The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 UPDATE on escaped car snake.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SexyBear77 Posted - 30/03/2012 : 15:36:59
So it's been nearly 3 weeks since my new 2011 Miami managed to escape from his transport box on the way back from London.

Tbh I'd all but given up hope that he was still in the car. The bottle traps didn't work, the water and flour were undisturbed and I couldn't lure him out with food either.
The other night I was out in the car and I felt something touch my upper right arm, but when I pulled over to look I couldn't see anything.

This morning, after a rather heavy night out last night, I arrived at work when a song I really like was playing on the radio. Rather than get out before putting on my boots, I got them to put on in the car whilst listening.

Because of the footwell, I had to tip my boots to put them on, and just as I was about to stick my foot in I noticed a red and grey something in the bottom- the snake!!!

I've never had a hysterical fit before, but I'll admit that I did scream, before bursting into tears and laughing like a maniac at the same time. My poor friend Dan who was in the car with me didn't know what the hell was going on until I managed to show him the boot with the snake inside.

He's very skinny and dehydrated, as well as lethargic. What with the boiling daytime heat and freezing nights he really has been exposed to temperature extremes and I hope he is not going to have any neurological problems as a result.

Obviously the main concern at the moment is getting him rehydrated and stabilised. My lovely boss allowed me to go off to the local village shop for some Powerade, so he's had a bath in that and seems brighter and more active.

Once he's back home (he's safely secured at work ATM) then he'll be kept at room temperature for a few days with Critical Care in his water and Powerade baths. Then we'll see about getting some food into him.

I'll keep this updated with his progress.

And for those who don't know, his name is Tallahassee.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SexyBear77 Posted - 02/04/2012 : 13:48:53
quote:
Originally posted by Mort13

Aw thats fab news. So chuffed you got him back and hopefully he'll make a full recovery after his adventures.
I keep thinking of Woody from Toy Story "Theres a snake in my boot"

Interestingly enough, he is named Tallahassee after the zombie-killing legend from Zombieland, who, incidentally, was played by Woody Harrelson.

Its fate!
Mamma Posted - 01/04/2012 : 19:20:44
oh wow that is fantastic!!!
Hissyfit Posted - 01/04/2012 : 18:46:38
Excellent news, so pleased you've found him at last! I'm sure he'll make a full recovery now he's in good hands
Casta Posted - 01/04/2012 : 18:46:12
glad to hear it!
Mort13 Posted - 01/04/2012 : 14:31:41
Aw thats fab news. So chuffed you got him back and hopefully he'll make a full recovery after his adventures.
I keep thinking of Woody from Toy Story "Theres a snake in my boot"
Lili Posted - 31/03/2012 : 17:52:39
it's great that you found him! Gatorade never ceases to amaze me with its magical properties
polarchick Posted - 31/03/2012 : 15:48:18
Welcome back Tallahassee! Great news that he has surfaced, hope he does well!
kev 5 Posted - 31/03/2012 : 14:26:44
glad to hear you found him,hope he recovers o.k
ScalySituation Posted - 31/03/2012 : 14:10:24
so glad he showed up :)

love the idea of boots for a name
nickyff Posted - 31/03/2012 : 00:19:21
phew. finally.

Kez Posted - 30/03/2012 : 23:15:48
I'm soooo delighted to hear that your little Tallahassee has finally shown up, you must be over the moon hope he's well and hasn't caused himself any problems. At least he's in good hands and you can finally relax now
Auld Baldy Posted - 30/03/2012 : 22:54:44
Glad to hear he has popped up again. Much better than having to dismantle the car.

Another hit for the footwear trap. It should be a recognized as an official catch technique.
kdlang Posted - 30/03/2012 : 22:38:19
Sooooo pleased he turned up. What luck that you spotted him in your boot before you put it on. It shows just how resilient they can be to withstand such temperature fluctuations.

I think Boots is a fab name
SexyBear77 Posted - 30/03/2012 : 21:57:26
Thanks guys, he seems much much better this evening.
Laws Posted - 30/03/2012 : 21:02:52
yeyeye! congrats on finding him :) fingers crossed both yourself and the little dude recover!
scottishbluebird Posted - 30/03/2012 : 20:59:05
So glad you got him, just hope no lasting damage xx
claire_daz Posted - 30/03/2012 : 20:03:05
im so glad you got him boots is a great name
Katie.Dublin Posted - 30/03/2012 : 18:56:17
quote:
Originally posted by sue2012

so pleased u have him back and i really hope he is going to be ok poor little thing least he is safe now ...................ok powerade am i thinking the blue drink u can get from any shop lol or is it something for reptiles lol

When you haven't got Repti-boost to hand, a blue powerade and water bath can do the same trick!
Simmy_82 Posted - 30/03/2012 : 18:15:13
Glad he's finally surfaces! Hope he does well!!
Falice Posted - 30/03/2012 : 18:14:14
wow thats amazing! glad u found him and that he gets better soon =]

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000