New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2009 :  21:23:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i was cleaning out montys old faunarium and he had some sticky old tape on it. i peeled the tape off but there was still a sticky mark. my mum told me that i could get it off with nail polish remover. the faun was still wet and wen i put some nail polish remover on a cotton wool bud and started to get it of the tank started to go white round the side. i just thought it would was off so re washed the faun. it would go. when i dried it and checked it the nail polish remover had actualy slightly melted the tank. real bummer for me. know means i have to buy a new one as i am getting the snake that will need it.

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2009 :  21:29:49  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I would also strongly recommend that Nail Polish remover isn't used on any Fauns, RUBS, Vivs or tanks on the slightly more serious grounds that at least two of the chemicals commonly found in nail polish remover give off fumes that are lethal to just about any animal in a confined area.

Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2009 :  21:56:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bummer!

Sorry it's a bit late but for anyone else having the same problem, i use cooking oil or baby oil to remove tape. It works a treat, is non toxic and everone has some in the house.

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2009 :  23:05:28  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
nail polish remover melts plastic ;)

oops! too late!!

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000