The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 arrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...just a rant

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
fionaw79 Posted - 14/07/2012 : 19:48:06
Seriously! Apparently i am a bad mother for having 2 snakes in the house my with 5 year old son! omg! there hardly giant venomous beasts roaming free and trying to eat him!
some people drive me insane with their stupidity and ignorance!!!

rant over
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Rachel Posted - 17/07/2012 : 22:05:40
Course not, there's no electric supply.
Thorne Walker Posted - 17/07/2012 : 21:58:59
... but not with the snakes I hope...
Rachel Posted - 17/07/2012 : 21:50:13
It's ok, I keep my son in the shed!
eeji Posted - 17/07/2012 : 21:30:19
OMG!!!11!!one!!1! you have snakes in the house? you wicked evil person you!
Rachel Posted - 17/07/2012 : 17:16:28
Too right, I don't think my ex knows I have two snakes. He kicked up enough fuss over me getting a dog! That dog and my son are the very best of friends! My work has a pet day tomorrow, my boss has asked me to bring a snake down (which will be Neidr not Nyoka...) ... then an hour or so later there's a horse visiting! (work in a preschool) going to be a fun day! I'm slightly horse phobic so going to face that fear :-)
Jmodjamodj Posted - 17/07/2012 : 12:57:03
Hi, actually my son has Aspergers (on the Autistic Spectrum) and we have Frank (baby carolina corn) because he wanted him and loves him so much. I also had comments from his dad (divorced) but we ignored them!!! Ahmed, my son, is 7 and absolutely loves Frank and cleans and changes his water daily and feeds him with the pinkies and thoroughly enjoys being a snake owner, and takes him out daily. If anything I would say that it has brought him more out of himself as he tells his tales of Frank to anyone who will listen. So ignore the "Bad mother" slur, I am sure you are great and it is just people's ignorance.
Tasha89 Posted - 17/07/2012 : 12:18:48
What is the definition of normal? I personally think there isnt one as everyone is so different to one and other...keeping a cat or dog is more common and more heard about...there must have been a time where keeping a cat or dog was 'abnormal' give it a few years and i think reptiles will be the more heard about pet after all they are more interesting and i think easier to look after.
Thorne Walker Posted - 16/07/2012 : 14:59:56
Try telling him (the father) to man up and stop being such a wussie... after all if your 5 y/o has the bits to handle them...

And well 'normal' is not being afraid of harmless things... maybe suggest that he(the father) try sleeping at night with a light on...
fionaw79 Posted - 15/07/2012 : 18:54:10
certainly seems to be the case. i might just turn into the mad snake lady and annoy him even more
smart bunny Posted - 15/07/2012 : 18:24:36
Lol yep, totally agree with Mick!!
lupi lou Posted - 15/07/2012 : 17:42:05
quote:
Originally posted by scottishbluebird

quote:
Originally posted by Okeetee Mick

Probably nothing to do with the snakes, he just wants to make life difficult

That sounds more like it

think you've hit the nail on the head there!
scottishbluebird Posted - 15/07/2012 : 17:34:32
quote:
Originally posted by Okeetee Mick

That sounds more like it
Okeetee Mick Posted - 15/07/2012 : 06:59:55
Dalymad2 Posted - 15/07/2012 : 04:54:10
I have told my Grandchildren 3 and 2 not to annoy the dogs , cat or parrot as they could get bitten or scratched, maybe sworn at if parrot having an off day.Thats not because my dogs , cat or parrot are vicious or aggresive in any way but its common sense.
The girls on the other hand have been told when handling snakes (supervised) they need to be gentle or THEY could HURT the snakes.
Having a varied arry of pets opens their minds unlike the narrowminded people we often come across.
Good luck with the ex , no sod him, its for your son you have started on this snake adventure and thats all that matters.
lotabob Posted - 15/07/2012 : 00:53:22
It is a well known fact that corn snakes snack on 5 year old boys all the time, they also go flying around biting people with their poison.

Next time anyone says anything just do what I do. Advise them calmly and clearly to mind their own bloody business. lol.
scottishbluebird Posted - 15/07/2012 : 00:08:23
It drives all of us nuts the drivel they come out with, as my phone call from my mate proved, still going about my dangerous pets, my ferret who is the sweetest thing ever is included in that
Just ARRRRRGGHHHHHH want to slap them ALL
(although i am NOT normal)
crazy JJ Posted - 14/07/2012 : 21:47:56
na, never wrong otherwise thats saying alot of human population are weird alot more people like reptiles than some people may think.

thats a understatment and being far to nice :p after all we all know there a completly different species in there own right
fionaw79 Posted - 14/07/2012 : 21:38:16
thats what i thought, but i was clearly wrong, lol

as for men, dont get me started on them, there more dangerous than any animal i have encountered
crazy JJ Posted - 14/07/2012 : 21:28:46
pftt being normal is boring anyway, i tried it after 10mins i was bored ha... but na in all seriousness im no parent but surely it would be a good thing, letting your son have a open mind about exotic animals and teaching him responability and stuffs? men eh? :p
fionaw79 Posted - 14/07/2012 : 20:58:31
tried that, i got told i wasnt normal, after all, what normal person would have a snake

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000