The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Odd comments

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Primrose22 Posted - 21/05/2012 : 22:14:24
Its been a week of odd comments.

First was friday. A work colleague found out i now had a snake and literally went off on one at me. Accused me all sorts of things but mosly being an irresponsible parent . Totally shocked, i asked this normally calm and reasonable person what the matter was. She said, and i quote....." you've brought a killer under your roof, arent you scared it will break out of its cage, go upstairs and eat your children?!".

I have to admit i was somewhat stunned by this comment bearing in mind poor
Linguini is literally like a piece of spaghetti ( i've found bigger earthworms) but then my cartoon filter switched on at the thought of Linguini, who's terrified of my kids, doing somekind of ninja escape from his viv and getting up stairs and trying to eat them. It was like a Far Side sketch. So of course, now i am giggling, the woman is outraged that i think its funny that my children are at risk..... And threatens to inform child protection! At this point i'm like WTF.... And point out that i also have a 10 stone Newfoundland who measures more than 6 ft on his hind legs and that i have never lost so much as a millisecond's worth of sleep over the security of my or anyone else's children in my house. She was having nothing of it and went off tut tutting me.

Then, today, a friend told me a "true" story : her friend's cousin had a python which was often allowed out and about the house and this python liked sleeping alongside said friend's cousin. She loved him alongside her but the vet said she must get rid of it as Snakey was size-ing her up in order to estimate whether it could eat her or not.
Now i immediately dismissed this as some crank urban legend, but friend got annoyed and inisisted it was true.

They are both crazy right ????
Someone reassure me please that i am not a deranged irresponsible parent for having a 30 cm cornsnake in my house ?

Yours, hopefully not the crazy snake lady,
Xx
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
scottishbluebird Posted - 24/05/2012 : 19:33:27
Blame Stapey! she suggested a 'kill Chris t shirt'
and it is in Bumble colours!
a33272 Posted - 24/05/2012 : 18:17:54
quote:
Originally posted by scottishbluebird

omg .... were no longer friends

dam Posted - 24/05/2012 : 09:50:31
i guess thats a good way to get gets to behave " stop that or ill feed you to the corn snake!" and unless your children are 1.5 times the width of your snake i wouldnt attempt a feed lol.
Yeah i have heard these stories and the "wont it eat your children", i laugh and explain to them to look up a picture of a corn snake fully grown (no way they could eat my kids, shame really (Joking ))

some people find it hard to except what you keep as pets no matter if there snakes, birds or hamsters i guess people think a pet is just a cat or a dog which is a shame
adamasrc Posted - 24/05/2012 : 08:59:28
hahaahaha!!
smart bunny Posted - 24/05/2012 : 07:16:07
rofl SBB!!!!!
scottishbluebird Posted - 24/05/2012 : 02:07:48
a33272 Posted - 23/05/2012 : 22:43:27
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

quote:
Originally posted by a33272

quote:
Originally posted by Tasha89

quote:
Originally posted by gmac

all true im afraid and those pythons also talk see below

your friends are talking nonsense, those stories have been around since cavemen learned how to draw :D

Totally just brount a vest top with this on!!

Can you get these with differant names on haha

No, although I do see "Did you try and kill Chris?" t-shirts soon....

an in bumble colours

Primrose22 Posted - 23/05/2012 : 22:34:48
Lmao, so funny all of you, good to hear its not only me that has these odd encounters !
Sta~ple Posted - 23/05/2012 : 21:22:34
quote:

quote:

quote:

your friends are talking nonsense, those stories have been around since cavemen learned how to draw :D

No, although I do see "Did you try and kill Chris?" t-shirts soon....
Katie.Dublin Posted - 23/05/2012 : 19:59:20
Oh my GOD I have heard the sizing up story THREE TIMES this week!! 3! People actually get offended when you tell them it isn't true! Even when I butt in and tell THEM the story they still don't see that its bullsh.....poo
serena_08 Posted - 23/05/2012 : 18:43:27
I took Rubi to the shop to show a phobic/interested friend, and his boss was there, I have NEVER seen so much chaos in my life! Zacharia (phobic) had an initial panic, but ended up having photos with her :) was asking lots of questions and listening to what I was saying. All the while Salam, (the boss) was shouting at Zacharia for being so stupid touching a poisonous snake, and to watch the fangs! No matter what I told him he wouldn't listen, so now Rubi is barred from the shop while he's there. I never realised that these 'ideal first snake' were so life threatening, I mean with her poison and her gigantic fangs

On the upside Zacharia listened to me and is slowly falling in love with Rubi
Auld Baldy Posted - 23/05/2012 : 18:00:10
It's another well known fact that only people named Dave get eaten. So if you see a t-shirt with another name then they are telling porkies and spreading malicious dis-information.
kev 5 Posted - 23/05/2012 : 17:45:51
love the t-shirt
a33272 Posted - 23/05/2012 : 17:37:26
quote:

quote:

Mamma Posted - 23/05/2012 : 17:36:52
my mother in law gave me the same story about the python sizing someone up in bed on sunday. She said an expert told the woman it was sizing her up. And also that it was on the news lately. I just rolled my eyes haha
Tasha89 Posted - 23/05/2012 : 17:21:46
quote:

Sharks35 Posted - 23/05/2012 : 17:04:45
quote:
Originally posted by chrisc

my friends, sisters boyfriend was acctually eaten by a big python but we covered it up so the anti's wouldnt find out what happened an stop us keeping large snakes. true story

darrkang3l Posted - 23/05/2012 : 01:55:40
uneducated imbeciles lol. i hate anybody who is anti-reptile! i mean we are all allowed opinions right? but... ahhh **** it lol. i just hate em! xD
QueenVic Posted - 23/05/2012 : 00:59:49
quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by adamasrc

quote:

I would throw a spanner in the works about pythons an what they do, but il keep it go me self wouldn't want to scare you all

im interested now

Me too!

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23129

aw, just read through the thread. Hope you're okay now!

and as for the sizing up story, i think everyone has heard it lol.
It's just one of those things, people are prejudice towards snakes, because to people who have never handled/owned one, they are killers. its a shame really because most, if not all, snakes are more scared of us than we are them! and we could hurt them more easily than they us.

Most connotations of snakes are negative though, so I can sort of understand the prejudice.
My auntie came round today to see if i was okay after my break up, and it was the first time she had held a snake. She was worried at first and now she is practically in love with Espher!

And a33, as for throwing a spanner in the WORKS, id throw a spanner in the FACE of the person who said to the OP 'you've brought a killer under your roof!'
haha :D

Oh, and primrose, I think we are all crazy snake ladies (and men) on here, so dont worry about that
Sta~ple Posted - 22/05/2012 : 22:18:29
LOL that was funny XD some strange people about.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000