prices
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

greenow
Egg

51 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2013 :  12:51:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just noticed on here the price people selling different corns for (£15-£25) but when I go out and look in different reptile shops around where I live (swansea wales) they normally start of for £45 for a normal then go up for different morphs. Is this the same where you live or are they cheaper in certain parts of the UK?

Lee
Yearling

United Kingdom
522 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2013 :  12:56:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most private sellers will have a few to move on if they have a big clutch or several and seeing as they didn't 'pay' for them, other than the initial food/care, they sell them cheaper. Also most don't do it to make money, just cover costs. A shop will buy in the snake then try to make a profit, as the overheads for the shop will need paying. Near me they go for £40 to £80 in the shops, £15 to £25 private (preloved/gumtree etc).

1.2.4 Corn Snakes - Carolina, 2 x Bloodred het Lavender, Amel, Snow, Anery and Carolina.
0.0.1 Cali King - Ziggy - escaped!!
RIP Princess x
Go to Top of Page

Coal
Hatchling

449 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2013 :  13:10:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
^^ What Lee said regarding why shops tend to be more pricey than private sellers. I got my corn from the Pets at Home in Llantrisant (I live in Cardiff) and they have a blanket price of £49.99 for all corns, or so I assume; they're price list just said Corn Snake - £49.99 and the ones they had on offer were an amel and an anery (I got the amel <3 ), so two fairly common morphs.

'Lovecraft' - CB12 male amel

'Sarnath' - CB13 male KSB (anery, het. albino)
Go to Top of Page

ScaryVonHayleystine
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1773 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2013 :  23:31:02  Show Profile  Visit ScaryVonHayleystine's Homepage  Click to see ScaryVonHayleystine's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
True, pets at home sell corns for £49 quid, milks for £59 and have royals for obviously more in the aberdeen shop. However to rehome from the likes off sspca we got our snake for a dontation of £32.
Always going to depends where you go. But Lee is right.

Albino Addiction ... <3
0.1.0 - Creamsicle Cornsnake (Mo)
1.0.0 - Bubblegum Snow Corn (Gabriel)
1.0.0 - Lavendar 100% Het Hypo Corn (Ezra)
1.0.0 - Bairds Rat Snake (Lazarus)
0.0.1 - Crested Gecko (Pan)
Go to Top of Page

yalovit
Hatchling

United Kingdom
199 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2013 :  23:49:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I paid 40 for a normal,and yes as the morphs got rarer the prices went up by about a tenner

female corn mist.staffy cross English bull Kelsey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000