The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Bad shed and limp snake :-(

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mort13 Posted - 01/12/2011 : 20:18:37
I've posted in this bit as its in connection with my female house snake Echo.
I've known she's been in blue so today I decided to check on her and found bits of shed everywhere,most of it was still on her though. I tried the damp towel thing and it was a nightmare as she wasn't really doing anything,had hoped her moving through it would have got rid. Managed to get it off in the end but she really didn't seem herself. Could this be due to the stress of the bad shed?
Nothings changed,she's in the same tub since I've had her. Her brother is set up identically and he's fine. They both have moist hides and theres never been an issue,wondering if the central heatings contributed.
I can't get her to the vets tonight due to the kids,but if theres no change in her tomorrow I'll hopefully take her.
In the mean time,I've heard about the powerade treatment a few times and wondered if it was worth a try?

Theres pics of her in the other reptiles photo section that I took a week and a half ago.

Sorry for posting it in this bit but I'm rather stressed and thought it may get spotted quicker.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ScalySituation Posted - 03/12/2011 : 09:56:40
goodyoh :)
Mort13 Posted - 03/12/2011 : 09:04:14
Thankyou all. I'm very happy to report she's back to her usual self now,scooting about her tub.
I did do the bath thing with her early afternoon to see if it would perk her up and she didn't seem bothered by it at all,it also helped get a last bit of stubborn shed off the end of her tail that I'd not been able to help her with.
If it happens again (I hope not) then I'll just leave her without bathing as I'm now sure she'd have been ok without judging by the speed at which she's improved.
Okeetee Mick Posted - 03/12/2011 : 07:58:35
A lot of good advice but my first impression was she looks fine so as Mike says do nothing, I'm sure she will be fine.
mikerichards Posted - 02/12/2011 : 22:03:19
personally, i wouldnt do anything, just leave her be, shes a healthy weight, she looks fine, and shes certainly not dehydrated, so no need for powerade. I would just leave her be for now, i guess she probably got herself worked up over thepoopshed.
lotabob Posted - 02/12/2011 : 21:22:40
Awww good to see her getting bck to normal, a powerade bath will have her whizzing round like a loon in no time.
marc_sg Posted - 02/12/2011 : 21:13:04
Glad shes better. what morph is she
Figs Posted - 02/12/2011 : 14:47:51
Silly worm Must have just tired herself out, like you say!
Hope she's back to normal soon for you
paulie78 Posted - 02/12/2011 : 13:47:37
aww glad to see shes looking/feeling a lot better and that you are less stressed mate i know how you feel when one of your pets is sick i feel powerless and useless and it upsets me then i get the feeling like ive failed them which i knows rubbish but you cant help it
Sta~ple Posted - 02/12/2011 : 13:01:29
Bless her, glad shes feeling better though.
hugorune Posted - 02/12/2011 : 11:43:48
Aww Im glad shes feeling better, and hopefully she will improve through the day
Mort13 Posted - 02/12/2011 : 11:25:45
Thankyou everyone.
I checked on Echo before taking the kids school this morning and she seemed better. For starters she was moving and was using her body to hold onto my hand. Yesterday she was just hanging from my hand like a piece of string (kept thinking she'd died). She's not quite as active as normal but I'm going to try the Powerade thing with her later.

This was her this morning:

One to show her body condition (which I think looks fine):

She's now using her tongue again,she hardly used it last night:

I'm feeling better about things now,and just think the poor girls worn herself out. Seeing her like that was absolutely heartbreaking.
Sta~ple Posted - 02/12/2011 : 08:59:56
Hope she feels better soon bless her.
Mamma Posted - 01/12/2011 : 22:05:15
Moooooort! Little echo gotta be ok!!
paulie78 Posted - 01/12/2011 : 22:00:48
aww best of luck to echo Mort and try not to stress yourself out anymore mate sounds like uve done as much as u possibly cant hope she bounces back tomorrow ive always wondered if shedding is tiring for the snakes as mine always seem quite hungry after
kdlang Posted - 01/12/2011 : 21:56:30
Hope she feels better soon Mort.
Mort13 Posted - 01/12/2011 : 21:47:53
Its ok,she's too tired to notice. Eli's the boy!
Think she'll be getting more rest than me,doubt I'll sleep tonight with the worry.
lotabob Posted - 01/12/2011 : 21:45:28
Oops sorry Echo I thought you was a boy lol. I'm sure with a bit of rest SHE will be fine.
Mort13 Posted - 01/12/2011 : 21:43:31
Thanks nusnakemum.
Mort13 Posted - 01/12/2011 : 21:42:47
I like the idea of putting some in the water bowl lotabob,as I was worried about stressing her further. Good idea!
The central heating was the only thing I could think of that was different,clutching at straws I think there.
I've just taken a look at her,she's behind her warm end hide and as I moved the hide a little I saw her tail move. She wasn't even moving her tail earlier so I feel a little better about things. Will leave her in peace now till tomorrow and try the pwerade in her bowl if she still seems weak.

Thanks both of you,got myself proper worked up over it earlier.
nusnakemum Posted - 01/12/2011 : 21:41:37
hope all goes ok Mort x

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000