The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 don't use nail polish remover!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
reptiledanny Posted - 21/12/2009 : 21:23:24
i was cleaning out montys old faunarium and he had some sticky old tape on it. i peeled the tape off but there was still a sticky mark. my mum told me that i could get it off with nail polish remover. the faun was still wet and wen i put some nail polish remover on a cotton wool bud and started to get it of the tank started to go white round the side. i just thought it would was off so re washed the faun. it would go. when i dried it and checked it the nail polish remover had actualy slightly melted the tank. real bummer for me. know means i have to buy a new one as i am getting the snake that will need it.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eeji Posted - 21/12/2009 : 23:05:28
nail polish remover melts plastic ;)

oops! too late!!
Tizzy Posted - 21/12/2009 : 21:56:54
Bummer!

Sorry it's a bit late but for anyone else having the same problem, i use cooking oil or baby oil to remove tape. It works a treat, is non toxic and everone has some in the house.
Paulusworm Posted - 21/12/2009 : 21:29:49
I would also strongly recommend that Nail Polish remover isn't used on any Fauns, RUBS, Vivs or tanks on the slightly more serious grounds that at least two of the chemicals commonly found in nail polish remover give off fumes that are lethal to just about any animal in a confined area.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000