The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 baileys worst walk

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
marc_sg Posted - 01/04/2012 : 23:54:16
i have had the worse day ever. everthing was going fine untill i went to my local park. i went there to walk the dog. when all over a sudden a staff crossed bull mastiff came flying over and grabbed my dog by the face. i grabbed my one and the other one in a head lock and thank god i did. i then stuck my own hand inside the other dogs mouth as a replacement of my dog but didnt work we tried everytging till the police turned up with a fire extinguisher. they had to spray my and the dogs for a good minute till the other one let go. they let the owner walk home saying his dog wasnt dangerous coz it was dog on dog. not an attack on a human. i said its too late once its ripped a child apart. but me rowing with them nearly got me nicked. now i no some people will blame the breed of dog but the owner was a crack head and beats the dog up so i was told.so its how its been brung up. well the vet said that if it werent for me locking them together the other dog could have ripped the side of baileys off. well heres some pics of baileys lucky escape.

tooth hole one

tooth hole 2

these are the total result of the head locks that saved baileys face.

and heres mine for risking my hand to protect him.

i would lose my hand to protect him and ill do it again. lose of two finger nails and very painful hand.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Katie.Dublin Posted - 07/04/2012 : 09:19:35
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

quote:
Originally posted by marc_sg

i have just knocked the first nail off my finger oooooouuuuuuccccchhhhhhh it really hurts. least theres only one more to be knocked

That makes me feel really ill...

Likewise..........*shiver*
ScalySituation Posted - 07/04/2012 : 05:46:55
owchies!!

hope you both heal up and stay that way :)
marc_sg Posted - 06/04/2012 : 22:18:27
quote:

quote:

i have just knocked the first nail off my finger oooooouuuuuuccccchhhhhhh it really hurts. least theres only one more to be knocked

sorry lol
Sta~ple Posted - 06/04/2012 : 19:48:40
quote:

marc_sg Posted - 05/04/2012 : 20:48:46
quote:
Originally posted by lupi lou

ouch!! at least you've still got your fingers!!!

lol yeah good point lol
lupi lou Posted - 05/04/2012 : 20:42:55
ouch!! at least you've still got your fingers!!!
marc_sg Posted - 05/04/2012 : 19:08:28
scottishbluebird Posted - 04/04/2012 : 17:02:56
so pleased for him,your nails will take AGES to heal though! but like me and others, you would do it again in a heartbeat
marc_sg Posted - 04/04/2012 : 08:11:22
lol im the one who fills sorry. i fill sorry for him all he wants to do is make friends and play. but other people have other ideas for their dogs
smart bunny Posted - 04/04/2012 : 07:36:12
Awww I'm so glad to hear Bailey doesn't seem to have been affected by it, so sweet she knows you got hurt too, better heal up quick so she can stop feeling sorry for you! xxx
marc_sg Posted - 03/04/2012 : 23:32:04
quote:

I'm sorry for what happened but I think you need to talk to someone else as that clearly is a dangerous dog if it's owner can't control it maybe council, an animal charity? Just someone who may be able to point you into the right direction. Other people have had warnings for dogs attacking other dogs, I fail to see how this is any different :( I'd have got the owner to pay for the vet bill as well!

It's not the dog breed, it's the owner. I've had to kick little yappy dogs as they wouldn't leave me alone before.

i agree its not the breed. its how the t...w...a...t... has brung her up. hes had warnings apparently but coz its dog on dog its not classed as serious. also i didnt have a vet bill luckly. a lady over the park that witnessed it can with us when we took him to the pdsa. and said it was her dog. so it was free. so i bought her a boquet of flowers yesterday as a thank you. and the owner owner goes begging in the town center and is a well known junkie. so i wud have been waiting a long time for the money. ive got a meeting tomorrow with the park police so i will see how that goes.

just to let everyone no bailey is recovering really well. took him out today and yesterday and is still as playfull with every other dog hes seen as he was before. including staffys. so i am glad to say hes still bailey lol. i think he knows i did everything in my power to help him because the cuddles i am getting are bigger then before. and he keeps sniffing my fingers and licking them then looking at me all sadly.

and id like to say thank you to everyone for showing their care just shows where the responsible pet owners really are. thank you everyone
Sta~ple Posted - 03/04/2012 : 19:09:00
I'm sorry for what happened but I think you need to talk to someone else as that clearly is a dangerous dog if it's owner can't control it maybe council, an animal charity? Just someone who may be able to point you into the right direction. Other people have had warnings for dogs attacking other dogs, I fail to see how this is any different :( I'd have got the owner to pay for the vet bill as well!

It's not the dog breed, it's the owner. I've had to kick little yappy dogs as they wouldn't leave me alone before.
Laws Posted - 03/04/2012 : 13:18:05
this is what frustrates me when going to parks . At my moms we have a 16year old ****er spaniel and shes never really liked other dogs , so we have her on her lead and keep her close . Shes not aggressive in the least but is frightened of other dogs . Once we walked across the big country park and a big boucny boxer just bombed it over to us full pelt my ****er couldnt get away she was so scared . Now the dog didnt hurt her , but i didnt want my dog to retaliate in fear . i think extenda leads are the way forward least u ahve control!
lupi lou Posted - 03/04/2012 : 12:43:52
the bigest problem is that the dangerous dogs act just dosesn't work it was just rushed through and is compleatly in effective, and you get some idiots who think that the soloution is to add staffy types to the restricted breeds list! a lot of animal charitys are campaining for the act to be compleatly re written. http://www.bva.co.uk/public/documents/Dog_Control_Bill_2010_PR_-_Second_Reading.pdf heres what they have achived so far.
marc_sg Posted - 02/04/2012 : 20:47:28
quote:
Originally posted by Casta

its a bloody sin that these things happen... always giving certain breeds more bad publicity. my staffy x lurcher is a soppy as anything but people still cross the road when the see her and shes a big baby. i'll never blame a dog but people **** me off. shame the dog had to pay the ultimate price but you never know when it would have happened again... please tell me something happened to the guy about owning animals or at least???

the police cudnt do anything coz it was dog on dog. but he will get his medicine him self. if he wants to slap a dog around then i'll bide my time and slap him about.

and to sue 2012. i wud have lost my hand if it ment saving my dogs face. i love him more than anything and i'll hurt my self to protect him and he knew that coz as soon as it was all over he didnt want my gf or her brother only his daddy lol
smart bunny Posted - 02/04/2012 : 18:58:06
What an awful experience for you both - I'm so glad to hear Bailey doesn't seem to have been affected too badly, and I hope both your wounds heal quickly.

As you say it's not the police's fault, they can't do anything about a dog/dog incident - we found that out when our puppy was attacked - she was lying on her back, submitting to the dog (a lab/golden retriever cross) and the dog bit into her stomach so badly she had to have surgery The joke of it is they were both on leads, but the other woman didn't have the strength to pull her dog off!! When we mentioned it to others we discovered the dog was well known for attacking smaller dogs around the village Being just a pup at the time she never really got over it, and has always been wary of other dogs since
lotabob Posted - 02/04/2012 : 18:52:52
Aww thats awful I wish your poor pooch a swift recovery. You should try bill the idiot owner as its his dog at fault.
I was walking my little terrier and a similar situation a German Shepherd just flew from nowhere and threw my poor dog up into the air twice before I could get close enough to restrain the dog, I had to kick it 3 times as it kept coming back at my poor dog who for all his size seemed to be protecting me when I was protecting him, luckily for me as well the Police drove past when it was all going on and finally I put the boot in to the dogs head and near knocked his head off and it turned and ran off the Police followed the dog and it went back home, I put my dog back to the house and went after it too and found the police at a house and they recognised me and took my details etc and the owner was done for letting the dog stray (strict in Northern Ireland, all dogs must be licensed and on a lead) and luckily for the owner my dog was not injured so he didn't have any vets bills to pay. My dog hasn't been the same since though, he is very intolerant of others dogs though he is getting a bit better now.
Donnie Posted - 02/04/2012 : 18:27:57
Sorry to hear of your awful day. Animal owners like him should be put down not the poor animals who have been mistreated all their lives. Hope you both heal quickly.
marc_sg Posted - 02/04/2012 : 17:24:00
quote:
Originally posted by Casta

its a bloody sin that these things happen... always giving certain breeds more bad publicity. my staffy x lurcher is a soppy as anything but people still cross the road when the see her and shes a big baby. i'll never blame a dog but people **** me off. shame the dog had to pay the ultimate price but you never know when it would have happened again... please tell me something happened to the guy about owning animals or at least???

the police cudnt do anything coz it was dog on dog. but he will get his medicine him self. if he wants to slap a dog around then i'll bide my time and slap him about.

and to sue 2012. i wud have lost my hand if it ment saving my dogs face. i love him more than anything and i'll hurt my self to protect him and he knew that coz as soon as it was all over he didnt want my gf or her brother only his daddy lol
scottishbluebird Posted - 02/04/2012 : 17:17:20
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by scottishbluebird

So so sorry that happened, hope he will not turn into a nervous dog. Like you i have got scars from when a dog got a hold of my cat.
like you dont hesitate about my own safety, in tears right now remembering what happened, and would do it again

my gf was in tears but i didnt have time i had to keep calm for bailey so sorry to hear about puss puss hope he /she is ok. she to bring bk ur memories.i think hes alright he wanted to play with another dog straight after

No he had to be put down, but the dog was destroyed the same day as he had other chances, so at least he wouldnt have gone after anything else. So happy he wanted to play with another dog

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000