The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Close thing - feeling stupid-lesson learnt

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dalymad2 Posted - 19/07/2012 : 09:44:23
After reading so many posts about lost snakes i have become paranoid about checking the viv`s are closed and locked.
This brings me to Wednesday, feeding day ,Two snakes in their rub`s with mice one finishes the other just latched on.
Snake that has finished returned to his viv, off to the kitchen i go to get clean water, second snake not even quarter along mouse, rub lid closed.
I return in no time longer than filling water jug to see lid open no snake in rub tail just disapearing behind viv.
I was lucky and managed to retrieve snakey after a short while, didnt realise he had strength to open rub and will be more careful in future.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lozzy Posted - 19/07/2012 : 10:51:14
Hehe blimey that was lucky! Glad you got him back so quickly!
paulie78 Posted - 19/07/2012 : 10:47:12
quote:
Originally posted by Dancross0

I've had a similar one...

During Plisskens' 20 week fast, I took him out in the car for a drive to see if I could get him to eat, and didn't secure the top of the plastic tank he was in properly.

Luckily there was no-one behind me to see my car swerve, straighten up and then pull over as I wrestled a 4.5 foot, bright red snake back into a tank.

PMSL!! reminds me of a trip to go get my friends snakes probed by a breeder friend of mine we had to go via bus when suddenly we realised his big female was escaping we had to wrestle this chunky 4ft corn back into a pillowcase into the carry box and yet nobody batteed an eyelid hahaha
Dancross0 Posted - 19/07/2012 : 10:42:23
I've had a similar one...

During Plisskens' 20 week fast, I took him out in the car for a drive to see if I could get him to eat, and didn't secure the top of the plastic tank he was in properly.

Luckily there was no-one behind me to see my car swerve, straighten up and then pull over as I wrestled a 4.5 foot, bright red snake back into a tank.
Okeetee Mick Posted - 19/07/2012 : 10:27:48
Yep, only takes a second. Pleased you got him back so quickly.
paulie78 Posted - 19/07/2012 : 10:25:55
Thats lucky ive had two close calls recently one the other day when i didnt shut eddies viv properly next day i found him under my throwever in the frontroom lol didnt even know hed escaped and the other night i was feeding Sookie and because i was so preoccupied about sheldon and trying to get him to eat i totally forgot id just left her in an open feeding tub with no lid on the floor bout 90 minutes later i suddenly realised she was just sat in there waiting to go back lmao how lucky am i!!
Jmodjamodj Posted - 19/07/2012 : 10:25:13
Just goes to show how clever they are and quick!!!
mgtrock Posted - 19/07/2012 : 09:59:31
That was lucky! at least you saw where he was disappearing too!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000