The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 losing the will to post.......

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
gingerpony Posted - 21/07/2009 : 00:27:22
it's great that this forum (and the others) have grown but sometimes it's damn hard work.........
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
devilsmistress Posted - 22/07/2009 : 11:20:01
same as Kellog, I do give advice on my own knowlage (obviously Bam is a whole new world to me) But from when I had my old corn. If I goive out advice and Im wrong Id rather someone say, It the only way Im going to learn!
Hope you back to your old self soon GP, like kellog said, lean on other moderators and dont feel it's your resposability to answer every thing. Some one else said some sthing, (cant rember who) but at the end of the day its up to each of us to look after out snakes, If and answer cannot be found here, there are plenty of other info sites about. I always try and search for my answeres before asking and that includes searching the internet, and archives from this forum! Like when I was going to handle bam for the first time, he was really skittish and i was unsure if i was stressing him or not, so I left him that evening and done some research! Maybe we could encourage new owners to do a bit more research that just post questions all the time (that's not ment to offend anyone btw!)
Kellog Posted - 22/07/2009 : 05:00:06
I hope I havent said anything wrong when I have commented on other posts = I have just gone by my limited experience and the amazing advice already given to me, and then I say how great the moderators on here are. I know I wouldn't have stayed sane through Kellogs 13 week fast without you GP. Please lean on your other moderators and only post if you really feel you need to. We need to keep you strong so we can get the real GP back! xxx
dazb Posted - 21/07/2009 : 23:46:31
Take a break if you need to Ali...you cant read and answer every post...just as you cant be responsible for every snakes care...

All we can do is offer our advice and the reasons we do it that way...there is alot of different advice out there. some people do things one way and say that is the best way to do it, and others will do different and say their way is right.

I dont post on here now as much as i used to as there are alot of good, knowledgeable members that can offer good advice...every now and again some advice will be recommended that may not be the best solution, but im confident that someone will point out that it isnt and give them other options and reasons why.

At the end of the day we are all here cos of our shared love of our snakes and wouldnt intentially do anything to harm them...
lucifer Posted - 21/07/2009 : 22:36:45
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

thanks all, the intros are fine it's half-baked ideas coming from clueless people that's getting me down. how's a newbie supposed to tell the difference between somebody with experience and somebody typing bull?
i need a break.

People have managed to look after corns for years before the internet was invented .
Generally speaking everyone usually researches and takes on all opinions on here... and there are a lot of opinions on subjects, but thats fine people have different preferences to how they raise their corns. I think the key things everyone agrees on and if they don't then the right choice usually stands out from the wrong.
gingerpony Posted - 21/07/2009 : 21:47:56
quote:
Originally posted by BlueTongueDan

If you need a break GP, Take a break There are plenty of knowledgeable-enough people here to keep watch over whats being said.
Chill out for a bit, away from the forum.

Dont be gone too long though, We will miss you.

thanks BTD
anything medical i'm only an email away
n/a Posted - 21/07/2009 : 21:30:29
Just me and my usual late replies lol sry
BlueTongueDan Posted - 21/07/2009 : 21:30:15
quote:

i need a break.

?

If you need a break GP, Take a break There are plenty of knowledgeable-enough people here to keep watch over whats being said.
Chill out for a bit, away from the forum.

Dont be gone too long though, We will miss you.
punumbear Posted - 21/07/2009 : 21:26:08
yes ok kevin we have sorted this out so its done and dusted i have apologised to the appropriate person ty.Not to proud to admit when i am wrong.
gingerpony Posted - 21/07/2009 : 21:14:37
thanks all, the intros are fine it's half-baked ideas coming from clueless people that's getting me down. how's a newbie supposed to tell the difference between somebody with experience and somebody typing bull?
i need a break.
n/a Posted - 21/07/2009 : 20:34:47
This doesn't sound like the GingerPony that helped me when I first joined the forum! Who ever you are, give us gingerPony back NOW!!!! There will be consequences otherwise Seriously though GP, I for one know that your advice is worth it's weight in gold, and would miss your comments, help, support and encouragement if you didn't post. How about an advice column once a week, and let us do the welcomes for you, deal??? Ally.
Kellog Posted - 21/07/2009 : 20:17:45
Agree with sexychef - not been on here long but you dont sound like the GP I've heard before. Dont take so much responsibility on your shoulders, at the end it is up to us owners to look after our snakes, not yours and you certainly cant feel like every question asked must be answered by you, lean on the other moderators and give yourself a break! xxx
sexychef Posted - 21/07/2009 : 20:07:23
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

Ali, you don't have to answer every thread, that's the beauty of more members, someone else will do it for you

yeah somebody else who has grasped half a concept......... or heard about somebody has done something......... or just relays the info poorly............
could result in the death or injury of a snake!

whats up GP your not yourself
gingerpony Posted - 21/07/2009 : 20:03:48
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

Ali, you don't have to answer every thread, that's the beauty of more members, someone else will do it for you

yeah somebody else who has grasped half a concept......... or heard about somebody has done something......... or just relays the info poorly............
could result in the death or injury of a snake!
gingerpony Posted - 21/07/2009 : 20:01:44
i'm working on it scott, sorry, i'm trying to get a photo shoot organised this week
your stripe has chilled out a bit now
cumbrian eejit Posted - 21/07/2009 : 19:54:12
well get some piccys posted then ali, am starting to get desperate now! LOL
gingerpony Posted - 21/07/2009 : 19:49:31
so i'm still losing the will to post.........
hillzi Posted - 21/07/2009 : 19:14:54
im 15 and had no clue what QTF meant.

went a bit off topic though.

Im not even a moderator, used to be hooked on here. I hope no one minds me saying this; its all the same kind of stuff being asked... but its very busy theres lots of variety of posts and lots of people to help out though.

sexychef Posted - 21/07/2009 : 13:48:30
quote:
Originally posted by paulasparky

I love it here! I only post if I think I can be of some help to someone! It is the first forum I found and I love it, like many others have said it's a nice warm friendly forum, lots of advice. If im not sure on something I go through all the posts ant the archives to find an answer before posting! I dont like keep posting new topics as I am a noob and dont want to mussle in to much on a settled forum, so will only post if i am really unsure. I do like replying to posts though!!!!

dont worry about reposting a question that has been brought up before if you dont entirely understand or even disagree
devilsmistress Posted - 21/07/2009 : 13:31:38
I love it here! I only post if I think I can be of some help to someone! It is the first forum I found and I love it, like many others have said it's a nice warm friendly forum, lots of advice. If im not sure on something I go through all the posts ant the archives to find an answer before posting! I dont like keep posting new topics as I am a noob and dont want to mussle in to much on a settled forum, so will only post if i am really unsure. I do like replying to posts though!!!!
n/a Posted - 21/07/2009 : 13:12:38
i'm 17 and i didn't know what QFT was lol

but yea i very much like this forum, i think its much more personal if you know what i mean, rather than just strangers..its more of a community

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000