The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 (censored) make me mad!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
molly360 Posted - 17/06/2012 : 09:16:55
I wasn't to sure were to post this, so chose here!

Before I start, I need to explain we live in a very rural area, and don't drive..... We have a local (censored) store, that suscessfully ran our fab local pet supplies store out of bussness.

Up untill the (local pet store closed) we could purchase our mice from town, onced they had closed, I went to (censored)to ask if they sold froozen mice,...... I was very swifty told that they did not sell them as it was against there policy.... Now Im a reasonable person, they don't sell animals that need them, so 20 miles we now travel to get mice.

This was until yesterday! Family trip to (censored), to kit out our new viv, and what do I come across.... 9 baby corns for sale (I fell I love with the baby lavender ;) ) and yet no food for them on sale!

Hacked off is an understatement. Because I know you have to travel if you want to be able to feed them.

Currently writing angery email to (censored),very much dout I'll get any where tho.

Rant over.

MOD EDIT. name removed sorry.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
scottishbluebird Posted - 18/06/2012 : 15:55:33
Yeah, my mum phoned up saying it was pregnant, had 1 baby, they said they would take it for free, mum laughed then hung up!
Sta~ple Posted - 17/06/2012 : 20:58:41
quote:
Originally posted by scottishbluebird

I feel bad for your old pet shop, my local pet shop is usualy great but their mice look like they have been whacked by a mallet! i have to go 30 min by car to get my mice, i dont go to (censored) for my mice i prefer the rep shop which is bit harder to park near.
But i do admit to shopping at (censored) i get my ferret food there, great price and Peanut loves it

There is so many people who do have issues about them, but i have to say the one in Dundee seems ok, animals are well cared for (despite my mum buying 2 guinea pigs then found 3 a week later!)

If its who.im thinking of, they did the same many years ago with the boyfriends rats, he bought them.preggy.from there and they wouldnt take the male.ones at all.but really wanted the femles for.free!
a33272 Posted - 17/06/2012 : 20:04:59
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by a33272

quote:

I feel bad for your old pet shop, my local pet shop is usualy great but their mice look like they have been whacked by a mallet! i have to go 30 min by car to get my mice, i dont go to (censored) for my mice i prefer the rep shop which is bit harder to park near.
But i do admit to shopping at (censored) i get my ferret food there, great price and Peanut loves it

There is so many people who do have issues about them, but i have to say the one in Dundee seems ok, animals are well cared for (despite my mum buying 2 guinea pigs then found 3 a week later!)

So she went a brought a 3 rd you saying,,,, crafty of her :-P lol

lol would have been safer, my dad nearly killed the baby thinking it was a rat! then my mum wouldnt believe him!

Hahaha oh dear
Donnie Posted - 17/06/2012 : 19:30:19
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

i don't know if my nearest (censored) sells mice or not, I'd rather do the 40 mile round trip to my mega cheap supplier :D

Is this a sorce you want to share with the rest of us who live in Manchester?
scottishbluebird Posted - 17/06/2012 : 19:14:19
quote:
Originally posted by a33272

quote:

lol would have been safer, my dad nearly killed the baby thinking it was a rat! then my mum wouldnt believe him!
a33272 Posted - 17/06/2012 : 19:10:49
quote:
Originally posted by viraleye

quote:

i don't know if my nearest (censored) sells mice or not, I'd rather do the 40 mile round trip to my mega cheap supplier :D

As far as i know they do not sell mice, just crickets etc

Some do but don't keep them out in main shop as far as I'm aware
viraleye Posted - 17/06/2012 : 19:04:01
quote:

As far as i know they do not sell mice, just crickets etc
eeji Posted - 17/06/2012 : 18:59:52
a33272 Posted - 17/06/2012 : 17:02:28
quote:

scottishbluebird Posted - 17/06/2012 : 16:23:42

Spreebok Posted - 17/06/2012 : 16:21:50
I hope they do start selling them for you soon, I'm 100% certain I know who you're on about, and they do have some good deals on frozen, like 4 smalls for £2.
Sta~ple Posted - 17/06/2012 : 15:37:46
Seems odd they would sell snakes but not the food,pecially when they have no idea how long they would have the snakes, I can see why you are miffed!
a33272 Posted - 17/06/2012 : 13:05:35
Although they obviously now sell snakes, they must of decided the demand for frozen food was to low at that particular store to justify selling them. End of day would you want to buy frozen rodents that could possibly be month or more old if they have a very low turn over of stock. Compair it to petrol station an lpg u only see pumps in the busyier ones for the same reason why carry something that's not going to sell that fast.
Okeetee Mick Posted - 17/06/2012 : 11:35:18
Spend your money elsewhere, plenty of online suppliers
voodoo Posted - 17/06/2012 : 11:24:25
not all of them stock frozen mice yet, if you go online to their website it gives a list of those that do. mine does, not bought any from them though. I find the stock they sell for snakes is a bit iffy though, it rarely seems to be in stock for more than a day!
Katie.Dublin Posted - 17/06/2012 : 11:08:27
Oh that's really not on is it? It just doesn't make any sense
serena_08 Posted - 17/06/2012 : 10:39:47
Ours does too, pinkies are tiny but the rest are okay.
ScalySituation Posted - 17/06/2012 : 10:26:00
so does mine, they're awfully small though, i still go with my local pet shop even though they're more expensive
marc_sg Posted - 17/06/2012 : 10:24:31
My (censored) sells mice so thats strange

MOD EDIT. Name removed, although I know this wasn't a message with bad intentions would of made it obvious what thread was about.
molly360 Posted - 17/06/2012 : 10:23:00
So so so sorry....
You can delete my post..... I can seem to figur out how to edit it.....
Sorry.xx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000