Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2012 :  15:36:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So it's been nearly 3 weeks since my new 2011 Miami managed to escape from his transport box on the way back from London.

Tbh I'd all but given up hope that he was still in the car. The bottle traps didn't work, the water and flour were undisturbed and I couldn't lure him out with food either.
The other night I was out in the car and I felt something touch my upper right arm, but when I pulled over to look I couldn't see anything.

This morning, after a rather heavy night out last night, I arrived at work when a song I really like was playing on the radio. Rather than get out before putting on my boots, I got them to put on in the car whilst listening.

Because of the footwell, I had to tip my boots to put them on, and just as I was about to stick my foot in I noticed a red and grey something in the bottom- the snake!!!

I've never had a hysterical fit before, but I'll admit that I did scream, before bursting into tears and laughing like a maniac at the same time. My poor friend Dan who was in the car with me didn't know what the hell was going on until I managed to show him the boot with the snake inside.

He's very skinny and dehydrated, as well as lethargic. What with the boiling daytime heat and freezing nights he really has been exposed to temperature extremes and I hope he is not going to have any neurological problems as a result.

Obviously the main concern at the moment is getting him rehydrated and stabilised. My lovely boss allowed me to go off to the local village shop for some Powerade, so he's had a bath in that and seems brighter and more active.

Once he's back home (he's safely secured at work ATM) then he'll be kept at room temperature for a few days with Critical Care in his water and Powerade baths. Then we'll see about getting some food into him.

I'll keep this updated with his progress.

And for those who don't know, his name is Tallahassee.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2012 :  15:48:44  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Aww bless it's nice you found him :D

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2012 :  15:52:28  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That's great news, hopefully he will be ok and be fighting fit again soon

1.1 Corns (Anery Stripe, Amel) 1.0 Rootbeer 0.2 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Zebra Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 50% Diamond Zebra Carpet Python
Go to Top of Page

darrkang3l
Hatchling

United Kingdom
403 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2012 :  16:02:29  Show Profile  Visit darrkang3l's Homepage  Reply with Quote
wheyyyy glad to hear it! im sure he will turn out all good! :D although i think you should now name him boots. :L

0.0.1 Corn Snakes (myst)
0.1.0 Leopard gecko (Meg)
0.1.0 Girlfriend. (Mel)
0.1.0 Staffy (molly)
1.1.0 Royal pythons
Wish list - Chinese water dragon, Tegu! Rainbow boa!

R.I.P Shayde
Go to Top of Page

cobweb251
Hatchling

United Kingdom
435 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2012 :  16:20:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i agree with the renaming lol
Go to Top of Page

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2012 :  16:23:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thats fab news that you found him, do you keep your boots in the car or had he found his way into them during the journey?? You have a great boss letting you keep the snake at work, mine would have a fit

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2012 :  16:31:37  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i agree think you should call him boots. thats great news. what a day for you. pay day and finding snakey lol. or is this an early april fools

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle
soon to have female pin royal

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2012 :  16:37:13  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Excellent news!

Aguna CB11 Anery - Typhon CB12 Amber - Plissken CB08 Carolina - Iara CB11 Caramel

Indra CB12 Lavender (?) - Evren CB12 Carolina (?) - Ophis CB11 Hypo Lavender - Sirae CB11 Ghost Motley

Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2012 :  16:57:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh wow that is fantastic news! I was thinking about you today, and really hoping you'd find him soon as there hadn't been any news from you. What a fab boss too - my boss is terrified of snakes, he wouldn't be allowed in the building Woohoo!

Go to Top of Page

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2012 :  17:18:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brilliant!!!!!!!!!! Really really hope that he settles now and eats for you eventually!

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page

Okeetee Mick
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2308 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2012 :  17:20:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great news, pleased for you both.

0.1.0 Okeetee (Sookie) 0.1.0 Powder (Luna) 0.1.0 Bloodred (Arlene) 0.1.0 Caramel Stripe (Tara)
0.1.0 Ghost (Crystal) 0.1.0 Caramel (Jessica) 0.1.0 Lavender Stripe (Portia) 1.0.0 Platinum (Godric)
0.1.0 Thayers King (Lettie Mae) 0.1.0 Albino Blairs King (Lorena) 0.1.0 Russian Ratsnakes (Pam)
0.1.0 Korean Ratsnake (Katerina) 1.0.0 Russian Ratsnake (Lafayette)
Go to Top of Page

sue2012
Hatchling

United Kingdom
391 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2012 :  17:50:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so pleased u have him back and i really hope he is going to be ok poor little thing least he is safe now ...................ok powerade am i thinking the blue drink u can get from any shop lol or is it something for reptiles lol

1.0 Caroliner - Ozzy
1.0 caramel
Bloodred - Damon
0.1 sulfor - Stella
0.1 moonstone - letti
1.0 lavender - tazz
0.1 amber opal - salt
0.2 cats buffy & narla
Go to Top of Page

nusnakemum
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1612 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2012 :  18:10:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh i am so so so pleased was thinking about this the other day - i,ve had a lovely day and this has continued my smile

0.0.1 corn Ernest
0.1.0 leopard gecko Mrs T
1.0.0 anery Black Eyed Bill RIP Bill x
2.0.0 kids
Go to Top of Page

Falice
Yearling

United Kingdom
757 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2012 :  18:14:14  Show Profile  Visit Falice's Homepage  Reply with Quote
wow thats amazing! glad u found him and that he gets better soon =]

1.0.0 Royal Python (Sir Cuthbert)
1.0.0 Corn (Trevor)
1.0.0 C0ckatiel (Baldwin)
1.0.0 Jug - jack russel x pug (Keyser Soze)
Go to Top of Page

Simmy_82
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1272 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2012 :  18:15:13  Show Profile  Click to see Simmy_82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Glad he's finally surfaces! Hope he does well!!

0.1.0 - Cat - Tallulah
0.0.1 - Carolina Corn Snake - Lilith
Go to Top of Page

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2012 :  18:56:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sue2012

so pleased u have him back and i really hope he is going to be ok poor little thing least he is safe now ...................ok powerade am i thinking the blue drink u can get from any shop lol or is it something for reptiles lol

When you haven't got Repti-boost to hand, a blue powerade and water bath can do the same trick!

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page

claire_daz
Hatchling

United Kingdom
412 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2012 :  20:03:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
im so glad you got him boots is a great name
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2012 :  20:59:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So glad you got him, just hope no lasting damage xx

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2012 :  21:02:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeyeye! congrats on finding him :) fingers crossed both yourself and the little dude recover!

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2012 :  21:57:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys, he seems much much better this evening.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2012 :  22:38:19  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sooooo pleased he turned up. What luck that you spotted him in your boot before you put it on. It shows just how resilient they can be to withstand such temperature fluctuations.

I think Boots is a fab name

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000