The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 asked mum for a new corn!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
reptiledanny Posted - 29/11/2009 : 20:28:02
i am about to ask my mum if i can get a new corn. next x-factor break and shes mine. fingers crossed.

***moved out of Photos by GP***
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
reptiledanny Posted - 15/12/2009 : 17:56:02
ye. i have been thinking about wat i really want to do with corns i want. i have decided that i really want to breed wen i am older. i have found the perfect male. a butter motley stripe. here is a pic.
http://www.hissnhers.co.uk/resources/P09187.JPG
i can get an amel stripe het caramel female, a caramel stripe het amel, an ultramel het caramel (maybe stripe or motley) and a female butter stripe, and get nice stunning babies. wen i asked my mum she sed straight away let me speek to your dad this froday. i text my dad after that and he sed he would speak to her 2morow. i think this is a promising one. i am not getting my hopes up to much tough incase they do say no but i am hoping they say yes as mum sed she did like this one.
n/a Posted - 06/12/2009 : 18:06:01
Ok, guys, explanation time for everyone who got confused over who is writing under my profile:

When you see a post written in black and without any intro, it's the Eye talking, meaning, mum, who's 47 years old. When you see a post written in blue and at the start of it there is something like, "Hawk here" then it's the Hawk, who's 14 years old.

Like it says in the profile: "We are in fact two people here. The Hawk, who's 14, and Eye, his ever-watchful mum, who's 47 as the profile says."

So far in this thread, it's been the Eye talking.

reptiledanny Posted - 06/12/2009 : 08:46:25
at the moment i have to wait know. monty has escaped. im so worried. he was so special to me.
PunkAsF82 Posted - 06/12/2009 : 07:30:34
lol, from reading through this thread instantly after having a massive argument with my mum, I can conclude that parents are either useless, stubborn, or wonderful.

If you have the third, I envy you
gingerpony Posted - 06/12/2009 : 07:10:26
i wasn't allowed snake's when i lived with my parents.............i didn't get my first corn till years later and i had my own house.
just because kids say 'i want..........' doesn't mean they automatically get, not even when they say please
Sammysnake Posted - 05/12/2009 : 23:46:32
Wow Hawk, didn't realise you were only 14. You sound very mature when I read your posts, much older than 14 - I guessed about 19 or 20
quote:
I'll tell you what the Hawk did one day, some months ago. He came over to me and asked if he could have a word. He then reminded me he wasn't a baby anymore and could handle more than I was perhaps giving him credit for. He then looked me in the eye, told me some of his observations of what was going on, and asked directly: "What's wrong?" So I told him.

Sounds like you guys have a great relationship - you're growing a good one there Eye, well done.
reptiledanny Posted - 03/12/2009 : 19:48:48
thanks. i now wat u mean. he really is lovely.
Xitania Posted - 03/12/2009 : 09:45:58
I can understand why you want that snake so badly, she/he is really beautiful. Hope you manage to convince your mum.
reptiledanny Posted - 03/12/2009 : 07:32:11
oh ok i get it. sorry. ye but at least your mum hawk likes snakes as well. mine used to be scared of them then started to get over her fear wen got monty but i don't think she has fully got over her fear
Kellog Posted - 03/12/2009 : 03:56:42
I know Hawkeye seems confusing, but she is actually 2 people!! Hawk is her 14yr old son who posts on here sometimes and Eye is the mum who is the main poster, Hawk/Eye = Son/Mother

xxx
reptiledanny Posted - 02/12/2009 : 20:31:43
but hawkeye, your 47 it says on your profile. i have monty owt at the mo. he is being a rite twit. he keepes slithering across the keyboard and because its a laptop he moves across the pad and the mouse moves. anoying twit. i love him thouugh. my baby. i will have somemore pics of him soon as he is about to shed but unfortunatly dads got camera in afgan so can't get pics before shed and after.
n/a Posted - 02/12/2009 : 20:15:08

Ok, let us know what happens.

And, I do remember your age. You're the same age as the Hawk.

Fingers crossed for you.

reptiledanny Posted - 02/12/2009 : 19:54:10
thanks all, you've all been so helpfull. i just hope she says yes. it's so nice to speak to people about it all. i have my fingers crossed. hope you all do. do you now wat is even nicer. i ahev made a hot topic. it feels so good. awsome. i just hope i get the snake i would like. if not then i will wait till next year and get 2 instead. a male caramel stripe and an amel stripe both het for each hopefully. but, lets just see wat the future brings.
n/a Posted - 02/12/2009 : 19:49:02
i dont even live at home anymore and i still get disaproving looks and "if you ever move back home you better get rid of them!" hope all goes well for you hun and remember she's only human and like everyone says, you need to prove your maturity to her. think your doing a great job saving and planning ahead so your part way there! xx
reptiledanny Posted - 02/12/2009 : 18:58:28
does not make any sence. you have to remember that i am 14 and am rubbish at english. explain that agia in english plz. my dad works away every week and comutes up to manchester every weekend. hard. i think i now wat your trying to say. my mum mite be upset or have something on her mind and she might need to talk about it and thinks she can't talk to me. is that it. im jst gunna wait till this weekend wen my dads back and then speak to them.
n/a Posted - 02/12/2009 : 18:36:20

Ok. It sounds like she doesn't want to deal with it right now and is trying to duck down from under. Which makes me wonder if she's got a lot on her mind right now, worrying about your dad being away, feeling she's got too much on her hands already, something. And, does she feel you're too young to talk to and tell what's really bothering her.

I'll tell you what the Hawk did one day, some months ago. He came over to me and asked if he could have a word. He then reminded me he wasn't a baby anymore and could handle more than I was perhaps giving him credit for. He then looked me in the eye, told me some of his observations of what was going on, and asked directly: "What's wrong?" So I told him.

I don't know if this kind of thing would work with your mum, but perhaps it's worth talking to her, without mentioning the snake and not in order to get her to allow you to get the snake, but for the purpose of finding out what goes on and seeing if you can make a difference for the better. If this also results in her allowing the snake, great. But it's worth it even if all you get at this point is knowing what she's really concerned about and the two of you being more of a unit rather than two individuals each trying to solve a problem.

How does all of this sound?
reptiledanny Posted - 02/12/2009 : 17:37:41
thats wat my mum sed. it was "wait till we done your bedrrom up....." she ahs been saying we will do my bedroom up for 6 months now and wen i bring up the topic she just says "i dunno y" wen i ask her wen we r gunna do it. i will speak to her tonite but i bet she will say wait till your dad gets home from afganistan and we will talk then, then might be too late for the one i wanty!
n/a Posted - 02/12/2009 : 14:01:36
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

His best reason to date has been- "because I said so".

I get angry when I hear such replies they are unacceptable and are an effort to assert control. I'm not saying a parent should justify themselves, but I am saying that when I hear such a response from anyone I lose respect for that person. If they don't want to share they can always say, "I don't want to get into the reasons at this point, I understand it's frustrating and I'm not doing it to you intentionally, it's just that right now is not a good time and it's not because your wishes are not sufficiently important to me." And, promise to open the subject again when things change. Something like that, anything, just not leave the other person with the unfair "because I said so."

quote:
Sometimes parents are as stubborn as mules because they don't want to lose face or seem like a pushover.

I think you are right, and it's annoying that they don't see their preoccupation with how they seem on the outside actually resulsts in unnecessary frustraion to others.

SexyBear77 Posted - 02/12/2009 : 12:20:13
Well done Danny, I have the same problem with my dad, and I'm 21....

His best reason to date has been- "because I said so". You sound like you are doing a fantastic job, but try not to get too disheartened if your mum still refuses to give in. Sometimes parents are as stubborn as mules because they don't want to lose face or seem like a pushover.

If you make it seem like her idea or like she will be getting something out of it (eg: you will take on the washing of the kitchen floor from now on) then maybe she would soften toward the whole thought. Good luck! x
Kellog Posted - 02/12/2009 : 02:16:53
I am really impressed with you reptiledanny. You show so much maturity in the way you have researched and cared for Monty and the way you have saved your money, working out all the costs and everything. Lots of adults dont even do that. If I was your mum I would be proud of you!

xxx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000