Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

molly360
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  09:16:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wasn't to sure were to post this, so chose here!

Before I start, I need to explain we live in a very rural area, and don't drive..... We have a local (censored) store, that suscessfully ran our fab local pet supplies store out of bussness.

Up untill the (local pet store closed) we could purchase our mice from town, onced they had closed, I went to (censored)to ask if they sold froozen mice,...... I was very swifty told that they did not sell them as it was against there policy.... Now Im a reasonable person, they don't sell animals that need them, so 20 miles we now travel to get mice.

This was until yesterday! Family trip to (censored), to kit out our new viv, and what do I come across.... 9 baby corns for sale (I fell I love with the baby lavender ;) ) and yet no food for them on sale!

Hacked off is an understatement. Because I know you have to travel if you want to be able to feed them.

Currently writing angery email to (censored),very much dout I'll get any where tho.

Rant over.

MOD EDIT. name removed sorry.

Edited by - a33272 on 17/06/2012 12:55:25

viraleye
Yearling

United Kingdom
695 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  09:41:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know your angry, but please read this link;

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=24237

1.0.0 Cyrus - Amel het Anery ph Hypo - CURRENTLY AWOL
0.1.0 Diamond - Avalanche ph Charcoal, Hypo
1.0.0 Garland - Bloodred het Hypo
1.0.0 Pinball - Carolina
0.1.0 Casey - Hypo Lavender Stripe het Amel
0.0.1 - No Name Yet - Crested Gecko
Go to Top of Page

molly360
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  10:23:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So so so sorry....
You can delete my post..... I can seem to figur out how to edit it.....
Sorry.xx
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  10:24:31  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My (censored) sells mice so thats strange

MOD EDIT. Name removed, although I know this wasn't a message with bad intentions would of made it obvious what thread was about.

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle
soon to have female pin royal

R.I.P SHELLY

Edited by - a33272 on 17/06/2012 12:57:19
Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  10:26:00  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
so does mine, they're awfully small though, i still go with my local pet shop even though they're more expensive

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page

serena_08
Yearling

United Kingdom
784 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  10:39:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ours does too, pinkies are tiny but the rest are okay.

1.0.0 Corn: D-Bo (Amel)
1.0.0 Western Hognose: C*ntyB*ll*cks
0.1.0 MBK: Rosa
0.0.1 Leopard Gecko: Zuko
0.0.1 Bearded Dragon: Kobe
0.0.1 Fire Bellied Toad: Snoop
1.1.0 Cats: Penny and Sheldon
1.0.0 Staffy: MooMoo

I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Go to Top of Page

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  11:08:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh that's really not on is it? It just doesn't make any sense

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page

voodoo
Hatchling

162 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  11:24:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
not all of them stock frozen mice yet, if you go online to their website it gives a list of those that do. mine does, not bought any from them though. I find the stock they sell for snakes is a bit iffy though, it rarely seems to be in stock for more than a day!

Go to Top of Page

Okeetee Mick
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2308 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  11:35:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spend your money elsewhere, plenty of online suppliers

0.1.0 Okeetee (Sookie) 0.1.0 Powder (Luna) 0.1.0 Bloodred (Arlene) 0.1.0 Caramel Stripe (Tara)
0.1.0 Ghost (Crystal) 0.1.0 Caramel (Jessica) 0.1.0 Lavender Stripe (Portia) 1.0.0 Platinum (Godric)
0.1.0 Thayers King (Lettie Mae) 0.1.0 Albino Blairs King (Lorena) 0.1.0 Russian Ratsnakes (Pam)
0.1.0 Korean Ratsnake (Katerina) 1.0.0 Russian Ratsnake (Lafayette)
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  13:05:35  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Although they obviously now sell snakes, they must of decided the demand for frozen food was to low at that particular store to justify selling them. End of day would you want to buy frozen rodents that could possibly be month or more old if they have a very low turn over of stock. Compair it to petrol station an lpg u only see pumps in the busyier ones for the same reason why carry something that's not going to sell that fast.

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  15:37:46  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Seems odd they would sell snakes but not the food,pecially when they have no idea how long they would have the snakes, I can see why you are miffed!

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  16:21:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope they do start selling them for you soon, I'm 100% certain I know who you're on about, and they do have some good deals on frozen, like 4 smalls for £2.
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  16:23:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feel bad for your old pet shop, my local pet shop is usualy great but their mice look like they have been whacked by a mallet! i have to go 30 min by car to get my mice, i dont go to (censored) for my mice i prefer the rep shop which is bit harder to park near.
But i do admit to shopping at (censored) i get my ferret food there, great price and Peanut loves it

There is so many people who do have issues about them, but i have to say the one in Dundee seems ok, animals are well cared for (despite my mum buying 2 guinea pigs then found 3 a week later!)

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes

Edited by - scottishbluebird on 17/06/2012 16:26:17
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  17:02:28  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scottishbluebird

I feel bad for your old pet shop, my local pet shop is usualy great but their mice look like they have been whacked by a mallet! i have to go 30 min by car to get my mice, i dont go to (censored) for my mice i prefer the rep shop which is bit harder to park near.
But i do admit to shopping at (censored) i get my ferret food there, great price and Peanut loves it

There is so many people who do have issues about them, but i have to say the one in Dundee seems ok, animals are well cared for (despite my mum buying 2 guinea pigs then found 3 a week later!)

So she went a brought a 3 rd you saying,,,, crafty of her :-P lol

1.0.0 corn Casper

Edited by - a33272 on 17/06/2012 17:04:53
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  18:59:52  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i don't know if my nearest (censored) sells mice or not, I'd rather do the 40 mile round trip to my mega cheap supplier :D

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

viraleye
Yearling

United Kingdom
695 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  19:04:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

i don't know if my nearest (censored) sells mice or not, I'd rather do the 40 mile round trip to my mega cheap supplier :D

As far as i know they do not sell mice, just crickets etc

1.0.0 Cyrus - Amel het Anery ph Hypo - CURRENTLY AWOL
0.1.0 Diamond - Avalanche ph Charcoal, Hypo
1.0.0 Garland - Bloodred het Hypo
1.0.0 Pinball - Carolina
0.1.0 Casey - Hypo Lavender Stripe het Amel
0.0.1 - No Name Yet - Crested Gecko
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  19:10:49  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by viraleye

quote:

As far as i know they do not sell mice, just crickets etc

Some do but don't keep them out in main shop as far as I'm aware

1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  19:14:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by a33272

quote:

lol would have been safer, my dad nearly killed the baby thinking it was a rat! then my mum wouldnt believe him!

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  19:30:19  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

Is this a sorce you want to share with the rest of us who live in Manchester?

1.1 Corns (Anery Stripe, Amel) 1.0 Rootbeer 0.2 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Zebra Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 50% Diamond Zebra Carpet Python
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  20:04:59  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by a33272

quote:

lol would have been safer, my dad nearly killed the baby thinking it was a rat! then my mum wouldnt believe him!

Hahaha oh dear

1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  20:58:41  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

If its who.im thinking of, they did the same many years ago with the boyfriends rats, he bought them.preggy.from there and they wouldnt take the male.ones at all.but really wanted the femles for.free!

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000