The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 anyone ever complained about a pet store?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Falice Posted - 13/03/2012 : 19:01:13
Hi everyone, I went into my local pet store today and i was not impressed with the state of most of the animals.

The snakes and reptiles are pretty much sitting in their own poo, I don't know how often bearded dragons or geckos do their business, but i certainly kno that snakes don't do it that often so it must be weeks old. They seem to have enough hides and things but all they have is 1 thermometer, one of those strip ones (not sure what to call them) and they all read around 21oC, the beardies were about 23 (I have no idea the heat they need so unsure if this is bad or not)

There was what i thought was an empty viv because it had a light in there but it wasn't on and it looked pretty dirty, then i saw this poor corn curled up at the back. All of the animals water was in a discusting condition it was so dirty and some of them had poo sitting in it.
All their birds were just sat in a cage with 1 perch and a bowl of food and dirty water.

Also a few weeks ago i went in there 2 days in a row once was to kill time before work then i went in the next day purely to see if the parrots water had been changed because when i went in there the first time there was loads of seed andpoopin it, the next day it was inn exactly the same condition.

Anyway sorry for the essay i was just really mad, I'm just wondering if I should complain about this place? if so how should i go about it. A old friend that i went to school with complained about the condition of their rodents a few years ago but nothing ever came of it.
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Falice Posted - 15/03/2012 : 23:14:48
That is a good idea actually I think I will have a word with them and see whaat they say, I know where to go if I need to make a complaint now if i have to. I think they are having a re furb soon i read somewhere so i wonder if things will change along with that. Thanks for the advice guys as always =]
Okeetee Mick Posted - 15/03/2012 : 12:27:12

To be perfectly honest yes I do, if you're that concerned about the animals welfare and thinking of making a formal complaint to the local council I would certainly speak to the staff regarding the situation. If you don't like the answers given inform them of your intentions.
Lili Posted - 15/03/2012 : 01:09:26
probably wouldn't hurt to talk to a manager or supervisor especially if you are going to file a formal complaint somewhere, that way it looks like you've done your homework on the situation
madmartyn Posted - 14/03/2012 : 18:55:16
my beardy,s viv is minimum 27degrees at the cool end (that is the temp they need to digest food) and 30-31 at the hot end with basking light.
Falice Posted - 14/03/2012 : 18:16:19
quote:
Originally posted by Okeetee Mick

Have you actually spoken to the staff regarding your observations?

No I havn't do u think i should?
Okeetee Mick Posted - 14/03/2012 : 17:16:50
Have you actually spoken to the staff regarding your observations?
smart bunny Posted - 14/03/2012 : 16:47:56
That is so awful :(
Vince_the_snake Posted - 14/03/2012 : 07:03:19
That's terrible! at least my local shop is very good clean viv's for everything, friendly people that give you loads of info and nice animals
scottishbluebird Posted - 14/03/2012 : 01:39:04
Let us know if it improves
lotabob Posted - 13/03/2012 : 20:45:12
I have 2 local shops and the staff in both are constantly doing something, there is always someone cleaning, spraying, cleaning the glass, feeding the hatchlings, etc, I dont think I've ever seen anyone stood idle. The places are always immaculate too, you maybe see the odd freshly laid bottom sausage but nothing that ever looks like its laid for any length of time.
Falice Posted - 13/03/2012 : 20:40:46
yea i will i might even discreetly make a note of the temps and stuff on the reptiles
ScalySituation Posted - 13/03/2012 : 20:07:19
that is unnaceptable!!

Make sure you get your facts 100% spot on to give you the best chance of something being done xx
Falice Posted - 13/03/2012 : 20:05:37
oh and i forgot to mention the other thing that annoyed me when i walked in today, there were 2 members of staff that were playing card games on the computer, i was just thinking why don't u go clean out the animals rather than sitting there on the computer! idiots, that really made me angry i felt like shouting at them.

Thanku very much for ur responses i will definately be making a complaint x
lupi lou Posted - 13/03/2012 : 19:44:26
like othres have said contact your local council, to be granted and keep a licence the shop has to maintain a certain standard. there is a pet shop near me which had a complaint put in about it. standards have improved a bit but its still not great. i won't buy anything from them as i refuse to fund them. i'd rather pay that bit more and go to p@h at least their accomidation is clean and of reasonable size.
Falice Posted - 13/03/2012 : 19:43:45
thanks staple i'm gunna do it, it's not nice in there at all. The other couple of stores in the town are pretty good, all the animals look very clean and well looked after, it's just this one that's skanky. (it is in the more scabby end of town though lol)
Dancross0 Posted - 13/03/2012 : 19:37:36
As Sta~ple has said, phone the council, and speak to the environmental health officer. They'll sort it out.
ScalySituation Posted - 13/03/2012 : 19:25:23
sounds awfulm, i'm lucky, my local is pretty awesome condition wise
Sta~ple Posted - 13/03/2012 : 19:18:13
Yes you should, you would complain to the local council since they issue the petshop licence, they will have a look and maybe bring round other people to deal with the situation.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000