The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Bear Grylls

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hillzi Posted - 01/01/2010 : 14:26:19
Just watched him decapitate a rattlesnake.

What does everyone think of him?
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 03/01/2010 : 10:48:42
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

quote:
Originally posted by eeji

people like Ray Mears and David Attenborough are 'boring' to some people because they're the real deal and don't need to sensationalise everything.

Am in total agreement Eeji...and think their attitude is such a shame because they could actually learn so much from the about the world around us. But I guess they just arent 'cool'!!

xxx

David Attenborough is Amazing!

He could say absolutely ANYTHING on any of his programs/documentaries and I would believe it because I am completely sucked in!

Simply Fantastic man- all school children should have a couple of his documentaries written into their school day.
Kellog Posted - 03/01/2010 : 06:29:35
quote:

people like Ray Mears and David Attenborough are 'boring' to some people because they're the real deal and don't need to sensationalise everything.

Am in total agreement Eeji...and think their attitude is such a shame because they could actually learn so much from the about the world around us. But I guess they just arent 'cool'!!

xxx
DannyBrown91 Posted - 03/01/2010 : 01:31:55
quote:
Originally posted by hiper2009

Does this guy eats snakes ?

There are many countries that eat snakes just as commonly as we eat things such as chicken and beef.

I seen a thing on Dirty Sanchez once where they where somewhere in Asia, possibly Thailand where they cut the heart out of a Cobra and then swallow it while it is still beating.
eeji Posted - 03/01/2010 : 01:24:03
dazb Posted - 02/01/2010 : 17:19:18
quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

I've been watching bits of that Daz, I didn't think they killed them on ship! but only watched a few minutes.

They done kill the lobsters or crabs just the fish...
matty18714 Posted - 02/01/2010 : 17:13:52
If he ate it then I dont see a problem with it. If he didnt eat that animal he would just eat some other animal.
hillzi Posted - 02/01/2010 : 17:03:54
I've been watching bits of that Daz, I didn't think they killed them on ship! but only watched a few minutes.

yes he found a rattler under a rock, and mashed it's head of with a stick, and ate snake meat 'skin and bones'. Also he took the rattle for a present for his boy.

But if I was starving in the wild, I would eat whatever I could.
dazb Posted - 02/01/2010 : 14:36:25
If he ate and used it for educational purposes then I dont see a problem. We just feel a little more upset cos we are snake lovers.

Back to the fish...(Ive been watching deadliest catch:lobstermen and trawler men...) Is it humane to leave them to die flapping about on the deck or as in crabs and lobsters chucked in to a vat of boiling water alive? That is all on tv...

gingerpony Posted - 02/01/2010 : 13:55:39
quote:
Originally posted by Paul Hume

And if I am completely honest if someone put a pig in front of me and said I had to kill it if I wanted the sandwhich then I would probably had a bowl of corn flakes.

lmfao that's SO true of SO many people i'm sure!
matty18714 Posted - 02/01/2010 : 13:53:58
quote:
Originally posted by lr2188uk

Its wrong that its staged

If it wasnt staged it would take years to film it.
lr2188uk Posted - 02/01/2010 : 13:42:09
Its wrong that its staged, but as for the rattlesnake if you were in that situation then you now know how to kill and eat a rattlesnake and use as much of it as you can.... (unlikely I know) as long as its done quickly and humanely I don't see a problem, We will be affected more because its a snake rather than a fish due to the fact that we keep snakes.
Paul Hume Posted - 02/01/2010 : 13:13:21
He did eat it and used other parts of the snake for other things. I didnt realise it was all set up until now which is a shame as I enjoyed watching it. But I still feel if you are going to kill somthing for food, no matter if your starving or not then fair play to you. As far as I am aware it was not an endagered species (although Im no expert) and I dont see it any different to me eating my sausage sandwhich this morning for breakfast, except I didnt kill the pig that supplied the lovely sausage. And if I am completely honest if someone put a pig in front of me and said I had to kill it if I wanted the sandwhich then I would probably had a bowl of corn flakes.

People around the world eat lots of different animals that some of us may find a little disturbing but I dont feel that makes it wrong as such.
gingerpony Posted - 02/01/2010 : 12:50:39
quote:
Originally posted by dazb

Would anyone have commented on if he had caught a fish and ate it...?

absolutely not!
if its quick, humane and not an endangered species then i don't see what the problem is.........and that's coming from a veggie of 20+ years... each to their own!
matty18714 Posted - 02/01/2010 : 12:48:19
I cant remember if he ate it. Its on youtube but I dont think its appropriate to post a link.
dazb Posted - 02/01/2010 : 12:42:52
I do agree they shouldnt give the impression and mislead people.

I didnt see it. Did he not eat the snake? I saw the one where he killed the turtle (i think it was in the everglades?) and he ate that.

Hiper you can buy python meat...
matty18714 Posted - 02/01/2010 : 12:26:22
quote:
Originally posted by hiper2009

Why is that bad?
hiper2009 Posted - 02/01/2010 : 12:24:57
matty18714 Posted - 02/01/2010 : 12:17:20
quote:
Originally posted by dazb

I am not suprised that scenes are set up, the series 'Life' that was on BBC recently, showed how the episode was made at the end of each one and it some times took weeks to get a few minutes of usable footage.

I agree with what your saying. I dont see a differance in him killing a rabbit or a boa aslong as its eaten (and he has done both on his show).

And yes, each scence was set up, like every other wildlife programme, but in this case the programme tried to give the impression it was real and got caught out.

Edit - Spelling
dazb Posted - 02/01/2010 : 11:48:52

I am not suprised that scenes are set up, the series 'Life' that was on BBC recently, showed how the episode was made at the end of each one and it some times took weeks to get a few minutes of usable footage.
hiper2009 Posted - 02/01/2010 : 11:28:24
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

Yeah true Paul, I saw the arctic, american desert and vietnamese jungle today (yes got INCREDIBLY bored!) and some of the stuff was ok, like cutting the blubber of a dead seal to keep warm isn't too bad, and using rubbish to make a raft etc.

Matty why do you think he is a fake?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7304617.stm

^^

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000