The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 LED lights

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Red123 Posted - 13/07/2012 : 12:37:45
Who uses these http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/00202324/
I want to know what size hole has to be drilled to push the wire through? I'm assuming that each strip is pushed into the connector box if that make sense. My vivs are solid backed so I can't take the back off and make a grove like you could with hardboard backed vivs. Also is the wire length from each strip to the connector 3m? If not what length is it? Also how do you attach them to the viv, are they self adhesive? Is it strong enough to keep them in place?
Hoping to use a couple of sets of these to light all my vivs.
Thanks
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
a2c7 Posted - 14/07/2012 : 20:16:49
I have those exact ones and the wires are flat. They therefore fit easily through the holes that're provided in the back of a vivexotic, and help to fill them up a bit as well. We use all four of the lights in our 4ft VXs.

We like the opportunity to change the colours as well, and the snakes actually seem to prefer coming out under certain coloured lights (my boa is a right girly girl and likes a soft pink)
viraleye Posted - 14/07/2012 : 10:51:32
I use these(but just the white ones) and i found that three was too bright so im now jyst using one of them
Okeetee Mick Posted - 13/07/2012 : 23:00:57
quote:
Originally posted by coxymk2

Fitted a set between 2 vivs yesterday. I used 2 sections together in each viv. They come with metal spring clips that you fasten to inside of viv. Took the lids off for cable but if unable they are about a quarter of an inch at each end. The cables are 3mtrs long . 4 cables ,1 block for cables to go into 1 transformer and an on/off switch mid mains cable. They are a bit fiddly but well worth it

Same here, use in all my 3ft vivs, two sections are just right and as you say well worth it.
Hanxa Posted - 13/07/2012 : 21:52:17
I used these ones: http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9258420/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CHome+and+furniture%7C14417894/c_2/2%7C14417894%7CLighting%7C14418021/Trail/searchtext%3ELED.htm

The drill bit I used to get the wires out was 8mm - was a little tight getting the mini plugs that go into the adaptor out.
Hissyfit Posted - 13/07/2012 : 14:03:07
I have the Ledberg LED strip in the vivs, and trying to fit the clip into the viv was a nightmare as the screws were really tiny. I ended up using superglue, just a tiny bit, and it held them in perfectly
coxymk2 Posted - 13/07/2012 : 13:24:32
Fitted a set between 2 vivs yesterday. I used 2 sections together in each viv. They come with metal spring clips that you fasten to inside of viv. Took the lids off for cable but if unable they are about a quarter of an inch at each end. The cables are 3mtrs long . 4 cables ,1 block for cables to go into 1 transformer and an on/off switch mid mains cable. They are a bit fiddly but well worth it

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000