The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 :)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mamma Posted - 08/02/2012 : 16:16:39
Howdy howdy. I'm still here. Mucho lurking going on as I rest up on house arrest. Thanks to all for kind words and the such whilst I was in hospital.

Yes.. tis true. Since coming out of hosp I have cut back on my collection. I have a few close friends who are taking a few off of my hands for me, so I know they will be going to a loving home Very, very hard decision for me but hubby just couldn't cope with the snakes as well as he thought whilst I was in hospital and he comes 1st and foremost. (I had 8 missed calls on the ward after midnight one night...as bitey albino cali king escaped mid feed.. and alone and not fond of snakes as it is - hubby discovered he has a proper phobia .)

I'm keeping a few of my original snakes however, as he feels awful about me making such a decision, and hes alright with the 1st ones I got.

Anyway, just having a lookie through posts and catching up really and though I better thanks to all for good thoughts etc, whilst my cottonwool brain remembers xxxxx
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mamma Posted - 10/02/2012 : 10:42:26
quote:
Originally posted by Katie.Dublin

quote:
Originally posted by Mamma

quote:
Originally posted by kdlang

Glad to have you around again hun. Sorry to hear about you having to downsize and I know it wouldn't have been an easy decision, so I'm glad you have found homes for them where you can keep in touch. Well done to hubby for coping so well and I imagine mammasgirl has been a real big help as well.

Thanks KD. Yeah she was great helping him she did all the feeding of the lizards hehehe as he hates roaches too. (hes sounding more and more like a wimp eh lol)

In fairness... who likes roaches! I'm just about able to handle crickets lol.

I dont mind them. I have a white one in amongst them all! weird eh! Its the noise that james doesnt like lol. They are kept in the boiler cupboard, in the small cubby way by our back door. Thats where james smokes with the doors leading to the house shut. At night if you are sitting in there having a cig all you can hear is them scuttling around in their rub hahahaha.
Katie.Dublin Posted - 10/02/2012 : 10:38:51
quote:
Originally posted by Mamma

quote:

Glad to have you around again hun. Sorry to hear about you having to downsize and I know it wouldn't have been an easy decision, so I'm glad you have found homes for them where you can keep in touch. Well done to hubby for coping so well and I imagine mammasgirl has been a real big help as well.

Thanks KD. Yeah she was great helping him she did all the feeding of the lizards hehehe as he hates roaches too. (hes sounding more and more like a wimp eh lol)

In fairness... who likes roaches! I'm just about able to handle crickets lol.
Mamma Posted - 10/02/2012 : 09:54:55
quote:

kdlang Posted - 10/02/2012 : 08:23:55

Mamma Posted - 09/02/2012 : 19:20:14
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

I see you kept the really ugly faced one! I'll have to keep popping into the chat to see if your in there later or in a few days or something as you have missed many a llama.

I will pm you on pussbook xxx
Sta~ple Posted - 09/02/2012 : 14:33:54
I see you kept the really ugly faced one! I'll have to keep popping into the chat to see if your in there later or in a few days or something as you have missed many a llama.
Mamma Posted - 09/02/2012 : 12:16:52
quote:
Originally posted by a33272

i shall keep my comment on this simple

TELL HIM TO GROW SOME BALLS :D

shusht you!! *Refraining from making comment as Im behaving now jojo is on the forum hahahaha*

Thanks guys.
xxx
a33272 Posted - 09/02/2012 : 11:58:56
i shall keep my comment on this simple

TELL HIM TO GROW SOME BALLS :D
nickyff Posted - 09/02/2012 : 02:08:46
praps you could arrange for some of them to go to ppl yo know? so you could still be in touch, and have the option of re-having them later?
glad yr home getting better-
smart bunny Posted - 08/02/2012 : 22:42:27
Sorry to hear you've been so poorly, and poor brave hubby! Shame you have to cut down but glad your favourites are staying. Hope you are feeling a lot better soon.
Auld Baldy Posted - 08/02/2012 : 22:39:43
Hi Mamma, glad to hear you are on the recovery road.

Pity about having to farm out some of the weans and snakes but your health and hubby's sanity come first. Oh! Was it just the snakes?

Speedy get well wishes. x
Okeetee Mick Posted - 08/02/2012 : 22:37:47
So nice to have you back
Mamma Posted - 08/02/2012 : 22:16:23
quote:
Originally posted by Emmy1

Sorry to hear you've been in the wars Mamma! I hope everything is getting on track now.
Poor you making such big cutbacks! Yet all the same I'm pleased you have a reliable ring of friends. I'll miss your sneaky new addition photos! Are the children keeping any snakes?

Mammasgirl is keeping blitzen there was never any doubt about that xxxxx
scottishbluebird Posted - 08/02/2012 : 21:25:01
I did wonder where you had been, so sorry you had to let some go , hope you are deff on the mend now xxx
nusnakemum Posted - 08/02/2012 : 21:02:04
Hey had missed you on here, glad you are out of hosp n on the mend and big yay to hubby for coping ! sorry you,ve had to downsize but you still got your original beautiful beasty buddies - take care !
Emmy1 Posted - 08/02/2012 : 19:41:10
Sorry to hear you've been in the wars Mamma! I hope everything is getting on track now.
Poor you making such big cutbacks! Yet all the same I'm pleased you have a reliable ring of friends. I'll miss your sneaky new addition photos! Are the children keeping any snakes?
tordyjo Posted - 08/02/2012 : 19:26:37
sorry to hear you haven't been well and have had to make cutbacks, at least they are with friends and you'll be able to see/hear about them x
Katie.Dublin Posted - 08/02/2012 : 18:49:13
Glad you're back on your feet :)Pity about the cutbacks but at least you can keep your favourites! You'll be able to give them all the extra love now too! I'm glad you kept griffin! He's a gorgeous big boy
Mamma Posted - 08/02/2012 : 18:36:58
Im keeping Romeo, Griffin and Macbeth corn wise. Griffin was on the possible list but I just couldn't do it

King wise, just Mim. Keeping my hoggie and boa too Thanks stapes. I hopefully wont get ill again from what happened to me this time lol. But my immune system is knacker-ed so I'm susceptible to catching everything going and it hitting me harder than normal.

Being that my health probs are longterm I'm not gonna be collecting back my re-homes when im feeling better. I can't have hubby put in that predicament again, if I end up taken in for any ops or any falls cos of my joints in shizz. They will be well looked after though one of the girls taking is a veterinary nurse I have known her since childhood. Infact... shes Jupiter's original mum
Sta~ple Posted - 08/02/2012 : 17:53:33
Bless you :( I hope you don't get ill again. Which ones you keeping? I know your keeping Romeo and Mim, are you keeping the hoggie?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000