The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 simon has escaped

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
marc_sg Posted - 22/01/2012 : 15:30:44
just gone to feed all my cors and the smallest one has escaped. and i cant figure out how. ive checked the news paper and his definately not in there. he was in there @ 1 this morning and looked like he had a mission planned but now his gone
19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dancross0 Posted - 23/01/2012 : 22:13:29
Something like these...

http://www.staples.co.uk/office-supplies/filing/document-presentation/report-covers-and-spine-bars/durable-spine-bars/a4-spine-bars-6mm-black-10-pack?r=rh

Paper binding strips for unpunched papers. You just slide them over the end of the outside piece of glass.
smart bunny Posted - 23/01/2012 : 21:52:50
I'm obviously being thick here, but can I ask what you mean by paper binders? And how do you block the gap with them? Sorry, it's probably really obvious
marc_sg Posted - 23/01/2012 : 11:06:55
quote:
Originally posted by kdlang

I use paper binders to block the gaps in my viv doors

never tbought of that on lol
kdlang Posted - 23/01/2012 : 10:16:29
I use paper binders to block the gaps in my viv doors
marc_sg Posted - 22/01/2012 : 21:07:13
i was told to get draft blocks i think there called and stick between the glass
Sta~ple Posted - 22/01/2012 : 20:59:12
Your very lucky to find your snakes that quickly, so many never see their snakes again. It's always the glass doors they escape from or cable holes :p My youngest snakes are 2 nearly and I have the cable holes filled up and wedged the gap in the viv doors, never had an escapee yet in 13 years!
marc_sg Posted - 22/01/2012 : 19:25:35
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

So you have had one escape 3 times and this one has escaped now too. Without sounding mean you really need to make sure your enclosures are escape proof before they escape rather than after because one day one will escape and that will be it gone. Its great you found it but please just have a good look at your set up and make sure there are no gaps at all.

when my other male escaped it was when i kept making vivs and out of pure stupitity i never checked. i have now built another one that is completely escape proof for the big ones. just thought it would do the job for simon now aswell but he manahed to squezze thru the gap between the glass so now his back in his starter tank till his the same size as his ghost partner. i watched her try and fail so i no whem he gets to that size i will be fine. and dont worry about sounding mean it was my own ignoance he got out. so i dont take it as mean i take it as constructive advice lol
lotabob Posted - 22/01/2012 : 19:11:59
So you have had one escape 3 times and this one has escaped now too. Without sounding mean you really need to make sure your enclosures are escape proof before they escape rather than after because one day one will escape and that will be it gone. Its great you found it but please just have a good look at your set up and make sure there are no gaps at all.
CentricMalteser85 Posted - 22/01/2012 : 19:03:38
well done for finding him

I feed mine out of their viv, and if I'm not watching, within seconds they disappear,

luckily, as Iv let them roam in my room freely while watching them, they always go to the same 2 places, next to my sockets in the corner (as gap in carpet to let the wired plug through) or climbs the leg of my bed and find them on my heated blanket lol
marc_sg Posted - 22/01/2012 : 18:25:11
i no. i get really scared because of thr dog aswell. then the fact that the first time sid got out he was the size simon is and he got thru to next door. lol all i heard was the poor thai bird next door screaming snake snake help snake. lol she was about to kill him but i banged on the door. now i tell the neighbours that i have them and not to panic if they see one. they love them now the kids always ask to hold them.
ShaneyyWithWiz Posted - 22/01/2012 : 18:16:27
quote:
Originally posted by marc_sg

i think this is record. after searching the whole room and the laundary basket i was gonna start making traps. however i double checked the basket and found him its gotta be my record dont no about anyone else

VERY nice to hear mate :) the feeling of not knowing where they are ay?
marc_sg Posted - 22/01/2012 : 17:22:00
quote:
Originally posted by scottishbluebird

Glad you found him before he got a spin rinse!

lmfao hope his colours wouldnt have ran lol
scottishbluebird Posted - 22/01/2012 : 17:10:59
Glad you found him before he got a spin rinse!
marc_sg Posted - 22/01/2012 : 16:40:18
ive lost my other male 3 x when i have changed vivs. each time got quicker and quicker but ill stick to finding this one in an hour. thanks people for the advice.
marc_sg Posted - 22/01/2012 : 16:33:58
i think this is record. after searching the whole room and the laundary basket i was gonna start making traps. however i double checked the basket and found him its gotta be my record dont no about anyone else
adamasrc Posted - 22/01/2012 : 16:32:46
if its a shy snake, start by looking close to the viv, personal experience :P. good luck finding
nusnakemum Posted - 22/01/2012 : 16:32:16
oh no hope you find him fast !!
kdlang Posted - 22/01/2012 : 16:27:57
Oh no, I know that feeling. Good luck on finding him
Emmy1 Posted - 22/01/2012 : 15:49:12
Oh no!! I hope you find him soon! There is a good sticky somewhere on here about methodically searching for a missing snake. It's really useful when you cannot think for yourself out of panic/ need to find your missing snake.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000