The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Feeling miserable

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Blackcat Posted - 26/06/2013 : 15:46:31
As the title says - I'm feeling miserable
I had to rush my cat to the vets last Saturday and he is still with them.
Moses is only 6 years old and nearly died of heart and kidney failure due to a blocked urethra
He is the most loving and faithful cat I have ever had, comes for walks with myself and my dog, but he has now been labelled as agressive at the vets and has to be sedated every time they need to do any thing with him
I hope his agression is down to frustration at being confined, but I do know he is in pain as they have told me he is on pain killers, the worst part for me is not being able to see him and the worry of what effect all the drugs are having on him.
Sorry for the moan, but I just needed to get rid of some of my frustrtaion
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
scottishbluebird Posted - 28/06/2013 : 16:13:56
Brilliant, glad he is home!
herriotfan Posted - 28/06/2013 : 13:56:20
So pleased he's back home!
Blackcat Posted - 28/06/2013 : 11:52:15
AcidicAngel - good luck on the job search (I'm also supposed to be job hunting, but some what NOT happening at the moment) Unfortunately poor Moses has to go back for check ups, already been this morning and then again tomorrow morning - to check he is emptying his bladder, lol.
He also has to have a tablet twice a day and some stuff on his food, so not a happy chap, but surprisingly he went willingly into his cat carrier this morning.
I also have the problem of making sure he doesn't go out - quite a challenge when I have two other cats and a dog whom constantly seem to NEED to be in and out all of a sudden.
I'm feeling so much happier, but a little concerned as my two other cats seem to have taken a real dislike to Moses since his return, Moses probably smells strange (over and above the smell of cat wee)
Thanks again for every ones lovely comments - they helped loads to keep me positive
Mort13 Posted - 28/06/2013 : 10:45:15
Aw only just read this. Sounds like the poor little guy has been through the wars bless him. Glad he's back home and comfy by your side once more.
Ps. He's beautiful!
witchy Posted - 28/06/2013 : 08:35:30
Glad to hear he is back home, even if he is smelly lol x
AcidicAngel Posted - 27/06/2013 : 23:08:18
So glad to read he's home I have been meaning to say something before but kept getting distracted job searching lol. So sorry about that. Let's just hope he doesn't have to visit what he probably thinks of as "The Torture Chamber" again eh?
mjpeters Posted - 27/06/2013 : 22:36:10
Well done Moses for putting up with all the 'Helpful Vets'Glad He's back home
I use a product called 'Pet Head'its a non aerosol nice smelly grooming stuff that I keep to hand-for those times when the hounds find a good chewy smell and roll in it so they can share it with me later
Red123 Posted - 27/06/2013 : 20:32:55
Thats great news :)
Figs Posted - 27/06/2013 : 18:51:00
Welcome back, stinker
So glad he's doing better! Give him an extra hug from me
ozziesmum Posted - 27/06/2013 : 18:46:03
So glad Moses is back home with you where he belongs and don't worry about the eau de cat give it a couple of days and you won't even notice it
Blackcat Posted - 27/06/2013 : 18:20:03
quote:
Originally posted by Coal

So glad to hear he's back home; being back in a comfortable place is bound to speed up his recovery :)

And lol about the smell; I'm sure it will clear up on its own; in my experience bathing a cat that doesn't want to be bathed does more harm than good :P

He is comfortbable - head on my lap and a front paw lying across my chest, he has no intention of being parted from me
I have no intention of bathing him - I will put up with the smell

Originally posted by smart bunny

Awwww yay so glad he's back home, I've checked in a few times today to see if there were any updates!
Hmm - you can keep the smell to yourself though lol :P

Thanks smart bunny, I don't want to share the smell - it wouldn't be right
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 27/06/2013 : 18:13:22
Yay! he's home!
Razee Posted - 27/06/2013 : 18:13:21
Yay, bet he's glad to be home, smelly or not :-) An bet you're glad to have him home, too ( does happy dance ) .
lupi lou Posted - 27/06/2013 : 18:11:11
Glad to here he's home bet your both much happier even if he is a bit wiffy, maybe get some of that spray shampoo and sneakily spritz him either that or just breath through your mouth lol
smart bunny Posted - 27/06/2013 : 18:01:20
Awwww yay so glad he's back home, I've checked in a few times today to see if there were any updates!

Hmm - you can keep the smell to yourself though lol :P
Coal Posted - 27/06/2013 : 17:22:44
So glad to hear he's back home; being back in a comfortable place is bound to speed up his recovery :)

And lol about the smell; I'm sure it will clear up on its own; in my experience bathing a cat that doesn't want to be bathed does more harm than good :P
Blackcat Posted - 27/06/2013 : 17:05:41
Yaaaay Moses is home
He has got to go back tomorrow for a check up and he has got anti-inflammatories and antibiotics that I have some how got to get him to take.
He has lost a little weight (not a bad thing as he was a little on the chunky side )
He is currently sat along side me having lots of cuddles and love
The down side is he needs a bath, he stinks of cat wee Glad you lot can't smell, my other two cats are not impressed and I'm not going to stress him out by trying to bath him.
I'm just pleased he is still alive and now back home - Thanks again everyone for your kind thoughts and words
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 27/06/2013 : 10:40:11
Get well soon Moses, we're sending all the best!
Kellog Posted - 27/06/2013 : 07:49:41
I'm so sorry Sue. It's not surprising you're feeling miserable. And it's not surprising that Moses seems to have had a personality transplant. Just think about how babies are when they're ill. They can't tell you how they're feeling or where they hurt, they just know they feel horrible so they just cry....and that s what Moses is doing. And I agree with Nusnakesmum, it's better to have him feisty that lethargic and having given up.

I really hope he's able to come home soon.

Xxx

scottishbluebird Posted - 26/06/2013 : 22:50:03
Hope he will be ok xxx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000