The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Hearing

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 26/12/2009 : 17:21:33
Is it true that snakes don't have ears and they hear through vibrations? I've haven't ever heard that before, does that mean there's no point in speaking to them?
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hillzi Posted - 03/01/2010 : 14:31:04
I'd turn the amp down, dont distort it, and play for about 10 minutes If you vary times and days you play, it shouldn't cause a problem.
gingerpony Posted - 03/01/2010 : 14:14:24
quote:
Originally posted by Scissors

I need to stop having temper tantrums aswell :P

that's what i tell my daughter if she's having a strop in front of the snakes lol
Kellog Posted - 03/01/2010 : 06:24:51
quote:

Hang on a minute........kellog you said you stop your son playing sax in the same room, and snakes hearing is to do with vibrations. Does that mean i can't play guitar in my bedroom? With an amp? because even if it's not too loud it vibrates an awful lot. Do you guys know if there's anyone on this forum that knows about snakes AND guitars?

Am really not sure Scissors. Was concerned about the vibrations that the sax noise would make which was main reason for banning him from playing it in lounge....but my need for peace and quiet also came into the decision somewhere along the line!

xxx
n/a Posted - 03/01/2010 : 02:44:16
I need to stop having temper tantrums aswell :P
n/a Posted - 03/01/2010 : 02:42:50
haha bad news for all of us then!
kdlang Posted - 03/01/2010 : 02:40:00
Damn, i think this means i have to stop screeching at the kids too.
n/a Posted - 03/01/2010 : 02:29:44
Hang on a minute........kellog you said you stop your son playing sax in the same room, and snakes hearing is to do with vibrations. Does that mean i can't play guitar in my bedroom? With an amp? because even if it's not too loud it vibrates an awful lot. Do you guys know if there's anyone on this forum that knows about snakes AND guitars?
hiper2009 Posted - 30/12/2009 : 15:05:15
quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

quote:

does that mean there's no point in speaking to them?

Even if they could hear you, what would be the point in talking to them?

I still talk to my snakes hahaha
reptiledanny Posted - 30/12/2009 : 11:10:25
quote:
Originally posted by Skorps

I talk to Slinx- its habit- I talk to my dog and my ponies and my horse...and my Husband ...
:P
xXx

haha, just thought you would add that in with the rest of the pets. hahahahahaha, lol, i did it with monty, used to tell him to lye down, and he did. . sometimes stay worked but not for long.
lmfastcars Posted - 29/12/2009 : 21:03:07
quote:
Originally posted by Skorps
...and my Husband

oo.. now thats crazy lol

(I talk to my snake aswell ) x
n/a Posted - 29/12/2009 : 20:57:02
I talk to Slinx- its habit- I talk to my dog and my ponies and my horse...and my Husband ...
:P
xXx
hillzi Posted - 29/12/2009 : 20:53:25
I just tell them off when theyr'e being naughty and occasionally say hello.
n/a Posted - 29/12/2009 : 17:34:06
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

I dont care what anyone says...I talk to my snakes all the time (but then I am crazy!).

i completely agree with you there Kellog! (not about you being crazy ) i talk to tof all the time regardless of whether she can hear me or not, makes me feel good on apoopday
Kellog Posted - 29/12/2009 : 11:20:39
I dont care what anyone says...I talk to my snakes all the time (but then I am crazy!). I find it theraputic and soothing and talk to them just as I would my dog...who I know can hear me but doesnt understand me. Its more for my sake than theirs.

Am always aware of volume of tv and music, but do still have it on...and both snakes vivs are in the lounge so they get to 'hear' it. Have banned my son from playing his saxaphone in there (more for my sake than theirs!)

xxx
hillzi Posted - 28/12/2009 : 22:03:43
Of course
gingerpony Posted - 28/12/2009 : 19:59:33
you see hillzi i'm a mine of useless useful info hun
hillzi Posted - 27/12/2009 : 23:35:33
Oooh.
gingerpony Posted - 27/12/2009 : 23:25:59
true hun lol there's nothing to channel sound waves into the inner ear structures but they're still present and working just the sounds would be muffled, whereas other vibrations would be felt through their whole body......
hillzi Posted - 27/12/2009 : 23:21:19
So no radar dishes, as if it were, to get the sound waves into the inner ear.

gingerpony Posted - 27/12/2009 : 21:55:21
snakes DO have an inner ear structure but they lack an external ear.....

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000