The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Another quick update

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ozziesmum Posted - 13/06/2013 : 10:56:33
Hi all,

Firstly can I thank everyone for their lovely messages and kind thoughts, it means a lot.

Well as you can see I'm home, the operation was a lot longer than initially predicted and I was actually in theatre for seven and a half hours instead of just over an hour but I did need another urgent blood transfusion during the op, they managed to remove the tumor and lymph nodes using keyhole surgery which meant I only had to stay in for two and a half days. I have a follow up appointment with the consultant and surgeon on Friday to discuss the results of the biopsy of the lymph nodes and will then be told wether chemo will be needed or not.

I feel absolutely great and I'm eating like a horse, I've got no pain or discomfort at all and I'm pretty sure they will tell me I can start driving again which will be a godsend. I'm also sure I won't be off work for eight weeks either I feel well enough to go back now but I know I have to be sensible so might take four weeks off and then go back part time for two weeks and then back full time as I think tiredness will be the problem initially.

Well I think that's about it for now so once again thank you and much love to you all.

11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sta~ple Posted - 15/06/2013 : 14:15:30
Glad youre feeling a bit better :)
witchy Posted - 14/06/2013 : 08:37:00
Glad you are feeling well & good luck today x
Razee Posted - 14/06/2013 : 08:16:33
Just wanted to say good luck for today's appointment, fingers crossed everything goes well - and glad you're feeling ok. Take it easy and don't rush back to work, get yourself well first :-)
Auld Baldy Posted - 14/06/2013 : 02:06:36
Glad to hear you sounding good. Ease yourself back into work and let everyone spoil you rotten. Best wishes for the next appointment.
smart bunny Posted - 13/06/2013 : 20:20:26
So glad to hear things are progressing well for you, good luck at your next appointment and as above, take the return to work nice and slowly :)
Donnie Posted - 13/06/2013 : 20:12:54
Hopefully your next appointment will go well and you will get good news from it. Wishing you the best.
Hissyfit Posted - 13/06/2013 : 19:21:48
Glad to hear you're feeling so good after your op. Fingers crossed for good results Don't rush back to work, try to take it easy and be spoiled at home for a while, you deserve it
Figs Posted - 13/06/2013 : 17:34:27
Fantastic news
Fingers crossed everythng else goes well for you x
scottishbluebird Posted - 13/06/2013 : 16:49:37
Just as has been said xxx
lupi lou Posted - 13/06/2013 : 11:29:16
Am glad your feeling good, I know what you mean about not being able to drive! When I had a knee op I purposely made sure I would need horse food just so I could get the o/h to take me out to go and get it, it was a very crafty way of getting out of the house and getting a sneaky visit to the horse,although he did draw the line at me wanting to go into the stable on crutches so had to settle for hugs over the door. Hope you don't have to wait too long for the results and that they are good
herriotfan Posted - 13/06/2013 : 11:14:41
So glad you feel great!
It's very difficult if you're not allowed to drive for a while. It makes home seem like a prison. Once you can drive again it feels lovely to get behind the wheel and just drive somewhere, anywhere, simply because you can!!
Fingers crossed for good results.....

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000