The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 She shed in my hands...!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 03/11/2009 : 23:08:19

Stella the star has done something magical: she rubbed her head against me, slithered through my hand, and left there for me a lovely complete head-piece.

It didn't end there, but she's Hawk's snake so I'll let him tell you the rest in his own words. I'll just say that all of us here were awestruck.

9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 08/11/2009 : 20:55:48
that's amazing! :D so nice to hear :)
HannahB Posted - 08/11/2009 : 14:57:22
so jealous...
Kellog Posted - 06/11/2009 : 03:21:48
What an experience Hawk! So few people get to see their snakes shed...but to see her shed right in front of you like that must have been amazing! Two very happy owners and one happy snake!

xxx
Dazzetski Posted - 04/11/2009 : 22:29:48
Happy days
n/a Posted - 04/11/2009 : 17:34:37

Hawk here. This is how it went:

A few days ago while doing a spot check I noticed Stella had gone blue. And so yesterday I decided to check if she was still blue or maybe has already shed. (She was due a feed but we were gonna wait another day if she has not shed.) She was not blue but still hadn't shed. Mum was doing something in the viv and I was holding Stella, when she started yawning and poking her head into my hand. I thought she was hungry or something, so asked mum if we should try and feed her. Mum said ok so I put Stella in her feeding box but she refused the pinkie, which is very unusual for her. Instead, she was again trying to rub her head and we realized what she was trying to do but the box was pretty bare with nothing to help her really. Mum then lifted her up to put a kitchen roll underneath, and Stella took an excursion trying to get between mum's jeans and her mobile phone, then back into mum's hand. By that time the head part was already hanging a bit loose. She slithered right through mum's hand and left the head piece there, then mum put her back in the feeding box with some kitchen roll and something else she could rub against to help her shed. Then we watched as Stella was shedding -- it was awesome! She did a totally clean shed, and the moment she was free she pooped and peed (conveniently in the box and not in her viv, thanks Stella! ) and straight after that, once mum cleaned the box and put fresh kitchen roll inside, we offered Stella two pinkies which she gobbled down in no time at all . And now I am left with a shiny, full belly first class snake .
PunkAsF82 Posted - 04/11/2009 : 13:17:56
tartan used to do that! i'd make a hole with my thumb and forefinger and she'd squeeze her way trhough and leave me a full shed in my hands
Kazerella Posted - 04/11/2009 : 10:19:46
It's great when that happens. You must have a very brave snakes! Most would be too shy
Kellog Posted - 03/11/2009 : 23:46:59
You cant leave us waiting Eye.....come on Hawk, finish the story!!!!!!

xxx
Dibzy-Time Posted - 03/11/2009 : 23:15:55
WOOOOW

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000