The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Is anybody else,

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
DannyBrown91 Posted - 05/01/2010 : 00:46:06
Looking out of their window right now and see lots and lots and lots of snow?

The flakes are humungous...
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 07/01/2010 : 19:25:12
quote:
Originally posted by bbsmog

quote:
just been out playing in my landrover at the local country park

Lol...my other half looked out of the window and said "I think I ought to get the Hybrid cranked up....snow's good for V8 engines, y'know." Which is his way of saying "I'm off to the Peaks to flip my Off-Roader on it's roof tomorrow, darling".

LOL....flippin LandRover enthusiasts

LOL.... good man!

Mine is a V8 too..... a couple of pics of my V8 baby in the snow.

BlueTongueDan Posted - 07/01/2010 : 18:27:40
quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

I was off today as well, and I have just found out I have tomorrow off too.

Me too!
Am suprised at how many people are driving! Even saw busses running! Its really icey here now!
n/a Posted - 07/01/2010 : 18:25:51
Just had our first Braai (BBQ) of the Year!
And in the Snow!
Bonus!
Bring on 2010!
xXx
matty18714 Posted - 07/01/2010 : 16:56:53
I was off today as well, and I have just found out I have tomorrow off too.
kizzig Posted - 07/01/2010 : 10:24:38
At work again after driving 10 miles through a foot of snow... Wish we would get sent home!
kdlang Posted - 07/01/2010 : 08:48:29
My kids are back at school today. Better make the most of it as there is more snow forcast tonight.
Sammysnake Posted - 07/01/2010 : 07:43:46
We're all home again today. School is shut and my husband got six metres along our road before the car got stuck due to having low wheel arches! I hope the roads clear soon - we're rationing our milk as the only thing I could get from the village shop yesterday was soya milk - urghh - and not even a nice brand of soya milk
Kellog Posted - 07/01/2010 : 05:12:50
quote:
Originally posted by Sammysnake

When I was a kid in Brighton we only ever had a sprinkling of snow. It took the whole garden to scrape up enough for a snowball and most of that was grass and stones - very stingy when you get hit by it!! I get sooooo excited living in the countryside now where you get 'real' snow.

When I lived in South Africa we had snow once...just a light dusting that disappeared immediately. It happened in the middle of the school day and school just stopped!!! But then it was gone within minutes and back to work we had to go ...

xxx
Taz Devil Posted - 06/01/2010 : 14:46:56
My sons school closed at about 10am yesterday. Took 30 mins to go a little over 1 mile, then took over an hour to turn round and come back home. Had yesterday off work. son still of school, over 6 inches of snow down but roads are clear and I managed to make it into work (7 miles away). Just keeping eye on weather cos it keeps snowing and then stopping.
kizzig Posted - 06/01/2010 : 13:52:20
We have at least a foot of snow and I'm still at work... Disappeared up to my knees this morning while clearing the car! It's meant to carry on well into the weekend, wish we had some snow days! (Apart from finishing early yesterday afternoon... )
SexyBear77 Posted - 06/01/2010 : 13:13:38
Snow in Aberdeenshire, has risen to nearly 3 feet in some places..

woo!
hillzi Posted - 06/01/2010 : 12:19:39
No school!

Just woke up, and I'm pleased, media assignment due in today, I haven't done it.. another week to do it.

AND Step Mum ordered my dad to get me and stat and mat today, can't be all bad! [:D
Kellog Posted - 06/01/2010 : 11:15:10
We were up at 6.30 this morning as we heard neighbour trying to clear her car. She is ward sister at the local A & E, so we knew we had to help. Cleared our car, drive, road...and OH, Tandi and Jos drove her to the hospital, having to take a detour because a tree was down blocking the road. OH came home very wound up...firstly the road outside the ambulance station hadnt been gritted and was lethal although the actual hospital entrance and drives were fine, and secondly there were too many people out on the road who didnt need to be and certainly didnt know how to drive in this weather. They have lost count of the amount of cars they have had to push start. If you dont have to drive dont go out!!! Now have over 6" and its still snowing.

xxx
Sammysnake Posted - 06/01/2010 : 11:10:26
In celebration of Snow Day we had pancakes for breakfast (proper homemade ones with sugar and lemon - yummy) then we all went out for a mass snowball fight, I made my snowsnake and Beth made a snow lizard and we returned home for a hot chocolate. That's what I call a perfect day. When I was a kid in Brighton we only ever had a sprinkling of snow. It took the whole garden to scrape up enough for a snowball and most of that was grass and stones - very stingy when you get hit by it!! I get sooooo excited living in the countryside now where you get 'real' snow.

Be safe everyone.

n/a Posted - 06/01/2010 : 09:52:44
My kids were due back to school yesterday, due to the snow here in wigan they are still off school aaaggghh!!!

(and obveously pestering every second to see Gunter and Cornelius!!!)
7 days up today!!!
nails Posted - 06/01/2010 : 09:22:47
Yay at last snow in Somerset
matty18714 Posted - 06/01/2010 : 08:40:05
quote:
Originally posted by Tizzy

quote:

An hour or two of snow fall but its not settled here in Bristol

It is now Matt, We're forcast up to 40cm tonight and if the kids school is closed i will be gutted!!!!! They older 2 went back today (well thats yesterday now) and little one goes back tomorrow (i guess thats actually today now?), we had a rubbish xmas holidays all couped up and they didn't stop scrapping, any more time and home and they may well kill each other!

Yes! Woke up to snow Thats a day off for me.
Sammysnake Posted - 06/01/2010 : 08:10:45
SNOW DAY - WOO HOO!!!!!
We only went back to school yesterday and today we have a foot of snow and most of the schools in the county are shut. My daughter's still asleep so I haven't broken the 'bad' news to her yet!!

It's one of those perfect days where there's so much snow that my husband didn't even need to attempt getting to work. One person with a landrover barely made it and everyone else has been told not to bother. That's the advantage of living in a village. Right, time to get the wellies on, wake my daughter and start building a snowsnake
Kellog Posted - 06/01/2010 : 04:04:33
quote:
Originally posted by Tizzy
[br We're forcast up to 40cm tonight and if the kids school is closed i will be gutted!!!!! They older 2 went back today (well thats yesterday now) and little one goes back tomorrow (i guess thats actually today now?), we had a rubbish xmas holidays all couped up and they didn't stop scrapping, any more time and home and they may well kill each other!

I am the same as you Tizzy. My 2 went back yesterday, but looks like the school will be closed today. My hope is that my OH wont be able to work so he and the kids will head out and stay out!!! Just come home when they are nearly frozen solid!!

He and my daughter went out about 11pm last night, an hour after it started to snow and we already had 2 inches. Lots of fun had in snow that hadnt been touched by human feet or car tyres...then lots of pushing cars of silly people who decided to try and drive in it. I was left at home dealing with my son, who was supposed to be asleep but of course heard them go out and was exceedingly upset at being left behind! Children and OH's - who'd have them!!

xxx
Tizzy Posted - 06/01/2010 : 01:16:09
quote:

An hour or two of snow fall but its not settled here in Bristol

It is now Matt, We're forcast up to 40cm tonight and if the kids school is closed i will be gutted!!!!! They older 2 went back today (well thats yesterday now) and little one goes back tomorrow (i guess thats actually today now?), we had a rubbish xmas holidays all couped up and they didn't stop scrapping, any more time and home and they may well kill each other!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000