Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

WannaCornSnakeTeen
Hatchling

United Kingdom
163 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2012 :  19:43:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sooooooo it sort of worked... My mum said that if I still want a corn snake in a month, she'll think about it!
It will probably be a yes
wouldent it just be so much easier if corn snkes dident eat mice lol you know what i mean the whole 'I'm not having mice in my freezer!' reaction

Don't like it, shut up!

Corn Snake Power Point- https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=1f2dd1061fc5c411&resid=1F2DD1061FC5C411!124&parid=1F2DD1061FC5C411!117&authkey=!AFpK0dBmsJ_1da4

Help please http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21981

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2012 :  19:44:54  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
oooh :)

good luck, My mum was a bit iffy bowt that too, so I keep them in the ice tray so they're only seen when they're needed lol

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2012 :  19:57:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you could just buy as you need them.. depending on how close by your pet shop is.

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2012 :  20:12:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In a blacked out lunch box it could be anything.

Start by aiming high, say you want a reticulated python, they eat rabbits. Really go the whole hog with the 'I wants' then propose a compromise of just a small corn snake that only eat titchy mice.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

oakleyman18
Yearling

828 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2012 :  20:54:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Buy them a new freezer?

Oscar Morrell
0.1.0. Tessera het Caramel Diffused Hypo ph Amel Anery CB'12 "Cassi", 0.1.0. Diffused Powder CB'12 "Ruby"
0.1.0. Normal Stripe, het Hypo, Amel, Lavender CB'11 "Amber", 1.0.0. Lavender Stripe het Diffused Anery Amel Hypo CB'11 "Pluto"
1.0.0. Hypo Opal Ph Stripe CB'12 "Hops", 1.0.0. Caramel Stripe het Amel CB'08 "Jasper", 1.0.0. Opal Stripe het Anery CB'09 "Topaz"
0.1.0. Amel Stripe het Caramel CB'09 "Poppy", 0.1.0. Tessera het Amel Lavender Stripe ph Diffused Hypo Anery CB'12 "Amethyst"
Go to Top of Page

smiffy89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2012 :  20:54:43  Show Profile  Click to see smiffy89's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
an old photo film pot is always a good 1 uses no space and you can get them in black.
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2012 :  21:00:32  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
When you've only got the one buying as you need from petshsops like every week is good :p or putting them in ice cream tubs, make sure to eat the ice cream first :P

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

WannaCornSnakeTeen
Hatchling

United Kingdom
163 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2012 :  21:12:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oakleyman18

Buy them a new freezer?

Actually thinking about it we have got this mini frezer that isent even on it there just to fill the space lol

Don't like it, shut up!

Corn Snake Power Point- https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=1f2dd1061fc5c411&resid=1F2DD1061FC5C411!124&parid=1F2DD1061FC5C411!117&authkey=!AFpK0dBmsJ_1da4

Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2012 :  22:28:14  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by WannaCornSnakeTeen

quote:

Buy them a new freezer?

Actually thinking about it we have got this mini frezer that isent even on it there just to fill the space lol

that all i use it is perfect. and ill buy 3/4 months worth at a time for 4 snakeys. they work perfectly for stopping people worrying about mice in the frezzer. well least ur half way there. just keeping showing them your still as interested as you were at the begginning. just outer interested how did you ask letter or face to face

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle
soon to have female pin royal

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

CentricMalteser85
Banned Again

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2012 :  22:32:07  Show Profile  Visit CentricMalteser85's Homepage  Reply with Quote
lol, the joys of having your own place

but I still use the ice tray bit at the top

each of mouse is individually wrap in black (that's how they come) and then in a clear plastic sandwich bag,

that way cant be confused,

just got an image of our mum going for ice cream, opening this box, and discovering it's "Snakies Mice & Bits" instead of ben and jerrys cookie dough lol

make sure you do your research so you can impress your mum

EDIT: spell checked

Edited by - CentricMalteser85 on 01/02/2012 22:57:34
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2012 :  22:35:29  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CentricMalteser85

lol, the joys of having your own place

but I still use the ice tary bit at the top

each of mouse is individually wrap in black (that's how they come) and then in a clear plastic sandwich bag,

that way cant be confused,

just got an image of our mum going for ice cream, opening this box, and discovering it's "Snakies Mice & Bits" instead of ben and jerrys cookie dough lol

make sure you do your research so you can impress your mum

bit off topic but uve just put me off my favourite ice cream lol.

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2012 :  23:35:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
think my mother would freak if she found the mice in my freezer, i'm 32 with my own place and children lol, i use the ice tray bit and their in a plastic box. She came to visit the other day and really doesn't like my snakies, don't know why, so had to cover the faun, RUB, and viv with towels and blankets so she couldn't see them

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

Go to Top of Page

thistle
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1757 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2012 :  00:42:57  Show Profile  Visit thistle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Definitely sounds promising. Hopefully in a month she wont have changed her mind.

2.0.0 Dogs (westie Angus, shih tzu Archie)
0.5.0 African Pygmy Hedgehogs (Harriet, Amelia, Matilda, Jemima, Maisie) RIP Hector
0.4.0 Guinea Pigs (Isobel, Effy, Mrs Mack & Sheila)
1.0.0 Lutino C0ckatiel (Sammy)
3.0.0 Corn Snakes - CB10 Amel (Barnaby), CB11 Anery Lavender (Bailey), CB10 Caramel Motley (Bradley)
0.1.0 CB11 Western Hognose Snake (Maggie)
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2012 :  01:49:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats, look forward to pics in a month of new snakie!

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

WannaCornSnakeTeen
Hatchling

United Kingdom
163 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2012 :  07:48:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marc_sg

quote:

quote:

Buy them a new freezer?

that all i use it is perfect. and ill buy 3/4 months worth at a time for 4 snakeys. they work perfectly for stopping people worrying about mice in the frezzer. well least ur half way there. just keeping showing them your still as interested as you were at the begginning. just outer interested how did you ask letter or face to face

Actually i sort of emailed my dad a powerpoint I made lol

Don't like it, shut up!

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2012 :  08:18:40  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Turning on a freezer just to store mice for one snake is a bit drastic considering how much eleccy they can use unless your going to shoove your peas and sausages in there too :P

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2012 :  17:26:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you put them mice in resealable freezer bags and then put them in a plastic airtight container you can't see through your mum won't be able to see them and doesn't need to worry about hygeine if thats on her mind too.
Its looking good for you though,well done on the persuading so far.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

lupi lou
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3670 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2012 :  19:20:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My mum didn't like the idea of mice in the freezer either, and we end up with fishing bait in there which is worse!!! shes come round more now that she's seen that they are in a black bag and not just loose in the freezer! even thinks she might actually like 8, not that she'd admit that!!

1.0.1 Corns
0.1.0 Dog: springer
1.0.0 Horse
0.4.0 Gerbils
2.2.0 Leopard gecko
0.2.0 Cave gecko
Go to Top of Page

Redshift Spec
Hatchling

379 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2012 :  20:52:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Buy them a new freezer?

Oh you know you've got to show us this power point now! :)

Frank (Amel Corn 1.0)
Felicity (Flick) (Normal Het Albino BCI 0.1)
Jack (Sunglow BCI 1.0)
Maisie (Hypo het Albino BCI 0.1)
Silver (Snow Corn 0.1)
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2012 :  20:57:42  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Could you have a special shelf just for the mice? Keep them in a container, like everyone has suggested, and there won't be a problem.
Maybe Mum would look at the posts on here and she will understand that cornsnakes are not that bad after all. They are really awesome!!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2012 :  23:13:55  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Redshift Spec

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Buy them a new freezer?

Oh you know you've got to show us this power point now! :)

yes i think it should be uploaded to

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY

Edited by - marc_sg on 02/02/2012 23:14:51
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000