The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Swine Flu? Pah!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hillzi Posted - 30/04/2009 : 19:55:43
Well I'm sure you've all heard the news; what do you think?

Points to CORRECT the media on;

- We can afford healthcare, only the old or young will die if not treated

- Its just like the normal flu, we will get over (Britain is like flu capital of the world) and we will get over it and become immune to it, like bird flu that disapeared but this has spread.
Hence INFECTIONS not DEATHS.

What do you lot think?

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lee2308 Posted - 13/07/2009 : 23:41:14
Tizzy,I would bring you some flowers and a bunch of grapes down but i dont want to get contaminated ,get well soon.
SexyBear77 Posted - 13/07/2009 : 22:21:59
quote:
Originally posted by serpentseye

I think that as long as you are hygenic you'll be fine, i go to school along with some disgusting people who NEVER wash their hands and smell like 100 year old cheese and they are probaly the most likely to get it.

no no no! be dirty and gross, and then your immune system will be ninja-like and you wont get ill. I wash, dont get me wrong, but I work with horses and dogs, and I accidently ingest millions of grubby little germs a day... but I'm never ever ill! you build up a good immune system from your body constantly fighting off illnesses and this is what stops you getting SICK.

If you are never exposed to pathogens, then your body will have not had any practice at fighting them off, so THOSE are the people that get ill- you clean ones!

Swine Flu- Catch it, Eat it, Live forever!
Tizzy Posted - 13/07/2009 : 21:30:25
quote:
Originally posted by widey

So do you have swine flu? have you been tested for it? Are you on anti virals? Hope you get well soon.......

Yep, no and yes.

They aren't swabbing people now coz it takes to long so they just decide over the phone by symptoms and how high your fever is. Got the Tamiflu today but it's making me feel really sick so i might just have to sit it out. It was more important that my other half got some really as he has a rare immune system disorder (congenital familer cyclical neutropenia) and cant afford to get any form of flu. They wouldn't give it to the kids though - kinda harsh as i have 2 under 5s with asthma.

[/quote]What like the sypathy you gave your sisteronly joking hope all you sufferers get well soon
[/quote]

Hey i may have taken the micky but i also called her every day and sent flowers too.
lee2308 Posted - 13/07/2009 : 20:37:54
quote:
Originally posted by Tizzy

I feel totally pants by the way - thanks for the sympathy peeps.

What like the sypathy you gave your sisteronly joking hope all you sufferers get well soon
n/a Posted - 13/07/2009 : 20:34:42
quote:

quote:
[i]
Personaly I don't think swine flu is worth getting stressed over........

Easy to say when you're not confined to your bed hugging a bottle of lucozade and a barf bucket I feel totally pants by the way - thanks for the sympathy peeps.

I wasn't being unsympathetic. Its no fun when your Ill but you just have to do what you can to get through it. So do you have swine flu? have you been tested for it? Are you on anti virals? Hope you get well soon.......
heatseeker872591 Posted - 13/07/2009 : 19:57:34
i personally would turn a blind eye to it, the news people always makes us worry, thats their job!
ive heard it all through the years i have grown up through the years. BSE/mad cows disease. Foot and Mouth disease. Bird Flu (all look they all orginated from farm animals). Last year and still today they babble on about the credit crunch and the recession- its just so depressing. and Now this!!!! I just turn a blind eye to it now, and when ever i hear the news i just start singing or doing something else and just convince myself that everythings all hunky dory! thats how i get through it all. Sod the news people!
Tizzy Posted - 13/07/2009 : 18:17:25
quote:
[i]

Easy to say when you're not confined to your bed hugging a bottle of lucozade and a barf bucket I feel totally pants by the way - thanks for the sympathy peeps.
n/a Posted - 13/07/2009 : 16:17:30
To be honest if you get it you get it and you do the same as you would for any infection.
Take plenty of fluids (keep hydrated and I'm talking at least 2.5 to 3 litres a day). Thermo regulate yourself using paracetamol and a fan, duvets etc. Make sure you continue to eat properly even if you don't feel like eating. Keep your brain and body active it all helps to fight infections.
To be honest there are more serious viruses and bacteria out there than swine flu. HIV, TB & hepatitis plus gazillions of mutations of STI's (so if your young and sexually active bewarned you have a 1-3 chance of getting something if you don't take precautions) are back on the increase. And with the spread west of the Tiger mosquito, maleria in the UK is a real possibility in the next 10 years or so.
lee2308 Posted - 13/07/2009 : 12:56:56
quote:

quote:

HAHAHAHAHAHA My sister has PIG FLU. I know i shouldn't find it so funny but i do so .....squeel little piggy!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

It's OK my Bristol Buddies she lives miles away down in Penzance so she can't infect us with her piggy germs.

Somebody should not have been so horrible about her sister. Now i have Piigy flu too. Karma?

quote:
Originally posted by serpentseye

people who NEVER wash their hands and smell like 100 year old cheese and they are probaly the most likely to get it.

LMAO just qouting tizzy,i know you and can say you dont smell like 100 y/o cheese
n/a Posted - 13/07/2009 : 12:05:22
I think that as long as you are hygenic you'll be fine, i go to school along with some disgusting people who NEVER wash their hands and smell like 100 year old cheese and they are probaly the most likely to get it.
Brookestar Posted - 13/07/2009 : 11:29:53
my college just got closed down because of a case of swine flu.
Ell Posted - 13/07/2009 : 11:13:26
http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/article.aspx?cp-documentid=148505555&ocid=today

Eeek, I don't wanna be jabbed x.x
Tizzy Posted - 13/07/2009 : 10:32:59
quote:

HAHAHAHAHAHA My sister has PIG FLU. I know i shouldn't find it so funny but i do so .....squeel little piggy!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

It's OK my Bristol Buddies she lives miles away down in Penzance so she can't infect us with her piggy germs.

Somebody should not have been so horrible about her sister. Now i have Piigy flu too. Karma?

HannahB Posted - 10/07/2009 : 10:24:19
quote:
Originally posted by lucifer

Hannah's brother's friend just got it, so I'll be wearing a face mask next time I go round

actually shes my friend too lol she got diagnosed with piggie flu yesterday... hmmm wont be inviting them round to see the new snake lol

not too concerned about catching it tho..
punumbear Posted - 10/07/2009 : 01:07:54
my neighbour across the road has got it, she text me yesterday to say she was in quarantine..lol.. 8 kids at the school have got/had it.. but im not stressing about it .. me n kids got pretty tough immune systems so see what happens.. think id welcome the few days of snuggled up in bed being waited on n looked after...lol:O) just hope the snakes are immune to it as they are all in my room..:O)
cherry-milkshake Posted - 09/07/2009 : 23:58:27
Had a letter from my daughter's school the other day saying one of the kids had got it, so I was panicking, then they sent another one the next day saying, actually, sorry, no they don't! Bloomin idiots!
lucifer Posted - 09/07/2009 : 23:55:23
Hannah's brother's friend just got it, so I'll be wearing a face mask next time I go round
nova1990 Posted - 09/07/2009 : 23:46:08
i think i heard someone in ipswich has got. it oh the joy hope its not near where i live >.<
n/a Posted - 09/07/2009 : 23:16:10
2 people have it 5 mins away from me
lee2308 Posted - 09/07/2009 : 22:54:12
3 cases this week in my daughters primary school

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000