She shed in my hands...!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  23:08:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Stella the star has done something magical: she rubbed her head against me, slithered through my hand, and left there for me a lovely complete head-piece.

It didn't end there, but she's Hawk's snake so I'll let him tell you the rest in his own words. I'll just say that all of us here were awestruck.

Dibzy-Time
Hatchling

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  23:15:55  Show Profile  Click to see Dibzy-Time's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
WOOOOW
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  23:46:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You cant leave us waiting Eye.....come on Hawk, finish the story!!!!!!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  10:19:46  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's great when that happens. You must have a very brave snakes! Most would be too shy

Go to Top of Page

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  13:17:56  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
tartan used to do that! i'd make a hole with my thumb and forefinger and she'd squeeze her way trhough and leave me a full shed in my hands

~~ My Zoo ~~
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon - Cooper
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.1.0 Normal Leopard Gecko - Layla
1.1.0 Cats - Zelda the Maine Coon & Link the Ragdoll X Tabby
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids
0.0.20 Community fish tank

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  17:34:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hawk here. This is how it went:

A few days ago while doing a spot check I noticed Stella had gone blue. And so yesterday I decided to check if she was still blue or maybe has already shed. (She was due a feed but we were gonna wait another day if she has not shed.) She was not blue but still hadn't shed. Mum was doing something in the viv and I was holding Stella, when she started yawning and poking her head into my hand. I thought she was hungry or something, so asked mum if we should try and feed her. Mum said ok so I put Stella in her feeding box but she refused the pinkie, which is very unusual for her. Instead, she was again trying to rub her head and we realized what she was trying to do but the box was pretty bare with nothing to help her really. Mum then lifted her up to put a kitchen roll underneath, and Stella took an excursion trying to get between mum's jeans and her mobile phone, then back into mum's hand. By that time the head part was already hanging a bit loose. She slithered right through mum's hand and left the head piece there, then mum put her back in the feeding box with some kitchen roll and something else she could rub against to help her shed. Then we watched as Stella was shedding -- it was awesome! She did a totally clean shed, and the moment she was free she pooped and peed (conveniently in the box and not in her viv, thanks Stella! ) and straight after that, once mum cleaned the box and put fresh kitchen roll inside, we offered Stella two pinkies which she gobbled down in no time at all . And now I am left with a shiny, full belly first class snake .
Go to Top of Page

Dazzetski
Egg

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  22:29:48  Show Profile  Visit Dazzetski's Homepage  Click to see Dazzetski's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Happy days

0.2.0 cats (Spud & Phoebe) RIP Stevie fat man
1.1.0 Royal Pythons (Syd & Sofia)
2.2.3 Corns (Ghost - Hogan, Carolina - Shaggy, Snow - Sparkle, Amel - Tango, Crimson -Fred, Candy Cane - Haribo & Normal Stripe - Go Faster)
0.0.1 Columbian Rainbow Boa (Escobar)
1.1.0 Variable King Snakes (Lancelot & Guinaverre)
0.0.20 fish
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  03:21:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What an experience Hawk! So few people get to see their snakes shed...but to see her shed right in front of you like that must have been amazing! Two very happy owners and one happy snake!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2009 :  14:57:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so jealous...

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a