Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2012 :  23:54:16  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i have had the worse day ever. everthing was going fine untill i went to my local park. i went there to walk the dog. when all over a sudden a staff crossed bull mastiff came flying over and grabbed my dog by the face. i grabbed my one and the other one in a head lock and thank god i did. i then stuck my own hand inside the other dogs mouth as a replacement of my dog but didnt work we tried everytging till the police turned up with a fire extinguisher. they had to spray my and the dogs for a good minute till the other one let go. they let the owner walk home saying his dog wasnt dangerous coz it was dog on dog. not an attack on a human. i said its too late once its ripped a child apart. but me rowing with them nearly got me nicked. now i no some people will blame the breed of dog but the owner was a crack head and beats the dog up so i was told.so its how its been brung up. well the vet said that if it werent for me locking them together the other dog could have ripped the side of baileys off. well heres some pics of baileys lucky escape.

tooth hole one

tooth hole 2

these are the total result of the head locks that saved baileys face.

and heres mine for risking my hand to protect him.

i would lose my hand to protect him and ill do it again. lose of two finger nails and very painful hand.

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle
soon to have female pin royal

R.I.P SHELLY

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2012 :  23:58:27  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
heres my baby boy look why wud any dog think hes gonba attck. he really is as soppy as he looks

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY

Edited by - marc_sg on 01/04/2012 23:59:08
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  00:41:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So so sorry that happened, hope he will not turn into a nervous dog. Like you i have got scars from when a dog got a hold of my cat.
like you dont hesitate about my own safety, in tears right now remembering what happened, and would do it again

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  00:58:31  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scottishbluebird

So so sorry that happened, hope he will not turn into a nervous dog. Like you i have got scars from when a dog got a hold of my cat.
like you dont hesitate about my own safety, in tears right now remembering what happened, and would do it again

my gf was in tears but i didnt have time i had to keep calm for bailey so sorry to hear about puss puss hope he /she is ok. she to bring bk ur memories.i think hes alright he wanted to play with another dog straight after

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY

Edited by - marc_sg on 02/04/2012 01:00:10
Go to Top of Page

MsThomson
Hatchling

United Kingdom
134 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  07:17:28  Show Profile  Visit MsThomson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
what a horrible experience for you all.. hope that karma bites that idiot in the bum, people like that are the reasons some breeds of dog hae a bad reputation :(

Go to Top of Page

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  08:16:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awh poor fella!! Hope that other....guy gets his bad karma now. Like you said it was most likely his fault rather than the dog. How long did it take before the police came?

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  08:17:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awh poor fella!! Hope that other....guy gets his bad karma now. Like you said it was most likely his fault rather than the dog. How long did it take before the police came?

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  08:18:40  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oh poor poor bailey. What a horrific experience. Some people just don't deserve to keep dogs. I can't believe that the police don't do something about incidents like this. At the least the owners should be forced to keep the dog on a lead and muzzled. At some point it could very well be a child that gets in the way and it will be too late then. This is one of the reasons I don't allow my kids to walk my dog unless I am with them. It doesn't matter how well behaved your on dog is, others are not always so well controlled. I have seen some 11, 12 yr old children (sometimes younger) out with their dog and it scares me to think what would happen if something like this happened to them.

On another point, one of the dogs at Support Dogs was attacked by a loose staffy. He was a huge Irish wolfhound and it got him on his side. He has been brought up around lots of different dogs but now is a little wary around staffy types, even one of the other trainers dogs. After the attack, which like yours was thankfully mainly bruising and puncture wounds, he had some lumps appear around the wound sites. I can't remember actually what they were but he is fine now.
Has he had a check over at the vets?

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

claire_daz
Hatchling

United Kingdom
412 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  09:29:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ohhh i hope he is ok get well soon bailey
Go to Top of Page

nusnakemum
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1612 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  10:19:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh what an awful story, and i feel bad for the attacking dog too if its being brought up so cruelly, bad karma on the owner and hoping his dog has a better life soon somehow and give Bailey some big hugs from us, bless him he is gorgeous, hope your hand heals quickly

0.0.1 corn Ernest
0.1.0 leopard gecko Mrs T
1.0.0 anery Black Eyed Bill RIP Bill x
2.0.0 kids
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  10:26:46  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
poor baby xx

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

lupi lou
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3670 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  10:37:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow you guys had a lucky escape, i would have dived in to. cops are idiots and so is that guy. its people like that which cause staffs to have such a bad name, it isn't the breed that makes a dog aggressive its the owner. hope you both feel better soon and that you boy dosn't lose confidence from this.

1.0.1 Corns
0.1.0 Dog: springer
1.0.0 Horse
0.4.0 Gerbils
2.2.0 Leopard gecko
0.2.0 Cave gecko
Go to Top of Page

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  11:32:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thats awful, hope he's ok xx

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  11:55:26  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Katie.Dublin

all respect to the police they were there un 30 seconds and baileys fine just a bit shaken. but still wanted to play with other dogs so least it hasnt changed my beloved dogs character. he could have gone completely wonky but im so glad hes still the loving care boy he always was

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  11:59:43  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i am closebto a park police officer and he said that hes not having a dog like that in the park. so unfortunutly the dog will now pay the final price for her pathetic owner. i do fill sorry for her owner but its safer then having the next attack on an innocent kid

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  12:09:03  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
poor things :(

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page

Casta
Hatchling

United Kingdom
335 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  13:14:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
its a bloody sin that these things happen... always giving certain breeds more bad publicity. my staffy x lurcher is a soppy as anything but people still cross the road when the see her and shes a big baby. i'll never blame a dog but people **** me off. shame the dog had to pay the ultimate price but you never know when it would have happened again... please tell me something happened to the guy about owning animals or at least???

Go to Top of Page

serena_08
Yearling

United Kingdom
784 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  14:06:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is rarely any dogs fault, nearly always the owner. We train our dogs from day one, in everything we do with them. I have 3 Staffies, that these
Muppets have destroyed their reputation. I get so much grief in my area because I own 'dangerous dogs', yet all sound like they have a similar personality to Bailey! I'm glad that this situation is not as bad as it could have been :) and hope you all get over this event x

1.0.0 Corn: D-Bo (Amel)
1.0.0 Western Hognose: C*ntyB*ll*cks
0.1.0 MBK: Rosa
0.0.1 Leopard Gecko: Zuko
0.0.1 Bearded Dragon: Kobe
0.0.1 Fire Bellied Toad: Snoop
1.1.0 Cats: Penny and Sheldon
1.0.0 Staffy: MooMoo

I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Go to Top of Page

sue2012
Hatchling

United Kingdom
391 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  14:21:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
poor dog we have a staffy and is as soft as butter he was attacked at the local dog walking area he was on his lead and anouther dog came running up to him and started attacking him the owner wason the phone the hole time and went mad at me when i man handled his dog away from mine he told me i had no rights to touch his dog and that his dog was only doing what dog do i had to laugh at this wilst thinking what a prat we was lucky that there was no damage done but it did make my dog very scared of other dogs and took a long time to get him to trust dogs he dont know we had to muzzle him and everthing to walk him .................some people just dont deserve to have any dogs they show no respect for the dog and they walk around as if there dog is just a fashon statment i hope your dog is doing ok and he will still get on with the good dogs out there and i think u are very brave for putting your hand in any dogs mouth goes to show how much u care for and love your dog xxx

1.0 Caroliner - Ozzy
1.0 caramel
Bloodred - Damon
0.1 sulfor - Stella
0.1 moonstone - letti
1.0 lavender - tazz
0.1 amber opal - salt
0.2 cats buffy & narla
Go to Top of Page

ozziesmum
Yearling

United Kingdom
736 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  14:36:03  Show Profile  Send ozziesmum a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It breaks my heart to see things like this, another poor innocent dog taught all the wrong things in life and both you and Bailey have paid the price, you're probably both feeling very sore and sorry for yourselves and who wouldn't be. I hope both yours and Baileys wounds heal quickly and you can both put this terrible ordeal behind you.

Jane.

Oscar Black Lab, Saffron, Merlin and Mischief the cats, assorted fish, Rhubarb & Custard the corns, Tuppence the Tortoise, Tripod the Leopard Gecko.
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  15:01:10  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Casta

its a bloody sin that these things happen... always giving certain breeds more bad publicity. my staffy x lurcher is a soppy as anything but people still cross the road when the see her and shes a big baby. i'll never blame a dog but people **** me off. shame the dog had to pay the ultimate price but you never know when it would have happened again... please tell me something happened to the guy about owning animals or at least???

the police cudnt do anything coz it was dog on dog. but he will get his medicine him self. if he wants to slap a dog around then i'll bide my time and slap him about.

and to sue 2012. i wud have lost my hand if it ment saving my dogs face. i love him more than anything and i'll hurt my self to protect him and he knew that coz as soon as it was all over he didnt want my gf or her brother only his daddy lol

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000