New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2009 :  16:31:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, so my husband wants some ideas of what to get for for Christmas. I don't really need anything (I'm rubbish at spending money on myself). I do need some clothes but don't like anything in the shops so the obvious answer would be a new snakey. I did the dreaded thing and popped into the rep shop just to see what was about.....

They've got two male yearlings which they've had for a while and they are only £45 each. It would be lovely to have a snake which is much bigger than Twilight but, I dunno. One was an Amel and one a Creamsicle, identical size and both were a little skittish when I picked them up but soon settled down. Amel went for a trip up my sleeve and the Creamsicle settled down for a snuggle really quickly.

With the Amel though I noticed some white patches around some of the scales and I felt like he was catching some of his scales underneath if my hand went ever so slightly in the wrong direction. Is this normal? I haven't really handled an older corn so I don't know if their scales feel more 'obvious' when they're bigger or if he could be a bit 'tubby' or something else. Any ideas?

Really I wanted a Carolina or a stripe of some kind but these ones are available. If I got an RUB for one, what size would I need? I'd say they were getting on for 2 foot in length. I was a little surprised though that they are living together in a 2 foot viv with only one hide in the middle.

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2009 :  16:42:02  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the scales catching an feeling a bit 'rough' is normal for a larger corn ;) For a yearling I'd go straight for a 50 litre RUB

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

lmfastcars
Hatchling

United Kingdom
360 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2009 :  17:54:09  Show Profile  Click to see lmfastcars's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
them sharing a viv is okay if they get along with each other but one hide in the middle is a bit odd. Brilliant idea though with the snake another snake:D

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000