The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Help- Persuade Parents UPDATE

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
WannaCornSnakeTeen Posted - 01/02/2012 : 19:43:24
Sooooooo it sort of worked... My mum said that if I still want a corn snake in a month, she'll think about it!
It will probably be a yes
wouldent it just be so much easier if corn snkes dident eat mice lol you know what i mean the whole 'I'm not having mice in my freezer!' reaction
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
WannaCornSnakeTeen Posted - 04/02/2012 : 20:00:43
quote:
Originally posted by Spreebok

Hehe, good work on the power point, but I can see you copied some of the text from the Pets@Home leaflet xD I only noticed because I read one the other day and noted what I didn't agree with, like offering a water bowl large enough for them to soak *pedant face* :P

Very good though, fingers crossed for you :)

#Yeeeaaahhh, dont know why nobody relised earlier but its a good article, and the only one i found that is breif and doesnt go into all the scientific detail (not that i mind lol) http://www.petsathome.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Info_10601_corn-snake_-1_10551
Spreebok Posted - 04/02/2012 : 19:37:21
Hehe, good work on the power point, but I can see you copied some of the text from the Pets@Home leaflet xD I only noticed because I read one the other day and noted what I didn't agree with, like offering a water bowl large enough for them to soak *pedant face* :P

Very good though, fingers crossed for you :)
nickyff Posted - 04/02/2012 : 17:55:16
PPT was very convincing, I thought- good luck on wearing them down....
tordyjo Posted - 04/02/2012 : 12:11:20
That powerpoint presentation is excellent you've definately done your research
WannaCornSnakeTeen Posted - 04/02/2012 : 09:08:49
https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=1f2dd1061fc5c411&resid=1F2DD1061FC5C411!124&parid=1F2DD1061FC5C411!117&authkey=!AFpK0dBmsJ_1da4

Thanks to everyone for the pics
Dancross0 Posted - 02/02/2012 : 23:16:34
I keep my snake food in an old ice cream tub. I just put a 'm' in front of the ice cream....
marc_sg Posted - 02/02/2012 : 23:13:55
quote:
Originally posted by Redshift Spec

quote:
Originally posted by WannaCornSnakeTeen

quote:
Originally posted by marc_sg

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by oakleyman18

Buy them a new freezer?

Actually thinking about it we have got this mini frezer that isent even on it there just to fill the space lol

that all i use it is perfect. and ill buy 3/4 months worth at a time for 4 snakeys. they work perfectly for stopping people worrying about mice in the frezzer. well least ur half way there. just keeping showing them your still as interested as you were at the begginning. just outer interested how did you ask letter or face to face

Actually i sort of emailed my dad a powerpoint I made lol

Oh you know you've got to show us this power point now! :)

yes i think it should be uploaded to
herriotfan Posted - 02/02/2012 : 20:57:42
Could you have a special shelf just for the mice? Keep them in a container, like everyone has suggested, and there won't be a problem.
Maybe Mum would look at the posts on here and she will understand that cornsnakes are not that bad after all. They are really awesome!!
Redshift Spec Posted - 02/02/2012 : 20:52:49
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Buy them a new freezer?

Actually thinking about it we have got this mini frezer that isent even on it there just to fill the space lol

that all i use it is perfect. and ill buy 3/4 months worth at a time for 4 snakeys. they work perfectly for stopping people worrying about mice in the frezzer. well least ur half way there. just keeping showing them your still as interested as you were at the begginning. just outer interested how did you ask letter or face to face

Oh you know you've got to show us this power point now! :)
lupi lou Posted - 02/02/2012 : 19:20:09
My mum didn't like the idea of mice in the freezer either, and we end up with fishing bait in there which is worse!!! shes come round more now that she's seen that they are in a black bag and not just loose in the freezer! even thinks she might actually like 8, not that she'd admit that!!
Mort13 Posted - 02/02/2012 : 17:26:45
If you put them mice in resealable freezer bags and then put them in a plastic airtight container you can't see through your mum won't be able to see them and doesn't need to worry about hygeine if thats on her mind too.
Its looking good for you though,well done on the persuading so far.
Sta~ple Posted - 02/02/2012 : 08:18:40
Turning on a freezer just to store mice for one snake is a bit drastic considering how much eleccy they can use unless your going to shoove your peas and sausages in there too :P
WannaCornSnakeTeen Posted - 02/02/2012 : 07:48:23
quote:

quote:

quote:

Buy them a new freezer?

scottishbluebird Posted - 02/02/2012 : 01:49:24
Congrats, look forward to pics in a month of new snakie!
thistle Posted - 02/02/2012 : 00:42:57
Definitely sounds promising. Hopefully in a month she wont have changed her mind.
tordyjo Posted - 01/02/2012 : 23:35:22
think my mother would freak if she found the mice in my freezer, i'm 32 with my own place and children lol, i use the ice tray bit and their in a plastic box. She came to visit the other day and really doesn't like my snakies, don't know why, so had to cover the faun, RUB, and viv with towels and blankets so she couldn't see them
marc_sg Posted - 01/02/2012 : 22:35:29
quote:
Originally posted by CentricMalteser85

lol, the joys of having your own place

but I still use the ice tary bit at the top

each of mouse is individually wrap in black (that's how they come) and then in a clear plastic sandwich bag,

that way cant be confused,

just got an image of our mum going for ice cream, opening this box, and discovering it's "Snakies Mice & Bits" instead of ben and jerrys cookie dough lol

make sure you do your research so you can impress your mum

bit off topic but uve just put me off my favourite ice cream lol.
CentricMalteser85 Posted - 01/02/2012 : 22:32:07
lol, the joys of having your own place

but I still use the ice tray bit at the top

each of mouse is individually wrap in black (that's how they come) and then in a clear plastic sandwich bag,

that way cant be confused,

just got an image of our mum going for ice cream, opening this box, and discovering it's "Snakies Mice & Bits" instead of ben and jerrys cookie dough lol

make sure you do your research so you can impress your mum

EDIT: spell checked
marc_sg Posted - 01/02/2012 : 22:28:14
quote:

quote:

Buy them a new freezer?

WannaCornSnakeTeen Posted - 01/02/2012 : 21:12:48
quote:

Buy them a new freezer?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000