Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  00:27:22  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
it's great that this forum (and the others) have grown but sometimes it's damn hard work.........

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

n/a
deleted

369 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  00:43:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The busier the better imo

0.0.1 Striped Cali King "Hunter"
0.0.1 Snow corn "Stockton"
0.0.1 Blue tongue "Thompson"
1.0.0 Cat "Jaws"

My photobucket, http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e323/kevindollar/ Some randoms in there but mostly reps

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Go to Top of Page

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  00:59:27  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

it's great that this forum (and the others) have grown but sometimes it's damn hard work.........

i will second that. i love giving out advice but some days its just like......

Go to Top of Page

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  01:14:49  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kevind1989

The busier the better imo

QFT, the mission statement of the forums and website is to offer advice to newbie corn snake owners and to share experiences with other corn snake owners. I think we have a fair balance on here and I like the fact this place seems to grow daily with new members.

5.2.0 Cornsnakes: Lucien (Amel), Zero Kiryu (Blizzard), Aura (Butter Stripe), Montana (Normal), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender), Orlando (Anery)
2.0.0 Royals: Q & Little One
Twitter: @BlutAura
DeviantART: BlutAura
Go to Top of Page

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  01:20:58  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
sorry senior moment what does QFT mean

Go to Top of Page

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  01:22:14  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sexychef

sorry senior moment what does QFT mean

Urban dictionary is your friend

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=QFT

5.2.0 Cornsnakes: Lucien (Amel), Zero Kiryu (Blizzard), Aura (Butter Stripe), Montana (Normal), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender), Orlando (Anery)
Go to Top of Page

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  01:40:18  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
great now im 22 going on 88

Go to Top of Page

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  01:42:06  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

great now im 22 going on 88

I'm only 22 and I feel ancient already

Go to Top of Page

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  01:43:26  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
'QTF' thats why we have a quoat button surely

Go to Top of Page

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  01:52:09  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

'QFT' voices your strong agreement with someone's opinion and its courtesy to add a note or explanation next to it. Or you could be accused of just bumping up your post count by posting a 3 letter post.

Back on subject.
There will always be issues created by a forum growing but the benefits far outpace the issues.

Go to Top of Page

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  02:03:09  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lucifer

quote:

'QFT' voices your strong agreement with someone's opinion and its courtesy to add a note or explanation next to it. Or you could be accused of just bumping up your post count by posting a 3 letter post.

Back on subject.
There will always be issues created by a forum growing but the benefits far outpace the issues.

true true dont get me wrong i like learning and hopefully teaching.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  07:03:28  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ali, you don't have to answer every thread, that's the beauty of more members, someone else will do it for you

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

Mishkaa
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
29 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  07:50:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know I haven't been here long but I hope you wont mind me passing an opinion on this.

I came from "that other place"...you know, the place with no lights. I had posted 2 posts on there, one an intro, the other when Murphy had shed and I was really excited not having seen anything like that before. Never asked for advice over there and having only got 4 responses to the first post, and none to the second, I wouldn't consider asking them.

The forum here is friendly, informative and "warm". I know (from loitering so long)that posts are answered, and good advice is given - it wasn't difficult to work out who knows their stuff.

I guess what I want to say is, us "noobs" really appreciate the time and effort that certain members put into this forum. I have learned alot from reading back posts and if I had a problem I wouldn't hesitate to ask for help here.

That's my little bit...

(scurries back to corner)

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  09:27:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mishkaa

I know I haven't been here long but I hope you wont mind me passing an opinion on this.

I came from "that other place"...you know, the place with no lights. I had posted 2 posts on there, one an intro, the other when Murphy had shed and I was really excited not having seen anything like that before. Never asked for advice over there and having only got 4 responses to the first post, and none to the second, I wouldn't consider asking them.

The forum here is friendly, informative and "warm". I know (from loitering so long)that posts are answered, and good advice is given - it wasn't difficult to work out who knows their stuff.

I guess what I want to say is, us "noobs" really appreciate the time and effort that certain members put into this forum. I have learned alot from reading back posts and if I had a problem I wouldn't hesitate to ask for help here.

That's my little bit...

(scurries back to corner)

Great post. I think thats why this forum is so sucessful. I try and read everything too Ali, but there are alot of posts everyday which makes it hard. But that also makes the forum interesting.

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  09:36:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You guys have been so helpful to me since I got Kellog - you kept me sane! I am slowly learning and have my say on topics where I think it might help, but always refer back to you moderators for the best advice. I am not surprised you feel overwhelmed by it all, that is the price of success I guess. You have managed to hit the right note on this forum - a place for info and a place to make friends with people who have the same snake love you do. Don't despair, just work through the questions at your own speed and those of us who are still learning will do our best to reassure newbies that this is the right place and that you will help when you can - YOU ARE ONLY HUMAN and we all know that, we also know you must have a life away from these sites so dont put so much pressure on yourself. Lecture over! xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

595 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  13:12:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'm 17 and i didn't know what QFT was lol

but yea i very much like this forum, i think its much more personal if you know what i mean, rather than just strangers..its more of a community

0.2.0 corn snake
1.2.0 Leopard Gecko
2.1.0 Hermann tortoises
3.1.0 Dogs
0.1.0 Bird
0.0.5 Fish
1.0.0 Ferrets
1.2.0 bearded dragons
Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  13:31:38  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I love it here! I only post if I think I can be of some help to someone! It is the first forum I found and I love it, like many others have said it's a nice warm friendly forum, lots of advice. If im not sure on something I go through all the posts ant the archives to find an answer before posting! I dont like keep posting new topics as I am a noob and dont want to mussle in to much on a settled forum, so will only post if i am really unsure. I do like replying to posts though!!!!
Go to Top of Page

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  13:48:30  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paulasparky

I love it here! I only post if I think I can be of some help to someone! It is the first forum I found and I love it, like many others have said it's a nice warm friendly forum, lots of advice. If im not sure on something I go through all the posts ant the archives to find an answer before posting! I dont like keep posting new topics as I am a noob and dont want to mussle in to much on a settled forum, so will only post if i am really unsure. I do like replying to posts though!!!!

dont worry about reposting a question that has been brought up before if you dont entirely understand or even disagree

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  19:14:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
im 15 and had no clue what QTF meant.

went a bit off topic though.

Im not even a moderator, used to be hooked on here. I hope no one minds me saying this; its all the same kind of stuff being asked... but its very busy theres lots of variety of posts and lots of people to help out though.

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  19:49:31  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
so i'm still losing the will to post.........

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

cumbrian eejit
Hatchling

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  19:54:12  Show Profile  Click to see cumbrian eejit's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
well get some piccys posted then ali, am starting to get desperate now! LOL

lost track of the day's now, but I'm getting my amel stripe corn on the 2nd of August!!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000