Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

ozziesmum
Yearling

United Kingdom
736 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2013 :  13:49:57  Show Profile  Send ozziesmum a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi all a few weeks ago you might remember I had a bit of a health scare well I've since had an endoscopy and last week a colonoscopy and CT scan and the results are not good, they have found a large tumor which in the report says is "most likely malignant" now I can handle that news no problem I'll deal with whatever comes along but my babies are another matter, it would break my heart to have to re-home them and that will be the very last resort but I need to get a plan of action in place with regards to their care so can someone please advise me on a) boarding or b) finding someone to come in on a daily basis to care for them while I'm not here.

Jane.

Oscar Black Lab, Saffron, Merlin and Mischief the cats, assorted fish, Rhubarb & Custard the corns, Tuppence the Tortoise, Tripod the Leopard Gecko.

Auld Baldy
Ikea's Pimp

United Kingdom
1619 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2013 :  14:53:03  Show Profile  Visit Auld Baldy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear your news, Jane. I hope they are wrong about the "most likely" part of the diagnosis.

Are there no neighbours, friends or family who could make up a rota to look after the pets? The cat and lab would probably need to be fostered with one carer but the others should be OK with someone just doing the daily rounds.

Best wishes, Alan.

1.0.0: Miami Normal: Taggart
0.0.1: Carolina Normal: Wee Woody
0.0.1: Grey Rat Snake: Mirkey
0.0.1: Amel Corn: Blaze
1.0.0: Carpet Python: Vambo
0.0.1: MBK: Fester
0.0.1: Florida King Snake : Rattler (Rattle & Hum)
0.0.1. California King Snake: El Diablo Diego
0.2.0 Tarantulas : Ermintrude & Euphemia.
Go to Top of Page

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2013 :  15:00:28  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear your bad news, hopefully you will get the treatment you need and recover speedily.

1.1 Corns (Anery Stripe, Amel) 1.0 Rootbeer 0.2 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Zebra Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 50% Diamond Zebra Carpet Python
Go to Top of Page

ozziesmum
Yearling

United Kingdom
736 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2013 :  15:31:44  Show Profile  Send ozziesmum a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Alan and Donnie, panic over, Ozzie and the cats are being taken care of by my friend next door, she is coming round to look after them but she terrified of snakes and creepy crawlies but I've just had a call from my son and between him and a friend of his they will take care of Rhubarb, Custard, Tripod and the colony of silkies so everyone sorted and a big weight off my mind.

Jane.

Oscar Black Lab, Saffron, Merlin and Mischief the cats, assorted fish, Rhubarb & Custard the corns, Tuppence the Tortoise, Tripod the Leopard Gecko.
Go to Top of Page

lupi lou
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3670 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2013 :  15:36:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh no Jane hope you get every thing sorted quickly and that they are wrong about their most likely statement. Am glad to hear that you have managed to get sorted with the animals that must be a load off your mind! Never forget we are all here for you :-)

1.0.1 Corns
0.1.0 Dog: springer
1.0.0 Horse
0.4.0 Gerbils
2.2.0 Leopard gecko
0.2.0 Cave gecko
Go to Top of Page

ozziesmum
Yearling

United Kingdom
736 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2013 :  15:53:41  Show Profile  Send ozziesmum a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
lupi lou thank you that means a lot.

Jane.

Go to Top of Page

Lee
Yearling

United Kingdom
522 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2013 :  16:04:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope all goes well for you. Take care and don't worry about the animals, sounds like they will be fine.

1.2.4 Corn Snakes - Carolina, 2 x Bloodred het Lavender, Amel, Snow, Anery and Carolina.
0.0.1 Cali King - Ziggy - escaped!!
RIP Princess x
Go to Top of Page

ozziesmum
Yearling

United Kingdom
736 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2013 :  16:06:20  Show Profile  Send ozziesmum a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Lee

Jane.

Go to Top of Page

Hissyfit
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2214 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2013 :  17:06:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's shocking news, so sorry to hear what you're going through Now that you have the pets sorted you need to put all your strength into getting yourself well again. Take care, and hope you'll soon be back to full health.

Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2013 :  17:40:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really so hope every thing goes well, and it will be such a relief knowing pets are sorted xxx

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2013 :  17:48:36  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
So sorry to read your post. I do hope everything goes well for you.
Thank goodness the animals are sorted. That must be a great relief.
You know we're always here for you on the forum and if you ever want to off-load a bit in private you can always pm me.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

kev 5
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3065 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2013 :  17:59:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
really sorry to hear your news, hope everything works out for you

Go to Top of Page

mjpeters
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1539 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2013 :  19:00:33  Show Profile  Click to see mjpeters's MSN Messenger address  Send mjpeters a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear of your health issues.
I don't know if I can help,but maybe I can give you hope:
I have a condition called Dermatomysitis.This causes all sorts of 'random'cancers to crop up.Muscle, skin ,and conective tissues are also affected.
Some days are good some bad.The tests are endless and ongoing BUT years later and I'm still here
With family,friends (and TCS!)life can be good.
I wish you happy days and good friends.
xxx
Go to Top of Page

ozziesmum
Yearling

United Kingdom
736 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2013 :  19:29:20  Show Profile  Send ozziesmum a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
You guys really are the very best.

Karen (hissyfit) I shall be fighting all the way I promise.
Fiona (SBB) thank you.
Angela (herriotfan) I'm hoping to keep my PMA close to hand but if I hit a bad day I will take you up on your kind offer.
Kev (kev5) thanks.
Meg (mjpeters) Oh bless you I'm sorry you're going through it too, it's at times like this you realise just how amazing people you've never met can be.

I thank you all from the bottom of my heart xx

Jane.

Go to Top of Page

mrsbunt
Hatchling

United Kingdom
280 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2013 :  23:01:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry to hear your news, fingers crossed all goes well for you, love and hugs xxx

hubby bunt (Graeme),3 daughters Amy, Lisa and Erin.
1 amel corn Sheldon and 1 normal corn Toby Larone.
1 staffy cross Kaiser
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2013 :  17:18:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh no, so sorry to read your post :( At least you no longer have the added worry about your pets. I really hope everything turns out OK for you, got everything crossed xxx

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2013 :  20:16:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was thinking of you at the end of last week, debating about contacting you to see how you were doing Jane. I'm sorry the news isn't good but I totally understand that you're actually in a better place now than you were before....at least you know what it is and can do something about it, instead of that 'limbo land' you were in. I pray that their 'most likely' diagnosis is wrong, and if it isn't that they're able to get as much as possible and zap the rest, without too much detriment to you.

I'm SO glad you've sorted out the care for your babies, again I totally understand why you're more worried about them than you are yourself....although I'm guessing you, and your family, are struggling more than you're letting on. My offer is the same as Herriotfan's, contact me anytime....to moan, to rant, just to chat, whatever helps.

You're in my thoughts Jane.

Xxx

Go to Top of Page

ozziesmum
Yearling

United Kingdom
736 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2013 :  08:26:18  Show Profile  Send ozziesmum a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Lindsay (mrsbunt) and smart bunny thank you for your messages they certainly help.

Judith (Kellog) thank you so much and yes I do have to admit that I do tend to put on a brave face to the rest of the family as I don't want them worrying so when you get offers of a shoulder to cry on or somewhere to let off steam it really does mean a lot so once again thank you. xx

Jane.

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2013 :  09:12:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ozziesmum

........I do have to admit that I do tend to put on a brave face to the rest of the family as I don't want them worrying........

I am exactly like you Jane, and somehow it helps you cope doing it but it isn't necessarily the best way to cope. I think that sometimes your family and friends need to see what you're REALLY feeling. They are going to be worrying enough as it is and, as they know you, will know exactly what you're doing. Sometimes it helps them cope if they can be that shoulder to cry on, in the right circumstances of course. I do hope I'm making some sort of sense !!!

You know where I am Jane....and, in turn, you can help keep me sane when my OH and the kids are climbing Kili !

Xxx

Go to Top of Page

ozziesmum
Yearling

United Kingdom
736 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2013 :  09:43:33  Show Profile  Send ozziesmum a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I think it's all part of being a mum the protect at all costs syndrome takes up residence and after that everything else has to fall in line behind. Oh and don't worry I'll be right there with you while you're family is off on their Kili trip. I can see we're going to be having some rather late night chats :o) x

Jane.

Go to Top of Page

carmil07
Hatchling

United Kingdom
158 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2013 :  10:52:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear your news Jane,hope everything goes well for you. Glad you've managed to sort animal care out, one less thing for you to worry about xx

0.0.1 Carolina corn snake - Ruby
0.2.0 moggie cat's - Stella & Matilda
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000