simon has escaped
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2012 :  15:30:44  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
just gone to feed all my cors and the smallest one has escaped. and i cant figure out how. ive checked the news paper and his definately not in there. he was in there @ 1 this morning and looked like he had a mission planned but now his gone

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle
soon to have female pin royal

R.I.P SHELLY

Emmy1
Yearling

707 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2012 :  15:49:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh no!! I hope you find him soon! There is a good sticky somewhere on here about methodically searching for a missing snake. It's really useful when you cannot think for yourself out of panic/ need to find your missing snake.

0.1.0 Anery Corn Snake
1.0.0 Normal Western Hognosed Snake
1.0.0 Albino California Kingsnake
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Wildtype, Hypo)
0.0.3 Shubunkin Goldfish
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2012 :  16:27:57  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oh no, I know that feeling. Good luck on finding him

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

nusnakemum
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1612 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2012 :  16:32:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh no hope you find him fast !!

0.0.1 corn Ernest
0.1.0 leopard gecko Mrs T
1.0.0 anery Black Eyed Bill RIP Bill x
2.0.0 kids
Go to Top of Page

adamasrc
Hatchling

United Kingdom
255 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2012 :  16:32:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if its a shy snake, start by looking close to the viv, personal experience :P. good luck finding

0.1.0 Buttercorn (Molly)
1.0.0 Royal (Duke)
http://www.youtube.com/user/ReptilesQuest?feature=mhee
You there! subscribe to me!
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2012 :  16:33:58  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i think this is record. after searching the whole room and the laundary basket i was gonna start making traps. however i double checked the basket and found him its gotta be my record dont no about anyone else

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2012 :  16:40:18  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ive lost my other male 3 x when i have changed vivs. each time got quicker and quicker but ill stick to finding this one in an hour. thanks people for the advice.

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2012 :  17:10:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad you found him before he got a spin rinse!

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2012 :  17:22:00  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scottishbluebird

Glad you found him before he got a spin rinse!

lmfao hope his colours wouldnt have ran lol

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

ShaneyyWithWiz
Hatchling

United Kingdom
106 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2012 :  18:16:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marc_sg

i think this is record. after searching the whole room and the laundary basket i was gonna start making traps. however i double checked the basket and found him its gotta be my record dont no about anyone else

VERY nice to hear mate :) the feeling of not knowing where they are ay?

Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2012 :  18:25:11  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i no. i get really scared because of thr dog aswell. then the fact that the first time sid got out he was the size simon is and he got thru to next door. lol all i heard was the poor thai bird next door screaming snake snake help snake. lol she was about to kill him but i banged on the door. now i tell the neighbours that i have them and not to panic if they see one. they love them now the kids always ask to hold them.

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

CentricMalteser85
Banned Again

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2012 :  19:03:38  Show Profile  Visit CentricMalteser85's Homepage  Reply with Quote
well done for finding him

I feed mine out of their viv, and if I'm not watching, within seconds they disappear,

luckily, as Iv let them roam in my room freely while watching them, they always go to the same 2 places, next to my sockets in the corner (as gap in carpet to let the wired plug through) or climbs the leg of my bed and find them on my heated blanket lol
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2012 :  19:11:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So you have had one escape 3 times and this one has escaped now too. Without sounding mean you really need to make sure your enclosures are escape proof before they escape rather than after because one day one will escape and that will be it gone. Its great you found it but please just have a good look at your set up and make sure there are no gaps at all.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2012 :  19:25:35  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

So you have had one escape 3 times and this one has escaped now too. Without sounding mean you really need to make sure your enclosures are escape proof before they escape rather than after because one day one will escape and that will be it gone. Its great you found it but please just have a good look at your set up and make sure there are no gaps at all.

when my other male escaped it was when i kept making vivs and out of pure stupitity i never checked. i have now built another one that is completely escape proof for the big ones. just thought it would do the job for simon now aswell but he manahed to squezze thru the gap between the glass so now his back in his starter tank till his the same size as his ghost partner. i watched her try and fail so i no whem he gets to that size i will be fine. and dont worry about sounding mean it was my own ignoance he got out. so i dont take it as mean i take it as constructive advice lol

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2012 :  20:59:12  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Your very lucky to find your snakes that quickly, so many never see their snakes again. It's always the glass doors they escape from or cable holes :p My youngest snakes are 2 nearly and I have the cable holes filled up and wedged the gap in the viv doors, never had an escapee yet in 13 years!

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2012 :  21:07:13  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i was told to get draft blocks i think there called and stick between the glass

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2012 :  10:16:29  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I use paper binders to block the gaps in my viv doors

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2012 :  11:06:55  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kdlang

I use paper binders to block the gaps in my viv doors

never tbought of that on lol

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2012 :  21:52:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm obviously being thick here, but can I ask what you mean by paper binders? And how do you block the gap with them? Sorry, it's probably really obvious

Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2012 :  22:13:29  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Something like these...

http://www.staples.co.uk/office-supplies/filing/document-presentation/report-covers-and-spine-bars/durable-spine-bars/a4-spine-bars-6mm-black-10-pack?r=rh

Paper binding strips for unpunched papers. You just slide them over the end of the outside piece of glass.

Aguna CB11 Anery - Typhon CB12 Amber - Plissken CB08 Carolina - Iara CB11 Caramel

Indra CB12 Lavender (?) - Evren CB12 Carolina (?) - Ophis CB11 Hypo Lavender - Sirae CB11 Ghost Motley

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000