The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 prices

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
greenow Posted - 10/07/2013 : 12:51:05
Just noticed on here the price people selling different corns for (£15-£25) but when I go out and look in different reptile shops around where I live (swansea wales) they normally start of for £45 for a normal then go up for different morphs. Is this the same where you live or are they cheaper in certain parts of the UK?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
yalovit Posted - 10/07/2013 : 23:49:35
I paid 40 for a normal,and yes as the morphs got rarer the prices went up by about a tenner
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 10/07/2013 : 23:31:02
True, pets at home sell corns for £49 quid, milks for £59 and have royals for obviously more in the aberdeen shop. However to rehome from the likes off sspca we got our snake for a dontation of £32.
Always going to depends where you go. But Lee is right.
Coal Posted - 10/07/2013 : 13:10:43
^^ What Lee said regarding why shops tend to be more pricey than private sellers. I got my corn from the Pets at Home in Llantrisant (I live in Cardiff) and they have a blanket price of £49.99 for all corns, or so I assume; they're price list just said Corn Snake - £49.99 and the ones they had on offer were an amel and an anery (I got the amel <3 ), so two fairly common morphs.
Lee Posted - 10/07/2013 : 12:56:13
Most private sellers will have a few to move on if they have a big clutch or several and seeing as they didn't 'pay' for them, other than the initial food/care, they sell them cheaper. Also most don't do it to make money, just cover costs. A shop will buy in the snake then try to make a profit, as the overheads for the shop will need paying. Near me they go for £40 to £80 in the shops, £15 to £25 private (preloved/gumtree etc).

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000