The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Ooooh, so tempting...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sammysnake Posted - 22/11/2009 : 16:31:43
OK, so my husband wants some ideas of what to get for for Christmas. I don't really need anything (I'm rubbish at spending money on myself). I do need some clothes but don't like anything in the shops so the obvious answer would be a new snakey. I did the dreaded thing and popped into the rep shop just to see what was about.....

They've got two male yearlings which they've had for a while and they are only £45 each. It would be lovely to have a snake which is much bigger than Twilight but, I dunno. One was an Amel and one a Creamsicle, identical size and both were a little skittish when I picked them up but soon settled down. Amel went for a trip up my sleeve and the Creamsicle settled down for a snuggle really quickly.

With the Amel though I noticed some white patches around some of the scales and I felt like he was catching some of his scales underneath if my hand went ever so slightly in the wrong direction. Is this normal? I haven't really handled an older corn so I don't know if their scales feel more 'obvious' when they're bigger or if he could be a bit 'tubby' or something else. Any ideas?

Really I wanted a Carolina or a stripe of some kind but these ones are available. If I got an RUB for one, what size would I need? I'd say they were getting on for 2 foot in length. I was a little surprised though that they are living together in a 2 foot viv with only one hide in the middle.

2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lmfastcars Posted - 23/11/2009 : 17:54:09
them sharing a viv is okay if they get along with each other but one hide in the middle is a bit odd. Brilliant idea though with the snake another snake:D
eeji Posted - 23/11/2009 : 16:42:02
the scales catching an feeling a bit 'rough' is normal for a larger corn ;) For a yearling I'd go straight for a 50 litre RUB

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000