted - 29/01/2010 : 12:47:55
Sounds like he is going into shed.

If you use the search button you will find loads more info.

Be aware that after a couple of days his eyes will clear and his skin wont look so dull- he hasn't shed so dont get confused, he will shed a few days later.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000