The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Gettin my first doggy!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Laws Posted - 04/04/2012 : 18:16:42

I kno this isnt rep related , but im fit to burst . We have been waiting to hear fm our landlord if we were allowed a dog as i couldnt get one and find we could no longer keep it should he find out . in the mean time i had a look round to find adult staffys in need of rescuing or rehoming and came across this little one . Hes two and an ex crufts dog , they sent a few pics of him there . I have been out today to get all the supplies for him as we are allowed to have him on a trial to see how he likes us and vice versa . Im now just waiting to see when they can bring him over to see us and begin the trial . I have always grown up with a dog , but never had a furry friend of my own so im bouncing off the walls now that we have all his things :)

Meet Ziggy

thanks for looking :)
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
smart bunny Posted - 05/04/2012 : 11:16:45
Awww Claire, they are adorable!!
claire_daz Posted - 05/04/2012 : 09:52:48

my two nutters in bed i jumped out and they dived in lol
Hissyfit Posted - 05/04/2012 : 09:09:17
Aww, he's gorgeous! Hope it goes well and he becomes a permanent member of the family Good luck breaking the 'jumping up' habit, my girl will be 7 yrs old next week and despite being trained to KCGC silver standard she still becomes a nutter when someone talks to her, jumps up and there's no stopping her
Laws Posted - 04/04/2012 : 23:19:49
Thanks for all the comments picked him up tonite . The choke collar wasnt ours , they were the pics they sent us . Got rid and got a nice collar and gonna get a harness for him . He is a power house but so so loving ! I need to get him out of the habbit of jumping up for fuss as hes got some power behind him . He is currently sitting on the.sofa and cant decide who to hug up to lol !

Owner has four staffs and kids and his work had slacked off and he knew ziggy wud be the most adaptable . You can tell he isnt settled when we are moving around but now we are on the sofa he is finally calming and shutting his eyes bless .

We wanted to rescue an adult as there are so many just dyimg for a home . And hes come from a loving family home with kids . Hope the trial goes smoothly too :)

For some reason i have trouble findin people on fb , have a look for laura moore . Im in a white tank top n look like a boxer haha !
Katie.Dublin Posted - 04/04/2012 : 22:10:39
Absolute power house! He's gorge! Why are they getting rid?
smart bunny Posted - 04/04/2012 : 21:51:26
Awww good luck, I hope the trial period never ends!
Emmy1 Posted - 04/04/2012 : 21:13:31
Ziggy is really handsome! So excited for you!
lotabob Posted - 04/04/2012 : 21:09:28
Aww thats lovely and great you are getting a rescue rather than a pup and what a smart little lad he is too though he needs his white socks pulling up.

quote:
Originally posted by serena_08

Staffies cry a lot too, which can get annoying (as cute as it might seem lol) as it gets louder if you ignore it!

My dog does this, starts with a almost inaudible whistle and gets louder and louder. I wanted to buy some little nostril corks to silence his little whistle but now I'm so used to it that I'd be worried if he was quiet.
serena_08 Posted - 04/04/2012 : 20:54:38
quote:
Originally posted by Red123

They would always talk to me though. Some of you are now thinking I'm really weird saying that but any staffy owner will know exactly what I mean Hope it works out for you

yep. I have 3. One back chats lol, tell him off and he'll give you a what for!

Staffies cry a lot too, which can get annoying (as cute as it might seem lol) as it gets louder if you ignore it!
lupi lou Posted - 04/04/2012 : 20:34:25
good for you for not only taking on an older dog but going for a staff they are a great dog, hope it all goes well. i don't have a staff but i know what you mean red about them talking lol, i used to walk a staff called blue and you couldn't shut him up!!
Red123 Posted - 04/04/2012 : 19:56:37
Oh he looks gorgeous. I use to work at a rescue centre and alot of staffs came in. They would always talk to me though. Some of you are now thinking I'm really weird saying that but any staffy owner will know exactly what I mean Hope it works out for you
claire_daz Posted - 04/04/2012 : 19:45:29
he is beautful dog .... i have had staff all my life great pet's best bed warmers but they need to know that you are the boss .....im claire pritchett on fb if you got it add me
get rid of the choker chain buy a harness from pets at home webbing not leather he will be your forever mate just make sure (like corns) that you garden is excape proof
Donnie Posted - 04/04/2012 : 18:49:42
He looks great, hope you both enjoy the trial period and it becomes permanent.
ozziesmum Posted - 04/04/2012 : 18:32:15
beautiful boy congratulations.
kev 5 Posted - 04/04/2012 : 18:25:27
he's a good looking staff
ScalySituation Posted - 04/04/2012 : 18:23:45
hes very pretty :)
Kez Posted - 04/04/2012 : 18:20:30
Awww, I can understand your excitement. We're considering getting one ourselves at the moment. He looks like a very proud young man and is a real stunner

Have fun with your new best friend

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000