The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 So the news isn't good.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ozziesmum Posted - 12/05/2013 : 13:49:57
Hi all a few weeks ago you might remember I had a bit of a health scare well I've since had an endoscopy and last week a colonoscopy and CT scan and the results are not good, they have found a large tumor which in the report says is "most likely malignant" now I can handle that news no problem I'll deal with whatever comes along but my babies are another matter, it would break my heart to have to re-home them and that will be the very last resort but I need to get a plan of action in place with regards to their care so can someone please advise me on a) boarding or b) finding someone to come in on a daily basis to care for them while I'm not here.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ozziesmum Posted - 16/05/2013 : 11:17:06
You guys really are wonderful and Isolodael thank you - Sterkte a word I shall never forget.xx
Kellog Posted - 16/05/2013 : 08:47:58
quote:
Originally posted by Isoldael

.......In dutch, we use the word "sterkte" - it's used to wish someone lots of strength in dealing with what is ahead.

Sterkte, Jane.

It's so hard to know what to say in circumstances like these, as I'm sure you know Jane....just as you know that our words don't matter, it's out support that does .

Sterkte....what a brilliant expression Isolodael, it truly says what we all want to say in one word .

Xxx
Mort13 Posted - 15/05/2013 : 21:04:46
Oh no hun, I'm so sorry to hear your news. Fingers and toes are crossed that they have it wrong. Lots of positive thoughts sent your way xx
Razee Posted - 15/05/2013 : 18:45:50
I'm so sorry to hear this, Jane. I wanted to reply earlier, but couldn't think of anything " right " to say - and still can't. Hang on in there. It's nice you have help with your animals, that's a lot of worry gone, and you can concentrate on getting better. Everybody's thinking about you. Xxxx
Isoldael Posted - 15/05/2013 : 15:01:27
Very sorry to hear, Jane. I hope this won't sound hollow as I don't really know you, but you're in my thoughts and I truly hope everything will turn out the best way possible. In dutch, we use the word "sterkte" - it's used to wish someone lots of strength in dealing with what is ahead.

Sterkte, Jane.
ScalySituation Posted - 14/05/2013 : 11:53:13
Sorry to hear this Jane, I too know what it's like to be poorly long term, I've had Chronic fatigue syndrome/ myalgicenciphalopathy (or summin spelt similar) for almost 6 years, I was diagnosed when I was 12 but was ill for a couple of years prior to that. Some days are a real battle, but I have good friends to get me through :)
carmil07 Posted - 14/05/2013 : 10:52:21
Sorry to hear your news Jane,hope everything goes well for you. Glad you've managed to sort animal care out, one less thing for you to worry about xx
ozziesmum Posted - 14/05/2013 : 09:43:33
I think it's all part of being a mum the protect at all costs syndrome takes up residence and after that everything else has to fall in line behind. Oh and don't worry I'll be right there with you while you're family is off on their Kili trip. I can see we're going to be having some rather late night chats :o) x
Kellog Posted - 14/05/2013 : 09:12:09
quote:
Originally posted by ozziesmum

........I do have to admit that I do tend to put on a brave face to the rest of the family as I don't want them worrying........

I am exactly like you Jane, and somehow it helps you cope doing it but it isn't necessarily the best way to cope. I think that sometimes your family and friends need to see what you're REALLY feeling. They are going to be worrying enough as it is and, as they know you, will know exactly what you're doing. Sometimes it helps them cope if they can be that shoulder to cry on, in the right circumstances of course. I do hope I'm making some sort of sense !!!

You know where I am Jane....and, in turn, you can help keep me sane when my OH and the kids are climbing Kili !

Xxx
ozziesmum Posted - 14/05/2013 : 08:26:18
Lindsay (mrsbunt) and smart bunny thank you for your messages they certainly help.

Judith (Kellog) thank you so much and yes I do have to admit that I do tend to put on a brave face to the rest of the family as I don't want them worrying so when you get offers of a shoulder to cry on or somewhere to let off steam it really does mean a lot so once again thank you. xx
Kellog Posted - 13/05/2013 : 20:16:57
I was thinking of you at the end of last week, debating about contacting you to see how you were doing Jane. I'm sorry the news isn't good but I totally understand that you're actually in a better place now than you were before....at least you know what it is and can do something about it, instead of that 'limbo land' you were in. I pray that their 'most likely' diagnosis is wrong, and if it isn't that they're able to get as much as possible and zap the rest, without too much detriment to you.

I'm SO glad you've sorted out the care for your babies, again I totally understand why you're more worried about them than you are yourself....although I'm guessing you, and your family, are struggling more than you're letting on. My offer is the same as Herriotfan's, contact me anytime....to moan, to rant, just to chat, whatever helps.

You're in my thoughts Jane.

Xxx
smart bunny Posted - 13/05/2013 : 17:18:02
Oh no, so sorry to read your post :( At least you no longer have the added worry about your pets. I really hope everything turns out OK for you, got everything crossed xxx
mrsbunt Posted - 12/05/2013 : 23:01:19
sorry to hear your news, fingers crossed all goes well for you, love and hugs xxx
ozziesmum Posted - 12/05/2013 : 19:29:20
You guys really are the very best.

Karen (hissyfit) I shall be fighting all the way I promise.
Fiona (SBB) thank you.
Angela (herriotfan) I'm hoping to keep my PMA close to hand but if I hit a bad day I will take you up on your kind offer.
Kev (kev5) thanks.
Meg (mjpeters) Oh bless you I'm sorry you're going through it too, it's at times like this you realise just how amazing people you've never met can be.

I thank you all from the bottom of my heart xx
mjpeters Posted - 12/05/2013 : 19:00:33
Sorry to hear of your health issues.
I don't know if I can help,but maybe I can give you hope:
I have a condition called Dermatomysitis.This causes all sorts of 'random'cancers to crop up.Muscle, skin ,and conective tissues are also affected.
Some days are good some bad.The tests are endless and ongoing BUT years later and I'm still here
With family,friends (and TCS!)life can be good.
I wish you happy days and good friends.
xxx
kev 5 Posted - 12/05/2013 : 17:59:09
really sorry to hear your news, hope everything works out for you
herriotfan Posted - 12/05/2013 : 17:48:36
So sorry to read your post. I do hope everything goes well for you.
Thank goodness the animals are sorted. That must be a great relief.
You know we're always here for you on the forum and if you ever want to off-load a bit in private you can always pm me.
scottishbluebird Posted - 12/05/2013 : 17:40:20
I really so hope every thing goes well, and it will be such a relief knowing pets are sorted xxx
Hissyfit Posted - 12/05/2013 : 17:06:10
That's shocking news, so sorry to hear what you're going through Now that you have the pets sorted you need to put all your strength into getting yourself well again. Take care, and hope you'll soon be back to full health.
ozziesmum Posted - 12/05/2013 : 16:06:20
Thanks Lee

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000