The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Escapee...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
QueenVic Posted - 06/07/2012 : 18:35:04
So one of my lil hatchies has escaped.
entirely my own fault, his tub wasn't snapped shut properly, but please no comments on my carelessness. Im already paying a pretty heavy price for it.

So I obviously know all the usual advice, bottle traps, heat mat and hides are set up. got water out for him and Im defrosting some pinkys as we speak.

he has eaten, so at least it will know the scent of prey and should be interested.

Ive checked everywhere stupidly thoroughly.
Gonna have a late night hunt for him tonight with a torch...

If anyone has any origional ideas then id appriciate it, done everything I can think of.

7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Donnie Posted - 07/07/2012 : 23:53:31
Hope you find him soon
nickyff Posted - 07/07/2012 : 22:10:54
Both times our littlest went awol, she was found by this technique: after searching all round the room, my OH just sat in there REALLY quietly and listened.... eventually she moved a bit- he heard the scuffly noise and closed in on the right area of the room, and found where she was curled up. this has worked twice for us, maybe give it a try? and I'd bet that yr baby hasn't gone very far at all- ours was barely a metre away from her viv both times, and she was a big brave nine-month old when she went walkabout
good luck- its just a matter of time + patient hunting
lupi lou Posted - 07/07/2012 : 21:45:54
good luck hope to find the little one,
QueenVic Posted - 07/07/2012 : 21:34:05
Thanks for that a2, ill bear it in mind :) still no luck yet though
a2c7 Posted - 07/07/2012 : 15:13:52
So here's something, I don't know if it will help. My hatchling that got out and came back three and a half months later was somewhere we'd checked regularly, but from human height. I don't think one of us laid down on the floor and shone the torch UP into things. Sure, we crouched down on our knees, but we weren't 'at one with the snake'. Ours was in the very corner of a radiator which has two panels and wiggly metal bits between them, where Tek had wedged himself. We don't think he was there from the start, but he could well have been laid up there for ages.

We think our kingsnake, Ginn, maybe scared him out of his hiding place when she escaped. Hell, she scares me out of my hiding places if she's in one of her moods.
scottishbluebird Posted - 06/07/2012 : 23:21:50
sorry, no new ideas, except maybe put really small hides around the room, boxes anything that might be a small place to feel secure for it to hide in?
kev 5 Posted - 06/07/2012 : 20:01:28
the late night hunt is a good idea. 2 of my hatchlings escaped and i found them both the same night. hope you find him/her soon

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000