The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Fingers crossed/prayers/magic thoughts

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kdlang Posted - 26/03/2012 : 23:48:53
Any of the above for Connie tomorrow please guys. She is going in to have her retained eggs surgically removed and hopefully spayed as well.

She is a tough girl so hopefully she will be ok but there is always uncertainty with anaesthetics and she really isn't a happy girl at the moment.

I will update with any news as I get it
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mort13 Posted - 29/03/2012 : 18:15:59
Aw,only just read this sorry.....net problems. You must be over the moon with her progress,hopefully you'll never have to make this decision again. Thanks for sharing her story with us.
smart bunny Posted - 29/03/2012 : 17:30:54
She's a little fighter :D Good luck tomorrow lol!!
Mamma Posted - 29/03/2012 : 16:51:54
fabulous shes a wee star. I actually directed someone (not on the forum) to your posts about connie, as they had similar things with their corn. The info certainly did help them xxx

good luck tomorrow xxxx
kdlang Posted - 29/03/2012 : 16:46:51
My girl is a star. She has eaten a 4g pinkie. I tried her with one yesterday as per vets instructions but she wasn't bothered (can't say I blame her lol). Anyway, I spotted her out and about this afternoon so I defrosted her another one, heated it with a hairdryer and squeezed it's head so some goo came out the nostrils (wanted to make it as smelly as possible so she recognised it as prey). Put it on a dish in her rub and left her to it. Iv gone in just now and it has gone. I'm so happy. Just got to suss out how to give her her baytril tomorrow now without handling her lol
Blackcat Posted - 29/03/2012 : 16:41:18
Not been on here for a while and have just read through your posts, what a stressfull time you must of had. I am so pleased that things have so far gone so well and you have Connie home.
tordyjo Posted - 29/03/2012 : 16:05:46
so pleased she's back home and doing well for you, here's to a speedy recovery
kdlang Posted - 29/03/2012 : 12:42:48
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

Shes still looking bulky? Not sure if its the way she is laying in her hide or not as stupid as it sounds but she never looks this bulky. She'smore active than ususal but no shed. Just shoping it's me being paranoid rather than her going to lay a load of duds.

I wonder if duds are harder to past than fertile eggs since duds generally feel super hard?

Got my fingers crossed for you hun.

From what I have read, stuck eggs are usually slugs however the ones connie had removed were quite spongy
kdlang Posted - 29/03/2012 : 12:40:04
quote:
Originally posted by nickyff

quote:
Originally posted by kdlang

when your snake decides she wants to be the virgin Mary.

LAFFS

omg- some of those eggies were quite white- what ifff.....???

Lol. Went through that last year. I even tried incubating some and one of the white ones lasted about 3-4 weeks before it went mouldy. I was tempted to try again but it is sooooooo unlikely that they would hatch I decided I couldn't cope with messing with an incubator as well as caring for Connie. Since I froze them, I have read about a boa that had a virgin birth. Aparently she was put with 4 males but dna testing on the babies showed that they couldn't have been sired by any of them and the babies actually had 2 lots of the mothers dna. Not sure how much I believe stuff you read on the internet but it certainly does make you think
Sta~ple Posted - 29/03/2012 : 12:36:19
Shes still looking bulky? Not sure if its the way she is laying in her hide or not as stupid as it sounds but she never looks this bulky. She'smore active than ususal but no shed. Just shoping it's me being paranoid rather than her going to lay a load of duds.

I wonder if duds are harder to past than fertile eggs since duds generally feel super hard?
nickyff Posted - 29/03/2012 : 12:33:41
quote:
Originally posted by kdlang

when your snake decides she wants to be the virgin Mary.

LAFFS

omg- some of those eggies were quite white- what ifff.....???
kdlang Posted - 29/03/2012 : 12:21:59
Yeah I'l post pics as she heals.

Hows your girl doing? Carmellia has gone blue and I can feel bumps in her so I'm hoping she is just ovulating like she did last year. I'm starting to think I prefer having males even if they do make lots of noise trashing their vivs lol
Sta~ple Posted - 29/03/2012 : 12:18:03
Bless her! Good to know she is doing well. Can we look at the scars after a few sheds please? Kind of instrsted to see what it looks like then.
kdlang Posted - 29/03/2012 : 12:11:07
Thanks everyone. She is still doing ok. Not too happy about taking the antibiotics but she puts up with it and I don't think she hates me yet. I'm not sure how they go about suturing a snake but from the looks of the wound its stitching the skin like with a wound we would have. The scales just kind of jut out a bit. It still completely blows my mind the things the vets can do and how resilient our animals are. She is likely to have a scar. However the vet was telling me about another snake she had operated on who she saw a few months later and after just 2 sheds you could only just see the scar.

I really hope this thread is helpful to others although I wouldn't like anyone else to go through it. I found it quite hard to find information about snake spaying although a search on google found a few people asking and lots of replies saying it can't be done, why would you want to, just dont house snakes together etc. Not really helpful when your snake decides she wants to be the virgin Mary. Up to now it has cost me around £300 with the various consultations and treatments but it has been well worth it to have my girl alive. It has made me decide to get a saving pot going though in case of any future problems. It's something I have always meant to do but never started it. First fiver went in it yesterday.
Mamma Posted - 29/03/2012 : 10:32:36
so glad she is doing ok. This thread will be so useful to others that may have the same kinda problems. Thanks for sharing photos. xx
ScalySituation Posted - 29/03/2012 : 10:22:47
phew!!
glad the lil ladys home :)

get well soon :)
claire_daz Posted - 28/03/2012 : 18:19:02
well done and welcome home connie
smart bunny Posted - 28/03/2012 : 18:13:18
Woohoo!!! So glad she is home safely xx Wow, that's quite a long wound too!
nickyff Posted - 28/03/2012 : 17:20:37
good news! I'm so glad to read that connie's op went well and she's back home with you- what a relief!!
that's quite an incision...will she have a scar?? watch out- she'll be showing it off to other snakes and making up stories about being in a fight with a gang of hawks.. heehee
its good to know that this time next year you should both be all calm and relaxed and egg-less
congratulations-

and thankyou for keeping us all in the loop, even whilst in the middle of the stress..
Simmy_82 Posted - 28/03/2012 : 16:21:53
All good news so far. Long may in continue!
Kez Posted - 28/03/2012 : 16:15:30
That's fantastic, I'm soooo pleased she's back home with you where she belongs. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery and a much happier Connie

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000