Another quick update
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ozziesmum
Yearling

United Kingdom
736 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2013 :  10:56:33  Show Profile  Send ozziesmum a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

Firstly can I thank everyone for their lovely messages and kind thoughts, it means a lot.

Well as you can see I'm home, the operation was a lot longer than initially predicted and I was actually in theatre for seven and a half hours instead of just over an hour but I did need another urgent blood transfusion during the op, they managed to remove the tumor and lymph nodes using keyhole surgery which meant I only had to stay in for two and a half days. I have a follow up appointment with the consultant and surgeon on Friday to discuss the results of the biopsy of the lymph nodes and will then be told wether chemo will be needed or not.

I feel absolutely great and I'm eating like a horse, I've got no pain or discomfort at all and I'm pretty sure they will tell me I can start driving again which will be a godsend. I'm also sure I won't be off work for eight weeks either I feel well enough to go back now but I know I have to be sensible so might take four weeks off and then go back part time for two weeks and then back full time as I think tiredness will be the problem initially.

Well I think that's about it for now so once again thank you and much love to you all.

Jane.

Oscar Black Lab, Saffron, Merlin and Mischief the cats, assorted fish, Rhubarb & Custard the corns, Tuppence the Tortoise, Tripod the Leopard Gecko.

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2013 :  11:14:41  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
So glad you feel great!
It's very difficult if you're not allowed to drive for a while. It makes home seem like a prison. Once you can drive again it feels lovely to get behind the wheel and just drive somewhere, anywhere, simply because you can!!
Fingers crossed for good results.....

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

lupi lou
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3670 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2013 :  11:29:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Am glad your feeling good, I know what you mean about not being able to drive! When I had a knee op I purposely made sure I would need horse food just so I could get the o/h to take me out to go and get it, it was a very crafty way of getting out of the house and getting a sneaky visit to the horse,although he did draw the line at me wanting to go into the stable on crutches so had to settle for hugs over the door. Hope you don't have to wait too long for the results and that they are good

1.0.1 Corns
0.1.0 Dog: springer
1.0.0 Horse
0.4.0 Gerbils
2.2.0 Leopard gecko
0.2.0 Cave gecko
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2013 :  16:49:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just as has been said xxx

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2013 :  17:34:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fantastic news
Fingers crossed everythng else goes well for you x
Go to Top of Page

Hissyfit
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2214 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2013 :  19:21:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear you're feeling so good after your op. Fingers crossed for good results Don't rush back to work, try to take it easy and be spoiled at home for a while, you deserve it

Go to Top of Page

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2013 :  20:12:54  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hopefully your next appointment will go well and you will get good news from it. Wishing you the best.

1.1 Corns (Anery Stripe, Amel) 1.0 Rootbeer 0.2 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Zebra Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 50% Diamond Zebra Carpet Python
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2013 :  20:20:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So glad to hear things are progressing well for you, good luck at your next appointment and as above, take the return to work nice and slowly :)

Go to Top of Page

Auld Baldy
Ikea's Pimp

United Kingdom
1619 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2013 :  02:06:36  Show Profile  Visit Auld Baldy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear you sounding good. Ease yourself back into work and let everyone spoil you rotten. Best wishes for the next appointment.

1.0.0: Miami Normal: Taggart
0.0.1: Carolina Normal: Wee Woody
0.0.1: Grey Rat Snake: Mirkey
0.0.1: Amel Corn: Blaze
1.0.0: Carpet Python: Vambo
0.0.1: MBK: Fester
0.0.1: Florida King Snake : Rattler (Rattle & Hum)
0.0.1. California King Snake: El Diablo Diego
0.2.0 Tarantulas : Ermintrude & Euphemia.
Go to Top of Page

Razee
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2525 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2013 :  08:16:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to say good luck for today's appointment, fingers crossed everything goes well - and glad you're feeling ok. Take it easy and don't rush back to work, get yourself well first :-)

0.1.0 late CB10 Carolina corn snake - Bazilishka
1.0.0 CB11 Abbots Okeetee- Little Twiddler
1.0.0 CB11 Hypo corn- Sebastianek
1.0.0. CB14 Butter Motley - Squidwood
0.0.2 CB18 normal/ Okeetee yearlings Bunny and Lalalishka
0.0.1 hognose
0.1.0 stable cat
0.1.0 house cat
Go to Top of Page

witchy
Egg

United Kingdom
91 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2013 :  08:37:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad you are feeling well & good luck today x
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2013 :  14:15:30  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Glad youre feeling a bit better :)

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000