Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

QueenVic
Yearling

United Kingdom
849 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  18:35:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So one of my lil hatchies has escaped.
entirely my own fault, his tub wasn't snapped shut properly, but please no comments on my carelessness. Im already paying a pretty heavy price for it.

So I obviously know all the usual advice, bottle traps, heat mat and hides are set up. got water out for him and Im defrosting some pinkys as we speak.

he has eaten, so at least it will know the scent of prey and should be interested.

Ive checked everywhere stupidly thoroughly.
Gonna have a late night hunt for him tonight with a torch...

If anyone has any origional ideas then id appriciate it, done everything I can think of.

0.1.0 Normal (Espher)
1.0.0 Snow (Midnight)

2 GALS
1 rat (Jasper)
1 very needy staffy (Coco)

kev 5
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3065 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  20:01:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the late night hunt is a good idea. 2 of my hatchlings escaped and i found them both the same night. hope you find him/her soon

Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  23:21:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry, no new ideas, except maybe put really small hides around the room, boxes anything that might be a small place to feel secure for it to hide in?

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

a2c7
Hatchling

United Kingdom
320 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2012 :  15:13:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So here's something, I don't know if it will help. My hatchling that got out and came back three and a half months later was somewhere we'd checked regularly, but from human height. I don't think one of us laid down on the floor and shone the torch UP into things. Sure, we crouched down on our knees, but we weren't 'at one with the snake'. Ours was in the very corner of a radiator which has two panels and wiggly metal bits between them, where Tek had wedged himself. We don't think he was there from the start, but he could well have been laid up there for ages.

We think our kingsnake, Ginn, maybe scared him out of his hiding place when she escaped. Hell, she scares me out of my hiding places if she's in one of her moods.

Go to Top of Page

QueenVic
Yearling

United Kingdom
849 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2012 :  21:34:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that a2, ill bear it in mind :) still no luck yet though

0.1.0 Normal (Espher)
1.0.0 Snow (Midnight)

2 GALS
1 rat (Jasper)
1 very needy staffy (Coco)

Go to Top of Page

lupi lou
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3670 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2012 :  21:45:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
good luck hope to find the little one,

1.0.1 Corns
0.1.0 Dog: springer
1.0.0 Horse
0.4.0 Gerbils
2.2.0 Leopard gecko
0.2.0 Cave gecko
Go to Top of Page

nickyff
Yearling

507 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2012 :  22:10:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Both times our littlest went awol, she was found by this technique: after searching all round the room, my OH just sat in there REALLY quietly and listened.... eventually she moved a bit- he heard the scuffly noise and closed in on the right area of the room, and found where she was curled up. this has worked twice for us, maybe give it a try? and I'd bet that yr baby hasn't gone very far at all- ours was barely a metre away from her viv both times, and she was a big brave nine-month old when she went walkabout
good luck- its just a matter of time + patient hunting

and you thought there was no such thing as a stupid question....

1.2.0 corns: captain haddock, sharon the tiddler and Darling Debbie. plus 0.2.0 cali kings: spot and Numpty... not forgetting the delightful Miss Lovely-Gonzalez-La-Poop apricot pueblan milk snake, and we all miss the Lodger who thought he was a cobra....
Go to Top of Page

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2012 :  23:53:31  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hope you find him soon

1.1 Corns (Anery Stripe, Amel) 1.0 Rootbeer 0.2 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Zebra Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 50% Diamond Zebra Carpet Python
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000